CU Direct Reviews in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Found 9 reviews

4.2
CU Direct CEO Anthony Boutelle
Anthony Boutelle

"Great experience - love the company culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture and benefits! Company culture is highly dependent on which department you are associated with, but our marketing department does a great job keeping a positive mindset and collaborating with one another. There is always an open line of communication which allows for greater efficiency and transparency.

Cons

There have been instances where team members are spread out thin, and at times can be overworked. This often results in decreased employee morale - more specifically relating to work-life balance. On the bright side, management continues to make a concerted effort to encourage employees to take time off when needed or requested - no questions asked.

Advice to Management

Communication is key! Personally, I have not had any issues with our management team. For the most part, they are very responsive and attentive to any action required deliverables. Keep up the great work.

CU Direct2019-08-29
  2. "Pretty good overall..."

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Good technical management Decent Salary Good technology roadmap

Cons

Recent changes in management and new good technical management challenged lots of old employees and old practices. A change is always difficult, resulting in some long term people leaving. In my opinion changes and challenges are meaningful, however think management should made it gradual..

CU Direct2019-10-12

"A good place overall that continues to evolve for the future."

Current Employee - Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation Benefits 401K Financially Stable Fast-Pace Environment Future-Focused

Cons

Lots of Change - Pro and Con Overall Workload to Staff Ratio Evolving Culture

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on our people, staff, our clients, and culture.

CU Direct2019-08-28

August 29, 2019CU Direct

Thank you for your feedback!

"Growing Pains, but Should be Worth the Ride"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than a year

Pros

CU Direct supports the Credit Union Movement. There are plenty of professional growth opportunities. The benefits and work/life balance are very good. It is potentially building very cool technology solutions, and is on the cusp of going BIG - I believe it will happen. While it is still about a year beyond the leaders, CU Direct does strive to be innovative - this too will come with maturity. The... overall leadership and management team are fantastic to work for. Likewise, the staff overall functions like a family - great vibe.

Cons

Risk if going BIG is not properly executed - this will be vital. Org lacks structure for decision making as well as structure for communicating where product development is and/or how work is prioritized - it shifts a lot. This is frustrating for employees and clients alike. Some of the leadership lacks EQ - to the extreme - and it is impacting the culture of the organization. There is a "clash of... cultures" on several fronts which causes friction. The org needs to define its culture - not in words or aspirationally, but in the way every person acts and the business operates day-to-day.

Advice to Management

The vision and mission are excellent. Everyone seems to have best of intentions. Needs a lot of work on leadership soft-skills. It also desperately needs structure for decision-making and transparency at scale. There is one senior leader who seems to want to run everything and does not operate with transparency or collaboratively. This undermines the rest of the leadership team, and is damaging to the overall... culture and integrity of the organization.

CU Direct2019-08-30

"It was time"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Encompassed by individuals and team that are improving our products & services Commitment to do what is right for clients even if it costs more The organization is diversifying its revenue sources

Cons

As the organization continues to evolve to take advantage of market moments, there has been significantly more employee turnover in past year or two than previously. However, these difficult changes have improved the product offerings from CU Direct.

Advice to Management

The organization is moving in the right direction

CU Direct2019-08-29

"Things are improving"

Current Employee - Senior Learning Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Love the people I work with. Like at any company experiences differ depending on dept and manager. - Flexible hours, good health benefits, 401K matching, bonuses (yr/qtr) & 10 paid holidays/yr. - Beautiful office with a Beer Fridge to enjoy after a long day at work. - Slowly, but surely they seem to be trying to improve things. Change across an organization should be well planned to ensure success.

Cons

- No Communication between depts. Every dept is it's own Silo and Exec's seem to like it that way. - Restructure teams are too often. Not enough time to see if the restructure works before they restructure again. - Seems like they over promise and under deliver on products. Not realistic on timelines for BIG projects. - Just started using offshore teams. Personally, I don't have faith in utilizing offshore... teams, but that's just a personal opinion.

Advice to Management

- Value the advice of those working daily in the trenches more than the execs who say the things you want to hear. Talk is cheap, get into the trenches and talk to people on the frontline. - Change needs to be a top down movement that is embraced by EVERY manager, director & executive. Currently, there no consistency in company values. - Be realistic on timelines. Quality work takes time and good people. If... we keep losing good people we won't get quality work which is more detrimental in the long run.

CU Direct2019-08-28

"Release"

Current Employee - Release Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for less than a year

Pros

management, work life , team, technology

Cons

none, none, none, none, none

CU Direct2019-05-22

June 27, 2019CU Direct

Thank you for your feedback!

"Company Values =/= Actual Work Environment"

Current Employee - Product in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Irvine location; Great people to work with

Cons

Pay is not at a competitive level

CU Direct2019-03-14

March 18, 2019CU Direct

CU Direct strives for a holistic and competitive compensation and benefits package.

"Innovative company with excellent benefits!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CU Direct full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

CU Direct is an innovative company that continues to grow and cares about their employees. They also continue to build an organizational culture that fosters collaboration and transparency. Great people at CU Direct and a good working environment to include a state of the art innovation lab in Irvine, CA. The company promotes work/life balance and has a well diversified management team. I enjoy working in a fast... paced past, upward potential, fun, innovative and collaborative environment. CU Direct has great talent and looking forward to seeing our continued success and excited about the technology we are building to better position our partners for success!

Cons

I really do not have any con's. As with any technology company there is change, fast paced environments, many opportunities for creativity which is essential to innovation. If you are looking for a rewarding, fast paced, team environment, forward thinking company, CU Direct may be just for you!

Advice to Management

Continue to hire talented and passionate people to help CU Direct to get to "yes" faster.

CU Direct2017-11-20