KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CUMULUS MEDIA Intern Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2021

Found 28 of over 783 reviews

3.6
CUMULUS MEDIA President and CEO Mary G. Berner (no image)
Mary G. Berner

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CUMULUS MEDIA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Love this company!

Jan 28, 2019 - Communications Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Adam Bomb made sure everyone was doing related tasks based off of their major. Love love love.

Cons

Nothing wrong to say about this company

2. 3.0

Internship

Apr 14, 2021 - Marketing/Sales Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice Coworkers - Nice Office

Cons

- Only did busy work - Did not really learn much other than how to create a sales proposal for someone -Unpaid

3. 4.0

Cumulus Radio Review

Jan 31, 2021 - Intern in Bossier City, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The workplace was very easy to learn.

Cons

Lack of hours, pay was not too good.

4. 4.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Supportive work culture, but not enough resources.

Jan 28, 2020 - Editorial Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good people in the building, fun work environment.

Cons

Not enough resources going to the people who work the hardest. Many seem to become disillusioned.

5. 2.0
    Former Intern

Met great people

Oct 22, 2019 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think I can speak for most people at Cumulus DC when I say that the people are the driving force of the company. Great talent, kind mentors, and wonderfully smart leaders. I made contacts here that I will have for a long time.

Cons

Very overworked, low-morale, under appreciative. Top management is obviously trying to cut costs by making one person do the work of 3 people.

6. 2.0

Waste of Time

Apr 15, 2019 - Promotions Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Got to learn about all aspects of the radio industry and sit in on some radio shows. Also got to record a commercial and be on-air

Cons

It was only 3 hours a day and we didn't even use all of the time. Plus it was in the middle of the day so it was hard if we wanted to have a side job. We spent SO much time waiting around. Also, working all of the events (as unpaid labor) for multiple hours on end in the heat was brutal and that should not be a requirement.

7. 4.0
    Former Intern

Fun workplace

May 7, 2019 - Promotions Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Super fun workplace. Very relaxed in terms of dress and communication. There’s always events to go to, and they’re really good about hooking you up with event tickets.

Cons

All the entry-level positions are part-time with very low pay. You would 100% have to have a second job.

8. 2.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Disorganized in a failing industry

Mar 21, 2019 - Promotions Intern in Lexington, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting attend events, learn more about the radio industry.

Cons

Boss was lazy and sexist.

9. 5.0

A great experience

Jan 21, 2019 - Promotions Intern in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

This internship is incredibly hands on and gives you both experience in an office setting, as well as onsite events. There are many benefits to the hard work, including being able to work around incredible artists and musicians. The PAs and Promo coordinators are super nice and helpful. Everyone spends so much time together that you eventually feel like family which is a great thing to have especially with this having been my first internship ever.

Cons

For an unpaid internship, the hours and workload can be overwhelming at times. Your job is basically the same thing as the Promotion Assistants with the only difference being that the assistants drive the station vehicles and are getting paid. Can be a very tiring job at times, but very rewarding in other factors.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Intern

Jan 6, 2016 - Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone was very nice, they taught me fundamentals of the broadcast industry that have helped me in my classes at school. Definitely a great experience and would recommend it to most underclassmen looking to get experience in this industry.

Cons

A little dysfunctional at times / no real intern program (I was the only One) there are pros and cons to this so its kind of a double edged sword.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews