KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

CUMULUS MEDIA Reviews

Updated May 21, 2022

Found 775 of over 830 reviews

3.2
CUMULUS MEDIA President and CEO Mary G. Berner (no image)
Mary G. Berner

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and more support from corporate(in 74 reviews)
  • "Good training and resources within the company as well as a subsidy for your first year if needed.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers and bosses.(in 16 reviews)
  • "It's a nice work environment with some really good stations to represent.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The internship was good for me during school because it was not stressful and I learned a lot.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CUMULUS MEDIA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture

May 4, 2022 - Traffic Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company and benefits

Cons

I don’t really have any cons just that they have small raises

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Very Manager Heavy

May 21, 2022 - Sales and Marketing Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heritage Radio Stations branded in the marketplace

Cons

More managers than staff. Managers compete with local sellers

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Adequate, not great

May 16, 2022 - Account Representative in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great clients and office space. Market and Sales Managers were great to work with. Very helpful in learning sales.

Cons

On-air personalities and some corporate staff were difficult to work with.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review Headline

May 13, 2022 - PM Drive Radio Announcer in Blacksburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I could work from my own home studio, sometimes recording days ahead of the broadcast date.

Cons

Lack of control to change voice tracks when a situation warranted (school closings, school shootings, weather, etc)

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Unless you're in sales, run away

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with SOME pretty awesome people.

Cons

Anyone not working in sales is considered to be doing "menial and pointless work" (direct quote from one of the sales staff). When I went to the manager with concerns of fraud - a member of the sales team forged my signature and my supervisor's signature on a co-op invoice because she forgot to revise the copy instructions - we were reprimanded for trying to cause the company to lose money. When we asked the manager to help us enforce the deadlines that were in place, we were told that we were "asking for utopia and needed to learn how to just deal with things as they were".

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great... until it wasn't

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mary Berner made sure that the company had no layoffs during covid

Cons

After covid, company began forcing corporate beliefs on staff. Forced to make statements on air that we did not personally believe in, and then threatened with termination if we made commentary on air that we did believe in (but corporate did not). Forced vax mandates before any vaccines had full approval or be terminated. Different referral bonus amounts dependent upon race of new employee.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Get in and get out.

Apr 14, 2022 - N/A
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gets you behind the scenes for radio and entertainment. Can open more doors.

Cons

Toxic high level employees who would turn to vapor if they had to do anything outside the place. Love to abuse interns & part timers with lots of work with low pay. They take care of corporate before they take care of anyone else, and it shows. That is why radio itself is dying. Get in get out.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Don't Do It

Jan 29, 2022 - Confidential
    Business Outlook

Pros

The actual people doing the day to day are great and the only positive thing about the company overall. Management and "leadership" is severely lacking. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Where to start... The culture has taken a 180 degree turn for the worse. It is a dying industry and all they can do is keep cutting costs instead of growing. This company terminated people who helped keep the company going during the pandemic all because they made a personal decision to not get vaccinated. Management does not actually care about the employees at all, just the bottom line. The Business Managers are treated horribly by their "leaders". They make decisions without thinking through the impact to employees or customers. I would not recommend working for the company. Pay is nowhere near market levels. Bonuses are a joke. Morale is at an all-time low. There is no work-life balance. A 12-hour day is average on a consistent basis and nobody cares how it impacts the employees as long as the work gets done.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Mediocre place

May 6, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free event perks & meeting artist

Cons

Pay & higher ups don’t care about you.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

False hope

Apr 23, 2022 - Corporate Payroll Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have the option to work Hybrid or remote.

Cons

Extensive hours. Slack in on boarding. No guidance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 775 Reviews

CUMULUS MEDIA Reviews FAQs

CUMULUS MEDIA has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 830 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at CUMULUS MEDIA to a friend and 39% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CUMULUS MEDIA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CUMULUS MEDIA. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

48% of CUMULUS MEDIA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CUMULUS MEDIA 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CUMULUS MEDIA to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with CUMULUS MEDIA Job Seekers