Cover image for CUNA Mutual

CUNA Mutual President and Chief Executive Officer Robert N. Trunzo
Robert N. Trunzo

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of CUNA Mutual and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 10, 2023 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, management, team members, everything

Cons

I can't really think of any cons,

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company overall

Jan 21, 2023 - Solutions Curator in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Options for stretch projects Management is great

Cons

Pay is only competitive as outside hire

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good environment, if not a bit bureaucratic

Jan 17, 2023 - Customer Operations Director in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

They try to change and make positive progress

Cons

Still shares a bit of bureaucracy from older insurance companies, change as such is very slow

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing Experience

Nov 16, 2022 - Middle Management Level
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at CMG for just over 5 years. I have held several jobs in the Madison, WI area and never has an employer before now treated me with loyalty, flexibility, respect, authenticity & opportunity to excel in my current role (and helped prepare me for any future roles within the Company). The CEO and exec leadership showed genuine grace, care & concern for all our employees & customers before the pandemic but even took it further during and 'after' COVID 19. I feel very fortunate to work for this amazing company and I hope to stay until my eventual retirement.

Cons

IT Leaders could use a bit of help when it comes to skilled, compassionate leadership and stepping up the level of good communication and partnership with the Business. But overall this is a wonderful company with amazing comp & benefits.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, Wonderful Team

Jan 17, 2023 - Junior Analyst in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible work environment - Good PTO and Holiday

Cons

- Hybrid work policy (benefits full time WFH employees more than hybrid)

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Leadership with a vision; middle management weak on execution

Dec 6, 2022 - Transformation Lead in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was drawn to CMFG because of their employee and community focused approach to the COVID pandemic and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts. Listening to Bob talk about the company's vision is always inspiring and motivating.

Cons

At the ground level there was sometimes a lack of organization resulting in swirl and time wasted. In my experience, some ineffective middle management caused projects to stall or move forward in the wrong direction.

7. 5.0

Good place to work

Dec 24, 2022 - Data Analyst in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy culture and focused on delivering value

Cons

Headquartered in Madison, which is far from the costs.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

No complaints

Jan 16, 2023 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good support network for most teams

Cons

A few bad apples and poor hardware management system.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

New leaders giving me new hope

Oct 4, 2022 - Solutions Architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is going through a lot of change that we need. The change is hard and a lot of the old guard can be stuck in their ways. I used to support our B2B work where this outdated way of working made it impossible to do anything exciting and started to look for something new because I had never seen any change here before. But things seem to be changing with our leadership and the new digital leader for our consumer and business teams who is making big changes that are making things much better. It’s amazing the difference when the leader knows what he is talking about and trusts people that know what they are doing.

Cons

We have old sales guys embarrassing us faking their digital and technical skills by cramming hashtags into LinkedIn posts about Fintech. It’s not fooling anyone who knows what they are talking about. Please ask them to stop and use our experts instead.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Progressive company

Dec 23, 2022 - Business Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

High visibility and engagement opportunities across the organization

Cons

Lacks the structure and support for employees of color to advance at a pace that’s in-keeping with other organizations. Biases get in the way of being afforded development opportunities.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 523 Reviews

CUNA Mutual Reviews FAQs

CUNA Mutual has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 628 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at CUNA Mutual to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CUNA Mutual employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CUNA Mutual. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

86% of CUNA Mutual employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CUNA Mutual 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at CUNA Mutual to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with CUNA Mutual Job Seekers