CVHCare Home Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CVHCare Home Health CEO Mark Parinas
Mark Parinas

1. "Admissions Processing Coordinator"

Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Admissions Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

CVHCare Home Health is very dedicated to provide the best home care services possible. All the employees have great work ethics and the work environment is amazing.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons!

2. "Friendly atmosphere and flexible management"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are also my friends, and management is very understanding of a work/life balance.

Cons

I have no cons to mention.

3. "From One Nurse to Another"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My number one Pro working for CVHCare is that I am able to provide the best care to my patients! Being a nurse, my main priority has always been providing quality care and advocating for the patient. It is truly fulfilling to work with a company that not only understands the reason why I got into nursing but also provides me with the support I need to make quality care happen. From the momen't I walked into CVHCare for my interview, all through these past three years, I can honestly say that I have a management team that cares about me, the work that I am doing and does everything in their power to make sure I have the necessary tools & knowledge to care for my patients. In addition, whenever I've had something personal arise in my life, I've always been able to depend on my co-workers to help me get through those tough times. For that, I will be forever grateful! CVHCare isn't just any home health company, it's like my second family.

Cons

My biggest struggle when I first started was documentation. However, with practice and the support of everyone, from Operations to our Clinical Trainers, I was able to overcome this struggle and develop my own groove. If you are a fellow nurse struggling with documentation, I recommend reaching out to our team or myself. We are always more than willing to help!

Advice to Management

You have an amazing training program with some awesome clinical trainers and their support staff! Personally, I would like to see this program grow and not be such a small team. Their support has been invaluable to my experience and would really make a difference to all clinicians at CVHCare! Keep up the great work!

5. "This is a good place to work."

Current Employee - Patient Experience Specialist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Experience Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is flexible on the schedule.

Cons

Some dept have to work weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

This is a great place to work. Working at CVHCare is like being with family. The management team here is very approachable, all the way up to the CEO. If you want to learn and grow within your profession, this is where you want to be.

6. "Toxic-like Work Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at CVHCare Home Health full-time

Pros

They keep all them job sites in business by spamming the boards with the flood of the same old exact job openings appearing over and over again year round. See if for yourself. They ain't hard to find!

Cons

Troubling turnover levels especially amongst the home health staff is very disruptive. Cleaning up after revolving door of disgruntled therapists is regular chore. Get used to the headaches of trying to make sense of what they did, to trying to wrap your head around their shoddily kept notes. Poor compensation. But why not? If management believes they can hire anyone off the street to replace you then they will pay lowwww.

Advice to Management

Yes it's nice you got paid or got to pad your resumes. Ever wonder who ultimately get gets hurt by all this? The Patients!

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management team is very personable and understanding. The atmosphere is professional but also relaxed. Growing company with opportunities for employees to advance.

Cons

The commute to work is difficult.

Feb 13, 2017 – Sr. HR Generalist

We are so glad you are having an enjoyable experience working at CVH despite the commute. We know it can be hard and we appreciate your tenacity.

8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Busy and growing home healthcare company that loves to promote from within the company. Family atmosphere is welcoming and friendly. Leadership is available to all staff. Company celebrates the employees. Competitive salaries.

Cons

Personally, I don't see any cons--- it's a fast-paced environment. Some people like down-time at work...you won't find that here. I love the pace and workload.

Dec 29, 2016 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for taking time to post a review. It does tend to get very busy, but we try to provide as much back-end support as possible. So hopefully it doesn't get too overwhelming. Happy Holidays! ... More

9. "A great place to make a career"

Current Employee - Coordinator in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am amazed by the positive energy here. Mostly everyone is sociable and courteous. Especially the Senior Management here that has the utmost respect for their workers as well in return. I see myself working here for long term.

Cons

The only Cons I can recognize at the moment is work hours flexibility. The normal 9 to 530, although I would rather work that than graveyard, so maybe it is a pro then.

Advice to Management

Just keep on up with how you treat the staff, because the staff will return the favor. The work atmosphere always reflects how the management manages.

10. "RN Case Manager"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Oakland, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, outreach to community, good benefits

Cons

Pay could be improved

Advice to Management

I would probably consider eliminating SAT portion of the interview process. It seems somewhat disconnected and unrelated.

Dec 29, 2016 – Sr. HR Generalist

Thank you for taking a moment to post your review. We appreciate the 5 stars! Being in the home health industry is a challenging and complex job. Though it may seem as if the Cognitive test is not ... More

11. "Love the company"

Current Employee - Senior Researcher in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Researcher in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at CVHCare Home Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros of working at CVHCare, are the growth of the company and your personal growth as well. If you work hard and work for CVHCare with sincerity and honesty....your hard work will be noticed and will not be ignored. You will get the reward. Plus the independence you get the job, no one is bossing you around. The people are firendly and the environment is great.

Cons

There is so much of hiring in the past few years, that it becomes very difficult to remember every team member's names and faces.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.