CVM Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Parker
1 Rating

1. "Great Company w/ Excellent Values"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Westchester, IL

I have been working at CVM Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fantastic rapport & chemistry between entire office; everyone very open and friendly
    -A lot of autonomy given. People treat this autonomy w/ respect and don't abuse it
    -Management is very hands-off being that they point you in a direction and let you take the wheel
    -Leading company in industry, but still a lot of opportunity for creative & helping the company succeed

Cons

-None as of right now

Advice to Management

Management style is inline with some of the best I've experienced

2. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in Rochester, NY

I worked at CVM Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly environment fast paced place

Cons

none na nothing as of now

"Excellent Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at CVM Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to grow internally, and expand your skill-set and responsibilities. If you show enthusiasm, drive, and optimism you will be rewarded. Working at a premiere organization with Fortune 100 clients is invaluable in your career growth.

Cons

Communication and cooperation across departments is sometimes lacking. However if you thrive in an environment where you are not micromanaged you will have no problems meeting expectations so long as they are done on time and correctly.

Advice to Management

Boosting morale and maintaining productivity are vital components to motivating the growth of the organization.

"“A Ship in Full Sail”"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I have been working at CVM Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Previous Glassdoor postings equate CVM to a “sinking ship”, a company headed in a “downward spiral”. I’m finding just the opposite: a vision for the future well articulated by the current Managing Director, ongoing exciting enhancements to existing products, a professional yet friendly work environmental, and great employee diversity in age, gender, ethnicity, and yes, in thought. New ideas/viewpoints are actually welcomed and encouraged here, and post-project ‘lessons learned’ sessions help us all continuously improve.

Cons

Personnel resources are sometimes stretched thin due to many competing priorities. Management is well aware of this constraint and working to rectify the situation.

Advice to Management

Please treat the above as a top priority. We are staffed with very talented people, and we need more.

"Great Company So Far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

Pros

I've had a chance to make some real contributions to the company in my short time here, and been rewarded for this as well. Great team of people here. Been here less than a year but really appreciate the culture and people. Smaller company with vision for the future. I am surprised to see some of the negative reviews; they don't reflect what's really going on here. Info on who the Managing Director is is actually old - the new MD has great ideas and very involved with the people. Very motivating for me. My rating of CEO applies to the current MD.

Cons

We are owned by a larger company and as such, don't have full decision over benefits. Benefits could be better as well as comp. That's not a function of CVM as much as decisions made by Kroll, which has a bigger portfolio than just CVM.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the changes you are making - I am seeing a difference and excited for the future.

7. "Low Morale + Lack of Vision = Downward Spiral"

Former Employee - Senior Tier II Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Tier II Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at CVM Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In 2010, CVM was a decent place to work. We were still a middle-sized startup, maturing rapidly and getting some buzz in the market. There was talk of growth, of opportunity. Morale was decently high.

Cons

Then we got acquired. It was like someone flipped a switch. No one knew this company that now owned us. No one knew if we'd all be let go and replaced. Uncertainty reigned. And CVM never really recovered. People left in droves, morale went downhill, our culture disappeared, and people were just surviving from one day to the next. It was life-sucking, and I had to get away.

Advice to Management

Find your identity again. Who is CVM? What do they stand for? What's their value prop? Perhaps then you can find some middle managers and day-to-day client services people who feel valued enough to invest in their jobs. Until then? Don't expect much.

"The Managing Director must go before this place can begin moving in a positive direction."

Current Employee - Analyst in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Westchester, IL

I have been working at CVM Solutions full-time

Pros

Great vacation time, which is granted in full upon hire. No accruals. Work from home options.

Cons

Poor healthcare benefits, poor management, poor direction from management, same products with no innovation in years, even the politics are all over the place. The culture is toxic.

Advice to Management

Quit now and save everyone the despair. Give us a chance to save the company before you sink it.

9. "Good people"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Westchester, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Westchester, IL

I have been working at CVM Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, good culture

Cons

No growth, not very organized

Advice to Management

Rajesh Left in 2010...

10. "Only if you are desperate join this sinking ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westchester, IL

I worked at CVM Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you make it in the in-crowd you have reached your career goal at CVM. Most hardworking neutral employees leave CVM. Very high turnover ratio. These are all positives as employees life improve once they leave CVM.

Cons

Lot of politics. No visionaries. No telnet left due to high turnover ratio. Finance department runs this software company. In general a very sad place to spend your days.

Advice to Management

You do need more than six employees to run this company. Value ALL your employees not just a select few.

11. "Lack of direction; needs to re-platform all of its products; lack of support from parent Co. (Kroll)"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I worked at CVM Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible work environment; lack of competition in the marketplace for the software product

Cons

looked upon as red-headed step child of parent co (Kroll Advisory) so no real support from the corporate partner hence decisions are slow to be made if made at all. Legacy issues and some privileges granted to employees from previous (family) owners still exists.

Advice to Management

re-platform the products, bring in kroll leadership to partner and support (or sell off) this business.