CVS Health Certified Pharmacy Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Pharamcy techanision(certified)"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

I like cvs caremark nd i was alredy work in cvs caremark so i want to joint again....

Cons

i do anykind of work....

Advice to Management

everything is good

2. "Certified Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Edgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Edgewater, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, nice management. friendly team

Cons

long times to get a raise, no possibility for moving up the scale in the company.

"Certified Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Watertown, MA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers and patients are very nice.

Cons

No room to move up or for raises.

"Certified pharmacy technician"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician/Inventory Specialist in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job for those in school

Cons

Constantly cutting hours
    Low raises
    Bad management

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, don’t cut hours and add more workload

"CVS Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its is close to home. I'm happy with my pay but I'm hoping it will continue to increase but I'm concerned that I will be capped regardless of my experience. I love my coworkers and patients. The job is challenging yet rewarding.

Cons

Equipment issues including printer, computer, fridge, also problems with supplies including labels. caps, etc. These issues significantly impact our ability to efficiently serve our patients. Our PIC has problems receiving proper assistance from upper management. We have had 3 District Managers in 2 years.

Advice to Management

Stop setting unrealistic goals. Compensate employees appropriately so experienced employees have the motivation to stay. It takes time to train people. We say we care yet if CVS really cares then take care of employees because we take care of Patients and patients bring in money!

6. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Mentor, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Mentor, OH

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love to work with people and the different tasks.

Cons

Don't let co-workers talk down to you.

Advice to Management

Management is great.

"Certified Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Athens, TN
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Athens, TN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits early on in employment

Cons

Corporate cuts hours
    Not very good pay
    Cliques

Advice to Management

No one can live off $12 an hour with only 30 hours a week. Which to corporate subsitutes as full time. Also, quit cutting hours. Its dangerous to be running on the bare minimum of techs. You're going to lose all your employees very soon.

8. "CPhT"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Mount Pleasant, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Mount Pleasant, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Okay vacation, and I've heard the benefits are nice

Cons

**This is a long post, I just copied my response to the myHr survey, heads up**

CVS revoked my medical insurance after one day of it being active, over a 'status change' done in error. I had assumed everything was fine. Until I actually went to utilize my benefits in my time of need. I got stuck in a hospital that didnt know how to help me (I needed a specialist), the other hospital wouldn't accept me with no insurance (unless my condition worsened to a life threatening emergency, i.e. liver failure), the insurance couldn't be fixed over the weekend (per usual, just crap luck) and my condition was bad enough that even though the doctors willingly admitted that I needed to be somewhere better, they couldn't discharge me for fear I might die on the street and my family would sue. This forced me to sign out AMA, which means that the insurance probably won't cover any of the procedures done there, and they had to do quite a few. I'm still sitting here, hoping that the two day delay in getting to a good hospital won't leave me on anti rejection medicine for the rest of my life, (I'm 21 y/o) but the doctors are still trying to diagnose me after a week. My livers still getting worse as I type this. Those two days probably mattered alot, I guess I'll find out later. This is not even close to the first time this company has wronged me, It's just the only time my actual life depended on it. CVS failed me. On every step.
    I should have quit a long time ago, I just loved my fellow pharmacy techs too much, and they were worth it to me. Not anymore, I don't literally love them to death (haha okay bad joke). Coming right out of the hospital isn't the best time to quit, but I refuse to support the poison that is this company any longer. I'd make more at Panda Express anyways.
     The uneducated management and the absolute "the patient is always right (as long as they call district, anyways)" mentality aren't even the tip of the iceberg. B***e (the myHr representative) was immensely compassionate and helpful, and he did everything within his power to help me. He's a hero. CVS doesn't deserve him. CVS is a poisonous, disingenuous, profit-oriented cancer, and I hope that the whole company fails. I really hate to leave that many people jobless for however long it takes to relocate, but if there is even a small % of employees being treated in the same way that I have been (and the turnover rate of employees is indicative of exactly that) then I am wholeheartedly in favor of this company just burning to the ground. I just hope I don't die before I can tell every person on every platform available that they should jump ship, patient and employees alike. I really hope I don't die. Thanks, CVS.

Advice to Management

Quit, don't support this place, they do not care about you or the patients. Go to any other pharmacy, and they'll pay you better, too. Also, stop basing an employee's raise and overall performance on whether or not a patient answers the damn phone. We can't control that.

"Contractor was flagged as Not Rehireable"

Former Contractor - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CVS Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Mostly open door Managers and Supervisors.

Cons

If you aren’t prepared to be put under the exact scrutiny as a FTE then don’t work here. The company will mark their corporate records as Not Rehireable if they cancel your contract. You are not their employee and I cannot understand how legally they can do this. You are an employee of a Staffing Agency not CVS Health.

Advice to Management

Realize that your HR Department is not handle Staffing Agency Contrators differently from a CVS Health employee.

"Not Worth it"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Belleville, NJ
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Belleville, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hands on experience in regards to working with patients and filling prescriptions, good benefits

Cons

Terrible pay, deal with terrible customers

Advice to Management

Give technicians a raise!