CVS Health Reviews in Cumberland, RI | Glassdoor

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Unskilled Managers, Directors, VPs who do not care about the needs of their teams"

Former Employee - Advisor in Cumberland, RI
    Former Employee - Advisor in Cumberland, RI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, great bonus (if you're not robbed of it due to nonsense "issues). Work remotely and decent software for tickets/requests. Great technology and all the best hardware/software in the industry. Lots of opportunity to learn and expand your skill sets working with top of the line solutions and the latest, cutting edge features.

Cons

1. Unskilled managers who are way over there heads directing engineers to assist clients with making changes that could put the company's network at risk. Upper mgmt willing to force teams to cut corners, clients exaggerate problems to force teams into bypassing change control. You could literally end up working 3 days straight because someone is now learning how their applications work (as they go). If your management (team mgmt and director) are clueless in what you and your teammates "do", complex project changes with multiple teams/business lines involved that are unsuccessful could be blamed on the one dept who's work was performed correctly.
    How many sr managers does it take to tell one burning out engineer that a spell check exists in their script?

Advice to Management

Half of you should be let go or resign, the half that cause problems out of nothing because they're afraid they may have no value... instead of being productive and learning the trade even just a little so you might actually be managers.

"Do not work in a CVS call center"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cumberland, RI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cumberland, RI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to working for CVS in a call center. Management treats you like a dog, all they care about are keeping call times short, not actually solving problems.

Cons

Everything. It was the worst job I ever had, including when I cleaned a butcher shop when I was in high school. I would rather clean up blood and guts in the cold, and have the skin peel off my hands from the cleaners than to ever go back to work for CVS.

Advice to Management

HIRE MORE PEOPLE! TREAT THEM LIKE HUMANS!

3. "great"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Cumberland, RI
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good hours lots of overtime

Cons

great nice cool fun exciting

Advice to Management

"Low Morale and Very Heavy Workload"

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Cumberland, RI
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Huge company with name recognition. Opportunities to work from home.

Cons

This is really an abusive company to most everyone and morale is currently low across the board. Nobody has it good. It's a very hard company to work for whether you're a performer or not. Work hours are very long, and you are generally not rewarded for it.

The upside is that working here will make you appreciate your next position that much more. This is coming from someone who is a performer and doing well in the company. I feel bad for others who don't even have it as good, and have to say I'm embarrassed to work here.

Advice to Management

A nice word or some encouragement from time to time would go a long way. The risk now is that a large number of key people who know what they're doing and have good experience are unhappy and are looking to leave at the next opportunity.

It will snowball as the work piles up and the resources leave if you don't start taking care of your people.

5. "Tax Coordinator"

Current Contractor - Tax Coordinator in Cumberland, RI
    Current Contractor - Tax Coordinator in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The buildings are beautiful and the office space is very comfortable. Reasonable sized cubicles and access to supplies. The people are very friendly and open to helping each other out.

Cons

Mostly independent work. You find yourself on your computer for long amounts of time but so does everyone else. On the bright side they do hold meetings every now and then so you can meet all of your co workers and also the cafeteria is great!

Advice to Management

Be more open to newer more innovative ideas. There are ways to streamline current processes and I do not feel like we are performing at our top capacity due to certain technological set backs.

"CVS Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

The work environment heavily dependent on department and management chain.

Cons

Too much management levels to do anything efficiently. Benefit package, including prescriptions, sub-par for a Fortune 10 company.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees.

7. "Sr. Consultant, IT Contracts"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, IT Contracts in Cumberland, RI
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, IT Contracts in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company. Very innovative with great leadership.

Cons

Too big. 250K employees.

8. "Nothing special"

Current Employee - Consultant in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Normal work hours, decent salary, big company. There's a cafeteria. Yearly bonus (although it's a small percentage). Comfortable chair. Free wifi

Cons

No rapid movement, tedious & dull work, team members were not nice (not applicable to all of cvs), gossipy environment

"My experience has been positive except when it comes to salary."

Current Employee - Advisor in Cumberland, RI
    Current Employee - Advisor in Cumberland, RI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many different areas to move to, and learn the entire business. Large enough where they have presence across the United States.

Cons

Depending on your manager will depend on how appreciated you are at an organization. Some individuals who are rewarded for work that they did not complete.

Advice to Management

The salaries need to be more competitive within the team. Individuals that are completing the same job should be making roughly, the same not a huge gap.

10. "consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Cumberland, RI

Pros

stable company so job security for the most part is there. there is a good recognition program in place with rewards, but pretty dependent on your manager.

Cons

advancement is tough as opportunity is more or less based on other people leaving their positions rather than promotion for performance and tenure

Showing 22 of 11,293 reviews