CVS Health Reviews in Florida | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

2. "They're not bad."

Current Employee - Store Front Associate in De Land, FL
    Current Employee - Store Front Associate in De Land, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule around personal needs.

Cons

The health insurance isn't so great. Their full time is 30 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Better health insurance and offer 40 hours for full time. Also, please stop setting the air conditioner according to the weather in Maine. In winter, Florida hits 80 degrees still. Customers complain about the heat being on when it's hot outside. Eckerd's used to provide Christmas bonuses as well.

3. "Helping others"

Former Employee - CVS Cashier in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - CVS Cashier in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you want to work over time

Cons

Trying to work at every shift if needed

4. "You're doing the work of multiple people"

Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Front End Cashier in Tampa, FL

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Employee discount
    -no tobacco products
    -barely above minimum wage pay
    -friendly staff and regular customers
    -shift ends when store closes if not 24 hr store

Cons

-company is very cheap: uses old technology, doesn't want to pay for extra employees during each shift and strict on sales/coupons
    -all store duties are preformed by 1 cashier and 1 manager during each shift
    - must multitask multiple tasks at once

Advice to Management

-have more than 2 people working during each shift because it's stressful and difficult to have so many tasks for very few employees
    -don't punish good workers for false accusations of rude customers

5. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High pay, Good people, great environment

Cons

As a store manager you give up your life to the store

Advice to Management

nothing, all is good

"Store Manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upward mobility is Possible with CVS

Cons

District Managers who are clueless

Advice to Management

District Managers who have never operated a store should be made to run one for at least two weeks and it should be a Challenged Store. Expose them to the daily challenges; no hours, one cashier and Manager, completing paperwork, planograms, truck up in 24 hours, RX issues, employee issues, vendors, etc.. No personal time!!! Vacations, what vacations???
    Regional Managers should remember to stop being condescending to the people who do the HARD WORK, make the money and who constantly face the every day challenges.
    Take away the daily Customer Ratings! Top corporations who deal with customers do not place this kind of pressure on their employees daily, weekly etc. and they surely do not demean nor always take the Customers side. CVS expects their employees to allow the Customer to spit on them if necessary to get a favorable rating.
    Mr. Merlo come out here and do our job. Stop taking such a large bonus and put it back into the stores, give the stores more hours and watch Customer Service Ratings increase on their own.
    Quality of life begins with your Employees. We can't hire quality when people are aware of the environment they are walking into; becoming a SALVE!!!

7. "Business Growth Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome climate, amazing leadership - very inspiring!

Cons

Company can have too much red tape but local team is very focused on overcoming this to get results in a positive way; always putting our colleagues first. Leading with heart is really how our team lives everyday.

Advice to Management

Let teams get the work done without standing in the way!

8. "Store Manager in Training"

Former Employee - SMIT in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - SMIT in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

employees support each other for the most part.

Cons

Not enough employees to run the store which makes for long lines and unhappy customers.

Advice to Management

Spend some money and add a few additional employees!

"CVS Cashier"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have a great manager that is very understanding...

Cons

Lots of theft, takes long to make real money, open 24 hours

"retail pharmacy"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is large and you can transfer through out the country. The are competitive with pharmacist salaries. They have a decent benefit package and they have a great computer system.

Cons

The underpay the technicians so turnover can be constant and disruptive. The micromanage ALL employees in the company. They never give adequate staffing to the stores/pharmacies. They only come to you when there is a problem or complaint. So appreciation is unheard of in this corporation.

Advice to Management

Let people know they are doing a good job. Be more competitive with pharmacy technician salaries. Let go of the employees that have no business in retail based on there attitudes or lack of motivation to learn and become great at what the do.

Showing 450 of 10,841 reviews