CVS Health Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

"retail pharmacy"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is large and you can transfer through out the country. The are competitive with pharmacist salaries. They have a decent benefit package and they have a great computer system.

Cons

The underpay the technicians so turnover can be constant and disruptive. The micromanage ALL employees in the company. They never give adequate staffing to the stores/pharmacies. They only come to you when there is a problem or complaint. So appreciation is unheard of in this corporation.

Advice to Management

Let people know they are doing a good job. Be more competitive with pharmacy technician salaries. Let go of the employees that have no business in retail based on there attitudes or lack of motivation to learn and become great at what the do.

3. "Pharmacy service rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cafe . Work with shifts sometimes good pay and bonus

Cons

Micro managed . Doesn't take doc notes . No one wants to take responsibility

Advice to Management

Kill idol time that's messed with people's production

4. "Lead Pharmacy Technician, Cpht"

Current Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be flexible with schooling. Some full time benefits available like discounts on GM vehicles, 401k, weight/nutrition program available through minute clinic.

Cons

Not enough hours available to cover demand in pharmacy, but expectation is impeccable/laser focused service while trying to run 3 stations alone that require a full person each.

Advice to Management

Do more to keep good people in your stores. You will retain customer base, provide better service, and reduce turnover/training costs for new hires

5. "They are not worried about their patients or their employees"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

competitive pay if u work on the specialty side.

Cons

poor management, disorganized, employees are treated poorly, micro managing to the fullest extent possible, patient care is sub par with half baked systems and poorly trained staff , everyone is hired, hr doesn't filter out poorly qualified candidates. pharmacy work flow is horrible leaving lots of room for errors.

6. "What can I say"

Current Employee - At Your Leisure in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - At Your Leisure in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, pot licks, raises, unlimited overtime, pay, benefits, PTO

Cons

Closing shift, point attendance system

Advice to Management

Work with your employees schedule and outside life situations

7. "Pharmacist Intern"

Current Intern - Pharmacist Intern in Orlando, FL
    Current Intern - Pharmacist Intern in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros include the benefits of working in a retail pharmacy in that you provide patient care.

Cons

Everything is a metric (unlike other retail pharmacies); lack of support from corporate level; unrealistic work load, especially with the few amount of tech hours.

Advice to Management

Provide answers to questions that are asked instead of pharmacists having to rely on each other for answers when everyone is so busy and may or may not actually be able to provide those type of answers since they are related to the every changing corporate expectations.

8. "Pharmacy Technician"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had flexible hours. Enjoyed working with the people at my store.

Cons

Not enough employees working during busy hours. Overall poor management from regional and district managers that did not have interest in helping store employees. They cut hours during busy season. Pay is horrible for the amount of work that has to been done. Yearly raises consisted of $0.25. Training program is also horrible. Most people quit within 1 month or less.

9. "Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees to work well as team

Cons

Stupid customers make it annoying

Advice to Management

renew contract with BCBS

10. "Alright"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours for techs in school
    Good way to get experience if you're working towards a career as a pharmacist

Cons

Upper management makes promises and take AGES to follow through
    Approximately 30 hours is considered full time