CVS Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Cvs"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

CVS has great benefits after a year

Cons

Customers sometimes have attitudes but hey that's retail for you

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

"Pharm Tech"

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Amazing team at my store, the Rx Interface is very very well done and easy to use and access information quickly, love that 30 hours is full time though sometimes that can be a set back too

Cons

The use of an automatic system schedule builder and then having a points system that does not allow managers to go in and change things without a having to go to some meeting at a district office is wrong. Ever since this was implemented there's often only the Rph and one tech alone during very busy times or for long hours and if both are constantly pulled to the phone or dropoff/pickup/drivethru the queue goes red and customers get angry their order isnt ready. Scrubs arent comfortable, and against if you're looking for over 30 hours its often very rare and limited. Part timers dont get any benefits at all and pay is below the national avg and not worth the amount of work required. CVS is really great for its ideas in looking after patients but its doing way too much and expects employees to keep on doing more and more and more with virtually bare minimum pay increases. Front managers are known to play favorites and promote people who are not well suited as leadership to be in management roles. A lady is getting promoted at our store whose only been here a few months but the store manager knows her, and literally every 2 minutes she pages for help at the front for an issue or override.

Advice to Management

Communicate better. Yes customers are important but understand the issues of your employees too. Also our district leaders come in and they talk and they give great lectures and examples and discussions but they refuse to leave or do anything until the pharmacist stops what she's doing and engages only with him. This slows the entire pharmacy procedure down. And once again we go red.

4. "Cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in San Joaquin, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Joaquin, CA

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy helping customers with their needs

Cons

Any job in customer service you have to deal with a variety of people.

5. "staff pharmacist"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

good workflow set in pharmacy

Cons

may overwork employees, expect alot of work and not enough time to finish on time

6. "Good company to work"

Current Employee - Clinical Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Clinical Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is opportunity to advance within the company and good opportunity to learn a new career.

Cons

Very strict with certain rules like attendance and break times.

7. "Store management"

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Feeling that I could make a difference in my community

Cons

The minutiae that tied my hands together at the store level let

Advice to Management

Give the stores the resources needed to run their buildings

8. "Pharmacy tech"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Westland, MI
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Westland, MI

I worked at CVS Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours were good for me.

Cons

No cons, in my opinion.

9. "Great Culture"

Pros

Benefits, work life balance, and culture

Cons

I cant say there are too many cons,

10. "Pharmacy Intern"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in West Babylon, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in West Babylon, NY

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible scheduling, nothing else really

Cons

incompetent and mean bosses, terrible customers

Showing 13,575 of 13,973 reviews