CVS Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4,188 Ratings

11,696 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Pharmacy tech inventory specialist"

Current Employee - Cvs Pharmacy Tech and Inventory Specialist in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace great customers enjoyable staff love the medical portion of it I'm very good at what I do I love that there is a system and a way of doing things in order

Cons

They cut hours frequently. They hire too many employees at once and then can't give all of them hours. They sometimes don't show appreciation.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to your techs. Place them where they are best at not based off where they want to be in the production line. Listen to the advice given.

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

3. "Store Manager in Training"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and techs, reminding you that caring for people is the most important part. Nothing over 50lbs to lift, closest is a pack of 6 gallon waters, 48lbs. Simple focus of customer first, then product stocking. If you can get that down quick, it’s all easy. Stocking, payroll, smile.

Cons

No time to chat with Co-workers, repetitive tasking, and random hours depending on management at the time. There are no other cons that I have.

Advice to Management

Don’t overstock food department

4. "Retail Sales"

I worked at CVS Health part-time

Pros

The environment is great!!! Like a family

Cons

Sometimes you are like invisible to the managers. They don't see you capabilities. Unfortunately, there is not to much option to growth .

5. "Cashier"

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Customer loyalty. Fast pace makes time go quick. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Cut hours frequently. Hire to many employees

6. "Good Company to Work For"

I worked at CVS Health part-time

Pros

It's a good company if you work with the right people. The hours were great because we weren't a 24 hour store.

Cons

It's a retail store so there's a lot of that fatigue that you get from working in that kind of setting.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and they will treat you with the same respect and I enjoyed my managers.

"if you need a job....."

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great insurance benefits. many locations to float to if needed

Cons

corporate rat race politics at every level. make each employee do the work of 2 men and 3 small boys as mandatory performance requirements. over half pharmacist duties have nothing to do with patient care

8. "Learning experience"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Pros were you received a lot of hours. Benefits were available if you needed them.

Cons

Managers lacked in communication. A lot of confusion could have been avoided had everyone communicated properly.

9. "Great Place, Lots of Recognition"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Lots of recognition for performance, scheduling flexibility

Cons

Disciplinary action steps are so high school, pay/benefits are not competitive.

10. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Florence, SC

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rewarding and challenging job. Opportunity to learn something new everyday. Work with a great team who challenges themselves to be better each and every day. Many great programs in place intended to improve the guest experience

Cons

Poor labor model for stores. Large disconnect between well intended programs and actually being able to implement those said programs. Many great ideas but unfortunately the rubber doesn’t meet the road.

Advice to Management

Don’t write off employee feedback as “disgruntled worker”. We just want to succeed and improve the company.

Showing 11,696 of 12,020 reviews