CVS Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4,642 Ratings

12,832 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Pharmacy tech inventory specialist"

Current Employee - Cvs Pharmacy Tech and Inventory Specialist in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace great customers enjoyable staff love the medical portion of it I'm very good at what I do I love that there is a system and a way of doing things in order

Cons

They cut hours frequently. They hire too many employees at once and then can't give all of them hours. They sometimes don't show appreciation.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to your techs. Place them where they are best at not based off where they want to be in the production line. Listen to the advice given.

2. "Cashier"

I worked at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Flexible hours when working, good school job.

Cons

I didn't find any working there.

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

4. "RX manager"

Former Employee - Rx Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Rx Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

30 hours is considered full time and are eligible for benefits.

Cons

If your not salaried 30 hours may not cut it. At time you may be only one in the store.

Advice to Management

Hire reliable people!

5. "GREAT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Everything is great about this company. Shift manager here & i make $14.00 an hour. You can’t really get close to that anywhere else. The benefits are amazing. & the opportunity to advance in the company is amazing! If your looking into joining our team, DO IT! You will not regret it!

Cons

You will be on your feet a lot so expect that. It’s not a slow pace environment unless your location is slow. If you are lazy, do not apply. (But really that goes for anywhere.) Training is a little overwhelming just because there is so much of it but you get all the tools you need. It’s all about customer service, if you have poor customer service skills, again, do not apply or take the position.

Advice to Management

Remember, success comes with stress in every situation you go through. (My motto in life) Don’t give up. Give it your all & you will be great at what you do. I love this company & i think you will too!

6. "Shift Supervisor"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Great Staff, Great Customers, and learn new things

Cons

Work Schedule, Upper Management, Workload, Customer Surveys

7. "Pharmacy Tech"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co workers and pharmacists. Steady work which makes the day go by fast.

Cons

Cut hours constantly, my schedule is terrible. Lack of family times because CVS wants you to work all kind of crazy shifts.

Advice to Management

This is where the company makes it's money so the retail workers should get treated better by upper management. Hourly pay should be higher and go back to letting the pharmacists and managers make their own schedules as they know best.

8. "Solid company to work for."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Goshen, IN
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Goshen, IN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for advancement from store level to field level positions.

Cons

District Leaders can be hit or miss. You’ve got some fantastic ones that are there to coach and mentor and help you achieve your professional goals. Then you have the ones who show rampant favoritism and advancement opportunities go to the individuals who aren’t the strongest candidates but are well liked.

Advice to Management

Take time to make sure that your people are adequately trained.

9. "Work Experience"

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

My staff is very friendly! They really work together as a team.

Cons

I think that the pay could be higher. I have heard that other pharmacies pay higher.

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woonsocket, RI

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, learn a lot about medications

Cons

Very low pay considering amount of work done, very little air circulation at my store, its suffocating

Showing 12,832 of 13,209 reviews