CVS Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4,122 Ratings

11,534 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Pharmacy tech inventory specialist"

Current Employee - Cvs Pharmacy Tech and Inventory Specialist in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace great customers enjoyable staff love the medical portion of it I'm very good at what I do I love that there is a system and a way of doing things in order

Cons

They cut hours frequently. They hire too many employees at once and then can't give all of them hours. They sometimes don't show appreciation.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to your techs. Place them where they are best at not based off where they want to be in the production line. Listen to the advice given.

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

3. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fortune 10 company offering opportunities in leadership and career development.

Cons

Sometimes the red tape gets in the way to progress quickly in an ever changing retail environment.

4. "Know what you want."

Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Clerk/Cashier in New York, NY

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people every day.
    Flexible if you're not going to school.

Cons

If you are a person that is looking to grow in the company, you would have to be the one asking questions, they would not offer you the positions.
    Make sure you get to know your management.
    They are not very flexible for a student who is in school,( college preferably). Especially if you have to pay tuition out of pocket. Your hours will be nasty.
    Would often find yourself complaining about something. Would get many solutions from it.

Advice to Management

Give us options. Give us the whole background story behind the position, not just part. Give more hours to the people looking for more hours.

5. "pharmacy technician"

I worked at CVS Health part-time

Pros

big company with many opportunities to grow

Cons

hiring process of new employees not comprehensive enough

6. "Pharmacist tech"

Pros

Goood paying position compared to others

Cons

Long hours of standing all the time

7. "Good to work for"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Good to work for and good benefits

Cons

I dont think they have any

8. "Only good as a stepping stone"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Southfield, MI

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is GREAT! And the learning experience is pretty good too. I love my co workers and customers sooo much. They also started me at a decent pay, and the raises are Great an frequent.

Cons

The hours suck! Full time is considered 30 hours. This job can not support an adult with children. May of my coworkers only get paid 9.50-10$ which is not fair considering all the work we do. And they under staff all their pharmacies so things never go smoothly

9. "CVS"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-CVS is typically willing to hire technician trainees and provide on the job training.

Cons

-CVS seems to have a high turn over rate so it is hard to receive adequate training from experienced technicians.

10. "Good Company, just understaffed"

I have been working at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Innovative, always trying to make improvements.

Cons

Improvements could be solved by giving more hours instead of making system changes that aim towards making things more "efficient"

Showing 11,534 of 11,853 reviews