CVS Health Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Pharmacy Technician"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Stamford, CT

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Schedule flexibility, ability to work at multiple locations if desired, benefits.

Cons

Not much work recognition, customers can be rude, uniforms.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees more often, offer more opportunities for career growth, pay for education.

2. "I loved working at CVS!"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was good and it was a great learning experience.

Cons

In the pharmacy, breaks were hardly ever possible.

"15 year manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

4. "Balanced benefits and pay"

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

CVS will match you up to 5% in your 401k. Part time benefits available. Full time benefits offer a lot of flexibility, which offsets the somewhat meager pay

Cons

Accountability is always tricky, and there is a lot of heterogeneity when it comes to manager's discretion on discipline. Relatively low pay.

"It's corporate and it's retail so..."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Cvs is a huge company that's been around for a long time so I feel pretty secure. Full time benefits include paid holidays and vacation. If you get lucky enough to have a great team of people (like I am), it can make everything else tolerable. There is room for growth if you are willing to work hard and are under the right leadership (meaning they will help you and not hinder you).

Cons

It's retail so you're expected to meet unrealistic goals and do 4 jobs at the same time accurately. They roll out all these new things and don't properly train you how to use them. Whoever writes the programs does an awful job because none of those new initiatives ever work quite right and actually cause chaos in an already stressed environment. There's also no forum for employee feedback to actually improve the issues. If it gets really busy and your script/customer count drastically increases, you may not (depending on your dm) get support until you're very behind. Then you get blamed for customers being unhappy and not meeting goals.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people in the trenches. How can you know a program or update was worth the money if you don't get feedback on how it works in real stores? When you're making your visits, ask more questions about what needs to change and what doesn't work instead of playing the blame game because you don't see the results you want.

6. "..."

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Good pay, good hours until you're no longer in peak season

Cons

Opportunities but it takes a while to actually get it

If hired part time, you may get full time hours but won't receive full time benefits until after 11 months of working then a 2 month evaluation to determine if you worked the amount of hours required to become full time

7. "Sales associate"

I have been working at CVS Health part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work at

Cons

no cons about this place

8. "stressfull"

Pros

good pay
    good computer system
    big company

Cons

long hours
    stressful
    not enough tech hours

9. "Pharmacy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CVS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good shift hours and lots of overtime

Cons

Pay is not enough

10. "Great environment"

I have been working at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Okay pay good hours location

Cons

Takes to long to advance