CVS Health "pharmacist" Reviews | Glassdoor

CVS Health Employee Reviews about "pharmacist"

Updated Dec 3, 2019

2.8
CVS Health CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
5,950 Ratings
Pros
  • "CVS has offered me flexible hours that allowed me to work part time while also being a full time student(in 551 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule and nice coworkers(in 531 reviews)

Cons
  • "No opportunities to move up into the company unless you are a pharmacist or store manager(in 687 reviews)

• "Staff is undervalued by upper management(in 573 reviews)

Reviews about "pharmacist"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fast paced and highly structured"

Current Employee - Pharmacist/Pharmacy Manager in Menifee, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Innovative company that has processes in place that actually assist pharmacists to improve patient health outcomes. Compensation has always been above average.

Cons

Sometimes issues take too long correct due to the size of the company. On many occasions, I have seen colleagues tasked to manage before they are properly trained and then subsequently have their employment terminated.

Advice to Management

The company could benefit by acting more strategically to avoid constantly being "Penny wise and dollar foolish"

CVS Health2017-10-05
  2. "Great place to start Pharmacy Career"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Intern

I worked at CVS Health part-time

Pros

Depends on store. Stability and majority of pharmacy jobs Very invested into your career

Cons

Metric Heavy Treats pharmacist and store as business

CVS Health2019-12-03
  3. "Good experience for those wanting to enter the health field"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Berkeley, CA

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Promote medication adherence and help patients live a better life

Cons

Some pharmacists need more compassion when it comes to helping low-income patients

CVS Health2019-11-30

"Unfair Pay"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Somerville, MA

I worked at CVS Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get good experience as a student.

Cons

They underpay you for the actual work you do. You basically give the pharmacists a break, eat food and chance to answer calls (they get paid $60+/hour)

Advice to Management

Stop doing the unnecessary training courses that take forever to complete, you truly learn nothing from them.

CVS Health2019-11-19

"Only getting worse"

Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Money is good. Benefits not bad. Experience is not bad if you float.

Cons

Working for former store managers as district leaders who know nothing about running a pharmacy. District Leaders will tell you one thing then change their minds the next month. Tech turnover is high and it takes months to hire and train new ones. Customer satisfaction is low and district leaders will waste your time to make sure you appease all complaints. Expectation is for pharmacists to come in early or stay... late to get things done but you'll never get extra pay or even a thank you.

CVS Health2019-12-03

"Hit or miss"

Current Employee - Pharmacist

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits (401k, health insurance, PTO, ) Fast paced work environment

Cons

Asked to come in and work for free if too many things left in que Constant cutting of tech hours Always adding more responsibilities without increasing tech hours so usually falls on the pharmacist

CVS Health2019-11-06
  7. "Pharmacy Tech"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, training requirement, staff is friendly

Cons

Not enough scheduled staff in the pharmacy, the pharmacist does not know how to schedule according to availabilty, pharmacy staff does not rotate positions same tech does the same thing all day every day.

Advice to Management

The pharmacy needs more available hpurs, and.more techs, someone other than the pharmacist should make the schedule so that it is made according to tech availability. Techs should be paid more money due to all the attitudes and disrespect we deal with on a daily basis. The customer is NOT always right

CVS Health2019-11-09

"Pharmacy Tech"

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I can pay my bill and my pic will work with me to take off when needed

Cons

Treat employees like the are machines,can’t ever eat because you don’t want to leave the pharmacist by themselves

Advice to Management

You want great customer service ,but you have cut hours so much that we barely can take time with our customers .You can’t leave one tech and a pharmacist to run it all and both of them on register all day and production is left with no one .If you cared about your workers and customers,you would put enough staff to take care of them

CVS Health2019-10-26

"Overwhelming"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I worked at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were nice and ready to assist at a moments notice. Clean work environment. Pay was competitive in terms of Retail Pharmacy.

Cons

Understaffed every shift; usually 1 Pharmacist and 2 Technicians (sometimes 1). Patients I found more often than not, were demanding, inpatient, rude, and ignorant. The training you get via Online OTJ training (LearnNET) is useless. They throw 20 hours worth of modules at you within a couple days and when you actually start work, you will find everything you learned is applied differently or isn't applied at all. 2... Step verification is time consuming, which often leads to angry patients. The process of filling a prescription with CVS is as followed; Drop Off -> QV1 -> QP -> QV2 -> Pick up. They have a 10-15 minute promised wait time for people who drop off a prescription and decide to wait for it, however on almost every shift I worked it would range from 30 minutes up to 2 hours! Get used to seeing +99 on the upcoming prescription Que. You are always playing a game of catch up and it is very stressful on you and your team. You also have delays in production when your Pharmacist has to give vaccinations to patients, while even more medications awaiting verification stack up.

Advice to Management

This isn't to the store management level, however to the Corporate level. You MUST allocate more hours for technicians each day so things can get done more efficiently and thus reducing turnover of employees due to stress.

CVS Health2019-11-06
  10. "Metrics are EVERYTHING"

Former Intern - Pharmacy Intern in Knoxville, TN

I worked at CVS Health for more than 3 years

Pros

CVS does all strive to have the most up-to-date technology and is always working to improve and add new services to improve patients' health

Cons

While constantly adding new services and working to improve workflow and patient health, the company provides the same to less staffing and expects more and more from their pharmacists - approaching the line that they are overworking/expecting unobtainable results from their pharmacists to the point of potentially causing danger to the patients. Even after leaving the company have been informed by past coworkers who... are still current employees that the pressure/environment is becoming worse.

CVS Health2019-11-07