CVS Health "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

CVS Health Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated 2 Dec 2019

2.8
CVS Health CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
5,950 Ratings
Pros
  • "CVS has offered me flexible hours that allowed me to work part time while also being a full time student(in 551 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule and nice coworkers(in 531 reviews)

Cons
  • "No opportunities to move up into the company unless you are a pharmacist or store manager(in 687 reviews)

• "Staff is undervalued by upper management(in 573 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Easy job"

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job, discounts on cvs items 30% and any other item 20%, cool store manager

Cons

Upper management (district manger, training manager ms are biased

CVS Health2019-05-30

"Intentional Understaffing is a Negative"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff sizes at each store are also generally small, so you become real friends with coworkers. You can just about always count on someone to cover your shifts, if you are willing to do the same for them. Basically, be a good team member, and you will be met with flexibility & understanding. I mention this because it is very doable to take multiple vacations/personal time, even as a supervisor/manager, as long... as you are efficient as scheduling everyone's hours. Plan ahead! This will lead to a healthy work-life balance. You also get to know regular customers pretty well, so it's best if you are open to engaging with every one that walks in. This reduces negative experiences between yourself & customers (because there is mutual reorganization / amicability).

Cons

I think there are limited (no) opportunities to move from the store level, to corporate (in any capacity). It appeared to be quite elusive to make a transition, unless you had dedicated over a decade of your life to the company. Additional comment: Upper management intentionally under-budgets the hours needed to run the store, which leads to an almost impossible workload if you have lazy supporting staff.... Overtime is essentially required to perform basic store tasks for supervisors/managers (the ones who generally feel a stronger obligation to meet expectations), which in turn leads to overtime. Overtime is frowned upon. It's also very difficult to fire staff members who don't pull their weight due to the unions regulations. Some staff members really know how to use Unions to their advantage. Good for the staffer, not good for the company as a whole. I think management should document more obvious infractions to ensure we staff quality members. Example of the bade: Like those who brag about calling in sick for a concert, or sleep in the break room to avoid working during their shift. I work in a total of 4 stores, and was very surprised on how certain behaviors were tolerated/normalized by management.

Advice to Management

As stated above, management should document more employee infractions to ensure we staff quality members.

CVS Health2019-12-03
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Actually love my job"

Current Employee - Lead Pharmacy Technician CphT

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are great, especially maternity. Full timers are automatically enrolled in short term disability. I had to be out of work unexpectedly for 4 months and had 60% of my pay paid to me weekly for the entire time I was out. After the short term disability ended I was able to receive 100% of my pay for 4 weeks for baby bonding time.

Cons

Retail pharmacy can be tough as you have to constantly multitask. This goes for any retail job, not just this company. Corporate doesn’t seem to care about their employees as much as they do about the money in their pockets. District leaders are consistently harassed by upper management about “numbers” to the point of quitting.

CVS Health2019-12-02
  5. "The opportunity to grow is great but not great upper management"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Campbell, CA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun, friendly co workers,extra hours, opportunity, experience

Cons

Scheduling, upper management, staffing, knowledge

Advice to Management

Help your employees grow that are putting in the work and want to move up in the company

CVS Health2019-11-26

"cvs"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

job stability if skilled in retail-style pharmacy don't have to bring work home too often

Cons

not enough technician hours to get the work done daily upper management demands to meet metric targets high technician turn-over rate

Advice to Management

Addition of technological advancements to improve efficiency is NOT a reason to cut technician hours. CVS will slowly but surely realize that a retail setting is not sustainable with all the technician and pharmacist hours cut. The sheer amount of work required to be done will eventually drive all top employees out. Finding people who are hard and fast workers , willing to work this style of retail, is very... difficult.

CVS Health2019-11-27
  7. "High Paying"

Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Challenging, Pay, Discounts, Investment opportunities

Cons

Upper Management, No opportunities, payroll

CVS Health2019-11-13

"Poorly structured company"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, my co-workers. nothing else

Cons

Employees are treated poorly but the company(upper management not in the stores) Do not bother voicing your concerns, they do not care. Overworked and under paid, hours keep getting up for staff=angry customers. We cannot provide customer service if there is not enough staff to cover each station, Its sad. We offer to stay past our shifts because we feel bad for our coworkers, but the RM does not care the condition... of the store.

Advice to Management

Spend a full day in the pharmacy helping and and seeing the full picture of what we do, cut costs at at higher level, so the quality and the reputations of your stores are not ruined.

CVS Health2019-11-20

"Just like working for any other corporation"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Decent salary -Positive work environment (depending on the store) -Pays for pharmacy tech training and exam

Cons

-Employees are stretched thin from corporate cutting hours -Upper management is disconnected from pharmacy-level issues -Decidedly less environmentally responsible than before

CVS Health2019-11-03

"Current Employee Review"

Current Employee - Floater Pharmacist in Springfield, MA

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good vision & dental benefits. Some co-workers are great.

Cons

Stressful, shifts are long, upper management is not in tune to employee needs

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, give more tech hours.

CVS Health2019-11-09

"Not great"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It can be a not so awful work environment with the right people

Cons

Poor upper management skills, company actively works against employees using policies and intimidation, awful pay, no room for promotion, and they cut your hours in half every year.

Advice to Management

My advice to the upper most management would be to screen and train your district managers better. My district manager was downright abusive and cruel. He also had no idea how to run a business or how to treat employees.

CVS Health2019-11-28