CWS Apartment Homes Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2021

3.8
CWS Apartment Homes President Gary Carmell
Gary Carmell
Pros
  • "Excellent core values, support system and structure(in 11 reviews)

• "They have a paid training program which is great for those new to the industry(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be very very slow leasing depending on the property you work at(in 12 reviews)

• "Could use more clear direction from upper management(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great People, Culture & Values

Apr 17, 2021 - Revenue Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k Benefits Great training Support from every level Great mission statement and values Encouraged to volunteer in the communities CWS likes to promote from within the company Great leaders with innovative ideas Focused on better management of the communities by listening to the people on site and the feedback provided in surveys Lots of vacation time for tenured employees Every employee at every level is empowered to make decisions

Cons

A little more frequent communication from top leaders on plans, processes, move forward plans etc would be appreciated.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

The company was okay but the management was horrible.

Apr 17, 2021 - Assistant Community Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was average lower than other companies bit bonus structure is what makes up for it.

Cons

.The management was just there to micromanage & not lead. There is no growth and the only way you can move up is of someone leaves to go elsewhere. It's all about who you know. Theres no culture, only the property manager s would say they love the culture. The people there don't like change. If you want or just need a JOB then this is the place for you. This is how you learn what not to do in your next role.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

You're going to want to retire from here

Mar 24, 2021 - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Option to work from home, Open door policy, Growth Potential, Competitive Salary, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Program, PTO, Sick Pay, 401k with matching, Bonuses, etc.

Cons

There aren't any that I can think of

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

CWS overall great place to work

Mar 25, 2021 - Community Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

BRIDGE program that focuses on serving the local community and giving back.

Cons

No growth opportunities and turnover of long term employees

Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this review of our company! We work hard to maintain an exceptional work culture, so we are happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and our participating in our BRIDGE program! Although a position you want to advance into may not be available right now, that could change anytime! I would advise you to regularly keep an eye on the open positions our HR team posts to the CWS careers website. Thank you!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Mar 21, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They are very committed to their residents, and they truly stand by their values for their residents.

Cons

I don’t think theirs one.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are thrilled to hear you love working with us at CWS! Our company culture and values are very important to us, and we are happy to hear you appreciate our dedication to our residents!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good, Safe place to work

Jan 13, 2021 - Leasing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good safety during covid. Staggered schedules and no change in pay. Provides training for each role. $1000 referral program. Healthcare plan costs have NOT gone up which is amazing! I like their Bridge program which allows employees to donate their time and receive monies to give back to charities of their choice. They also give $100 fitness bucks each year, a cell phone stipend during covid, and have an internal YouEarned It program to recognize team members.

Cons

CWS has a dress code that requires us to pay a portion each month. I have sooo much money stored up and the clothes are not that great. Even once you accumulate enough clothing to wear in the office, you still have to keep contributing. We feel this is a big waste of money. Rewards for contests are improving. Instead of swag bags with typical company prizes like tshirts and notebooks, we have the chance to win cool tech prizes or paid days off. Some people or offices seem to receive raises and other people only get 40 cents after two years. Working with difficult residents is challenging and I have seen numerous times when my CD makes sounds decisions regarding those difficult residents, but upper management or Risk will override the decision and let the offender get what they want. I know it’s because of not wanting a bad review or causing a scene, but it is difficult to see people get away with so much and not have the upper management’s support. They are not in the trenches like the office team.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this review and providing our company with feedback! We are happy to hear you enjoy being a member of our team and like many of our employee benefits! We try our best to offer competitive pay and incentives to our employees and our leadership team evaluates them regularly. We appreciate all the advice you provided, and we will share your feedback with leadership. Please know that we value honest feedback as it helps us understand what we’re doing well as a company and were we can improve. Thank you!

7. 5.0

Best Ethical Company!

Nov 26, 2020 - Assistant Director in San Antonio, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership and training, HR acts as a communication resource when needed, training team, IT department, HR, and Risk are easily reached, respond quickly, and genuinely want to see positive outcomes from interactions. This company truly does care about their residents and prize interactions with community. Helps pay for college tuition, will assign mentors if/when asked or needed, tons of upward promotion possible.

Cons

Onsite teams can feel disconnected to their leadership without very strong Community Directors in place. However, it is also the responsibility of each team member to communicate their needs to their onsite leadership, Region, etc.

Social Media Manager

Hello and thank you for working with us at CWS for 3+ years! We are pleased to hear this positive feedback, and appreciate your comments about areas where we could improve. Your advice will be shared with leadership and used to improve our company and the way we operate. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience as an employee, do not hesitate to reach out!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

good

Mar 16, 2021 - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

its a job, it will do

Cons

working the weekends are not so great.

Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this review of your experience at CWS! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working at CWS overall, and we appreciate your feedback regarding office hours on Saturdays. If there is anything we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good

Feb 24, 2021 - Call Center Representative in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and nice atmosphere

Cons

None that I can think of

Social Media Manager

Thank you for sharing this review of our company! We work hard to maintain an exceptional work culture, so we are happy to hear you enjoyed the people and atmosphere here at CWS! If there is anything our company can do for you, please reach out to us.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corporates does not care for their employees only the residents

Mar 9, 2021 - Community Director in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are not the priority

Cons

Residents are always right and they always get what they want - Making the management on site have no power

Social Media Manager

Hello and thank you for sharing this feedback with our company. We are disappointed to hear that you do not feel our on-site management teams are supported. We know that the past year has been difficult with COVID-19 and now Winter Storm Uri, and we sincerely appreciate everything our team has done. Thank you! We value your honest feedback as it helps us understand what our company does well and where we can improve, and I will share your suggestions with leadership so we can improve upon this. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 169 Reviews