CWS Apartment Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
CWS Apartment Homes President Gary Carmell
Gary Carmell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • d say being closed on Sunday is a nice perk for office team members and they do give you a clothing allowance but it (in 5 reviews)

• They fly you to Texas which where the corporate office is and makes you feel truly apart of a great company (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes work life balance is hard (in 3 reviews)

• The Regional Directors nor the upper management don't praise their employees for their hard work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Finding the Anomaly in the industry!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

This is a fantastic organization that cares about you which I feel is leaning toward the anomaly in the property management industry. They expect work but they appreciate it and reward it. There is a very strong sense of community and work family here. Great leadership to look up to.

Cons

Do not have actual "cons" to share, the only item that seems to be shared is that the company has some growing pains and the policies have trouble keeping up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and continue listening to your employees and you will continue going in the right direction.

Nov 30, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for such a positive review of CWS! We love that you view our team as family, and you approve of leadership. As we have grown over the last few years all departments have made extra efforts... More

2. "A Company that Treats You as Family"

Former Employee - Community Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Community Director in Houston, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Great training program
    - Supportive team
    - Treat you like family
    - Room for development and growth
    - Your strengths are recognized and praised
    - A company that genuinely cares
    - Great benefits
    - Pay is competitive
    - Recent bonus structure was adjusted

Cons

- Workload requires a lot of hours

Advice to Management

- I believe it would be beneficial to hire more people to decrease the burden on your employees.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for such a great review and thank you for more than five years of service! It is truly appreciated.

We are happy to see that our culture and values were something you experienced on a... More

3. "Average Company"

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Tyler, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary and commission are basically the only pros to be found within this company. If you enjoy making a difference for those less fortunate then join this company.

Cons

LIMITED TRAINING AND MULTIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES. The "training" given to leasing specialists focuses more on increasing sales and providing good customer service. However it provides little to nothing on the basic things such as what to do on transfers and how to utilize Onesite, the system set for uploading and viewing residents' information. Despite being the basics, they're still enough to cost you your job if you don't understand them.

Advice to Management

If you wish for ALL of your employees to be successful within your company, PLEASE PROVIDE TRAINING ON ALL TASKS SET TO BE FACED BY "LEASING SPECIALISTS" due to assistant managers and managers themselves CANNOT BE RELIED ON for hardly any help. Plus, certain colleagues will be too preoccupied about their own reputation than being a team player.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback, we are disappointed to see your experience with CWS was not positive. We are however, pleased to see you were satisfied with your compensation and saw value in our... More

4. "No structure and zero loyalty to employees"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Had a few good team players I learned a lot from and some training. Was sent to Austin for leasing training which was actually fun.

Cons

Had no permanent management for months at a time and the corporate office did not really care. You get secret shoppers every five minutes.

Advice to Management

This company like most companies had favoritism and would fire people just for breathing hard. There needs to be a change in upper management and bring respect to its employees not treat them like disposable items.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience while a team member at CWS. We are pleased to see you enjoyed the training provided to you!

We believe in a "Respect for People" at... More

"I regret coming back."

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reimbursements and charity programs are nice.

Cons

Regional management continues to employ less than desirable people for management positions. Or at least at the property I am at.

Advice to Management

Instead of bashing and admonishing your maintenance team perhaps we could come to a solution that not only solves the issue at hand but also brings everyone closer as a team.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

We are happy to see that you have chosen to come back to CWS! We love when associates return to our team. We are disheartened to see that you are having second thoughts about this decision... More

"Maintance director"

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very few promise alot deliver very little.

Cons

Alot not what ya know it's who likes you tell them the truth and you are on the black list.

Advice to Management

Wake up and listen I quit for the same reasons these folks are talking about you wonder why you have a high turnover rate because you don't listen I am so sorry for you pull your head out of the sand there is way more to in being successful management Co. Than lie n to people say what you mean and mean what you say customer service Ha what about employee service den of snakes.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

We appreciate your candid feedback on your experience while a team member. We are disappointed to see you have left our organization with this perception. One of our core values is a "Respect for... More

"A Company with no loyalty or empathy"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They don't want to work you to death only close to it. CWS is a learning experience and you will learn a lesson in politics.

Cons

No growth opportunity, bare minimum salary, major clicks within company, no loyalty to good employees.

Advice to Management

Make your employees your primary investment!

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your candid feedback, we are disheartened to see you did not have a positive experience while a team member. At the core of our culture is a "Respect for People" we work hard every day... More

8. "CWS"

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The support is there when you need it.
    Extremely good people that work at the corporate office.
    More often than not they hire the correct people for the role.
    You feel like you are heard and that you are part of a family

Cons

Base pay "was" under average but slowly coming up.
    Better incentives for living on property. I know that there is a standard of 20% in the majority of companies but CWS is not standard. This will help so many employees.

Nov 30, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

We need to thank you twice! First, for more than five years of service, and then for the great review! We are happy that you are part of the CWS family and that you feel supported.

Thank you for... More

9. "ACD Compensation"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the company and the basic fundamentals.

Cons

The base salary is way less than what the average rate for an ACD is currently in same geographic location....& without 10 years experience.

Advice to Management

When HR is reviewing employment offers, to override or offer reasoning the the CD's rate suggestion (which is based off budget and savings). It is a rather degrading feeling to know that I'm being paying over $10,000.00 annually less than the average ACD or APM in the Houston area. This is all seemingly because of penny pinching and expense control. However, I'm good at what I do and I don't want to financially struggle for my entire adult career with the company.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for the feedback on CWS, we value the advice given and encourage you to open a dialogue with your Regional Director. Although we have a requirement for profitability and sustainability... More

10. "ok"

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

Core Values, co workers, properties, team work, discount

Cons

Compensation, benefits, upper management, growth, advancement

Advice to Management

Increase advancement and compensation.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for taking time to fill out a review. We are glad to see our core values and team is listed under the pros, we couldn't agree with you more!

We believe in partnering with our team... More