CWS Apartment Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
CWS Apartment Homes President Gary Carmell
Gary Carmell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • d say being closed on Sunday is a nice perk for office team members and they do give you a clothing allowance but it (in 7 reviews)

• They fly you to Texas which where the corporate office is and makes you feel truly apart of a great company (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The Regional Directors nor the upper management don't praise their employees for their hard work (in 5 reviews)

• There is little to no communication about expectations as far as reporting and new roll out of processes and procedures (in 3 reviews)

1. "Leasing Specialist"

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

-Great people to work with
    -Has a lot of growth opportunity

Cons

Currently haven't experienced any cons

Advice to Management

N/A

May 21, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking a moment to review our organization! We love getting these types of reviews. We hope you have a long and fulfilling career with us at CWS Apartment Homes and are here to support... More

2. "Great people - great company"

Former Employee - Special Projects Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Special Projects Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company holistically. They live by their core values. Awarded Best place to work in many cities and by Forbes.

Cons

I found no downside to working with intelligent, thoughtful people and all of them are just that.
      I found no downside.

I found no downside!

May 21, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our organization. Our core values are what make us unique and a great company to work with. We couldn’t be happier that this was conveyed to you... More

3. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Community Director
    Current Employee - Community Director

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great training program in place for on site employees. The training team is the best! The leadership team, including President, VP, and Regional Vice Presidents are all very supportive. They are willing to hear feedback from all employees. The values run through the company from the top. They are always looking on how to improve the customer and employee experience.

Cons

Although the bonus structure has recently been updated, it is still below par as the industry standard in many regions of the CWS portfolio. Recently, it seems new processes being put in place are reactive versus proactive. There is little to no communication about expectations as far as reporting and new roll out of processes and procedures.

Advice to Management

Be thorough in new processes and training on them so the expectations are clear. Increase standard pay/bonus structure.

May 21, 2018 – People Services

First, thank you for your three plus years of service with us! We are pleased to see that the training and support you receive as a team member have been a great benefit for you. We uphold our core... More

"So glad I'm gone"

Former Employee - Community Director
    Former Employee - Community Director

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Julie in the training department might be the only person on the corporate level who is fair, and actually cares about team members. Shes amazing. The real deal.

Cons

The only way you will fit it with Corp. is if you drink with them. You will be looked down upon if you dont partake in all the drinking this company does

Advice to Management

Pay better attention to employees that are cancer.

May 21, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your experience while you were a team member at CWS. We are pleased that you enjoyed working with and getting to know our training department.

We... More

"Less than a year and ready to bail. Left a good company for this place and it's been a nightmare."

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Closed sundays and holidays. Benefits are decent. Beats off and paid.

Cons

Where do I begin? Unappreciated. Dishonest. If you dont know the right people or aren't in with the cool kids your not accepted. Thrives on drama and gossip. Their values are a joke. I've barely been here a year and I began putting out my resume this week. Enough is enough.

Advice to Management

Change your values to represent what the company is really about. Dishonesty. Lack of integrity. Disorganized. Unloyal. Unappreciative.

May 21, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for your feedback, we are disappointed to see your experience with CWS has not been positive. We are however, pleased to know you are happy with the benefits we offer and our holiday... More

"Undervalues employees"

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time

Pros

Training programs, corporate fun days, IT/Help Desk, clothing allowance

Cons

Short staffed, HR doesn't back any of the employees unless they are CDs, lower pay and bonuses/commissions than other companies

May 21, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review of our organization. We are glad to see that many of our departments have met your needs as a team member. We value our team members and kicking... More

"The Good, The Bad and the Very Ugly"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have leaders in the company that truly seem to care on a regional level and really seem to care about us at the onsite level.

Cons

Those leaders have ABSOLUTELY no control to make any difference. I have been a Community Manager for almost 6 years and never have I worked for a company that had absolutely no idea what they are doing. We would have meetings for no reasons that would lead nowhere.

Advice to Management

Keep the good talent from running for the doors. They are all running the second they can. I left at the end of last year and have realized now how unorganized and terrible the region was.

May 21, 2018 – People Services

We appreciate the time taken out of your day to complete a review of CWS Apartment Homes. We are happy that one of our core values, “A Respect for People”, was felt in your region and on site through... More

"Assistant Community Director"

Former Employee - Assistant Community Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Community Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sundays off are a nice perk uniform card is helpful even though a percentage comes out of your check, nice locations for the properties.

Cons

Gossip is rampant, it’s not what you know but who you know to be “successful” the values are used only when convenient. A Respect for People is a joke, the reality is people are disposable.

Advice to Management

Be Objective, look at proven track records as a measurement of success, not what you’ve had reported to you third hand. Be more selective with leadership, if you want the best then only allow the best to lead, you’ve got a ways to go here.

May 21, 2018 – People Services

We appreciate your candid review of CWS. We agree that our communities are some of the best in the markets that we operate in.

We are disappointed that you did not feel our core values translated... More

"You Can Do Better"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Community Involvement and good training and education system.

Cons

Leadership, instability, lack of infrastructure and very singular goals. Ultimately the largest con with CWS is the rampant nepotism and favoritism amongst the organization.

Advice to Management

Listen to us on the entry level. My advice is directly to leadership to pay attention to what is going on. My community has had consistent turnover because no one will stay here after they realize there is no where to go here. There is constant change in all positions and absolutely no stability unless you are related to or know someone. I am looking to change companies so I can grow in this industry and feel like I have opportunities.

May 21, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your experience so far. We are happy to see that the B.R.I.D.G.E. program is something that you enjoy as part of our culture. We agree that our... More

"Average Company"

Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Tyler, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Specialist in Tyler, TX

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary and commission are basically the only pros to be found within this company. If you enjoy making a difference for those less fortunate then join this company.

Cons

LIMITED TRAINING AND MULTIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES. The "training" given to leasing specialists focuses more on increasing sales and providing good customer service. However it provides little to nothing on the basic things such as what to do on transfers and how to utilize Onesite, the system set for uploading and viewing residents' information. Despite being the basics, they're still enough to cost you your job if you don't understand them.

Advice to Management

If you wish for ALL of your employees to be successful within your company, PLEASE PROVIDE TRAINING ON ALL TASKS SET TO BE FACED BY "LEASING SPECIALISTS" due to assistant managers and managers themselves CANNOT BE RELIED ON for hardly any help. Plus, certain colleagues will be too preoccupied about their own reputation than being a team player.

Feb 7, 2018 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback, we are disappointed to see your experience with CWS was not positive. We are however, pleased to see you were satisfied with your compensation and saw value in our... More