CWS Apartment Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
CWS Apartment Homes President Gary Carmell
Gary Carmell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "CWS is a company that supports and encourages its employees by stressing its core values" (in 7 reviews)

• "Company culture, training opportunities, access to different resources" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "The Regional Directors nor the upper management don't praise their employees for their hard work" (in 5 reviews)

• "Overworked for little to no pay (slavery)" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Feels like a family working for CWS. Good pay and bonuses.

Cons

I am happy with all aspects of CWS.

Jun 14, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our organization! We love getting these types of reviews. Our family-like culture is something we strive to maintain even as CWS grows, and we... More

2. "Best in class!"

Current Employee - Regional Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for CWS over 10 years and would not want to be apart of any other organization. CWS provides an environment that feels like family. We offer many corporate departments that support our onsite teams. We having an amazing training department that is truly remarkable with the delivery of relevant material. Pay is competitive within all markets. The company culture and core values are best in class. I not only work by these values but I live by them as well.

Cons

CWS listens to their employees and is always striving to deliver excellence to them

3. "Phenomenal experience so far"

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive upper management. Great pay and insurance.

Cons

Not loving the Thursday time extension to 7 pm, but I see the value in it. Not every property is A+ class, but a diverse portfolio is ideal from an investment perspective.

Advice to Management

Develop a program where employees can show their other interests and desire to grow. The biggest hindrance in applying for internal jobs that require other types of experience/skills is the fact that most employees may only have a resume that includes past positions.

With an endeavor to grow outside the current position, an employee that has the ability to showcase their skills in a way that gets noticed by the hiring individuals within the company would be a win-win for the employee and the company. Doing this would ideally result in having a queue of employees that were being groomed for a potential next step for them and when a position came available, the turn around would ideally be decreased. This would be most applicable to those aspiring to corporate positions.

Sep 27, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking a moment to fill out a review of our company. We are happy to see that you enjoy our benefits and that you see evidence of our core values in action every day.

CWS has grown... More

"It is OK"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and good commissions

Cons

you better be a robot and be prepared to the same thing everyday with no changes.
    If your are not one of their favorite you will be leasing apartments your entire life.

Sep 27, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for filling out a review of CWS Apartment Homes. We are happy to see that you are enjoying the pay and commissions we offer.

Your comments about your work environment are very... More

"Go somewhere else"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is nothing that even begins to tip the scales towards positive.

Cons

I worked at a property that was undermanned by 3 people and management did nothing to facilitate help for our crew. We were constantly told our work was to slow and not to par. We asked day after day as to the status of any new hire or temp worker to help alleviate the piling work load that never diminished. You will not be treated like a human being you will be used and abused until you are no longer useful or you won't kiss managements feet.

Advice to Management

I said everything I had the first time. I am disappointed that so many people had to leave, especially when some had been with the company for almost a decade. L

Sep 27, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on our company.

We understand a key component to our success onsite is the team that supports our communities, our customers, and one another... More

6. "One of the Best Management Cos in the Industry"

Current Employee - Community Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Community Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A well balanced company that allows for operating in the "gray". All decisions made align with their core values. The senior leadership team do an amazing job of supporting onsite teams. Great training department.

Cons

Great Insurance benefits but is costly. The company culture can sometimes become muddled due to investor demands.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 13, 2018 – People Services

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to see our training program is a value to you. We are also happy that you are able to see our core values being utilized. Our values are what we base... More

7. "Best job decision I’ve made so far!"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Community Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training is excellent
    Management really cares
    Managers are great at preparing you for advancement
    Closest team I’ve ever had. They genuinely care about you.
    The pay is great!

I love being an assistant community director with CWS! I love the amount of responsibility that comes with the roll and the open communication I have with my Regional Director and corporate. I have been referring so many of my past colleagues here. My manager is amazing and genuinely wants to see you grow.

Cons

Still new so I have not been here long enough to experience many cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Jun 28, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking a moment to review our organization! We love getting these types of reviews. It makes us happy that your experience with so many of our departments has been positive. We hope you... More

8. "Excellent Place to Call Home"

Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Terrific company culture
    Sharp on-site team members
    Caring leadership
    Well-maintained communities
    BRIDGE program i.e. philanthropy/volunteerism

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Your Regional Managers, Asset Managers, and Regional-Vice Presidents are incredibly in-touch with the many underpinnings in the field. Well done. Also, our on-site team members are sharp, quick to help, and an exceptional representation of our core values.

Jun 28, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your experience so far. We are happy that you are having such a great experience. Our caring culture is something we strive to convey through... More

9. "I love this job, the people and CWS!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at CWS Apartment Homes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The CWS Values, the BRIDGE program and the transparency. Your opinion and your ideas matter. I appreciate the honesty and more importantly, I appreciate that when we see an opportunity to make the lives of our team members better, we own it and work hard to get better. An example is learning last year that our commission program paid lower than market, so the decision was made to increase it.

Cons

Although the benefit program was improved this year, we should continue to look for programs where more associates can participate.

Jun 28, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of our organization. Our core values are what makes us stand apart and a great company to work for. We are so glad that you enjoy participating in... More

10. "Coordinator"

Pros

Great staff easy to work with

Cons

Management could be a little better

Jul 18, 2018 – People Services

Thank you for filling out a review of CWS Apartments Homes. We are so happy that you get along so well with your team members. It really does make the difference!

At CWS we encourage open... More