Cablevision Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Dexter Goei
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Schedule changes hinder work life balance if consistently done throughout the year (in 23 reviews)

• Their are rules up the wazoo, when making a simple saleand there is no room for growth (in 18 reviews)

"Things just seem to be going downhill"

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits, good perks, uniforms, good work relationships established. Good team work amongst colleagues.

Cons

We've been altice not even a year since they bought it from Cablevision..and they have already taken away holidays, sick time, some benefits, and holiday bonuses.. and our benefit contributions are going up ...whats next...? They are forcing talented senior people to take voluntary separation packages and give the hint that if they dont they probably wont have a job in the coming years. Directors and managers have left for other companies in droves after the take over..like they knew what was coming down the road.
    Whats next...pay cuts? Like things arent expensive enough in the north east...they are treating us like pawns on the chess board..they have an addition by subtraction mentality...slash and cut...meanwhile the upper 1% will be raking in millions in salaries, bonuses, and stock options

Advice to Management

Stop nickel and diming your employees...or it will back fire on you. Moral is at an all time low...your network will run at its best depending on whos working on it..and how you treat them.

2. "Tech support"

Pros

Salary vacation time coworkers benefits. Close to major highways, recently room provides downtime. 401k match free pizza and other food

Cons

Poor management, stacked ranking, culture,morale,no development, politics and favoritism. Few opportunities, unobtainable metrics,micro management, poor proactive outlook

3. "During the years it has become more stressful and overwhelming..."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, decent salaries, different locations to work from, pretty good peers and some good direct reports...Even more so now since Optimum is owned by Altice...

Cons

They ask for too things at the same time... Everything is on fire, they don't have realistic goals and expectations... Not consistent across all the call centers with policies and procedures...Everyone is out for themselves to make sure performance is met...the need to hire better employees that will stick to the position... They do not treat Supervisors fairly and treat seasoned employees like new reps...

You give it a 1,000% bend yourself backwards and they don't even recognize that because it is part of your job, however they job description is TOTALLY different on what your expectations are....

"Customer Service Rep. II"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Phone, internet & cable + Benefit are really good, 401k plan.

Cons

Cablevision is the employer from HELL! They micro=manage their employees to death and that's not the worst part/ CV system sucks! During a typical shift you'll run into countless issue with their computers and work applications. The queue is usually very high so expect to take tons of calls for hours on end without a break. Most customers call in begging for promotion even when their receiving on and are very rude. Plus there are no assigned seats so it gives you a feeling of unwelcomeness. Also, they hire new supervisors who don't have the slightest idea of whats going on. I've have supervisor beg me for the answers to test and given false information when it comes to CV policies. There are a few cool people who work there but for the most are ghetto and confrontational so be prepared!

Advice to Management

Stop harassing your employees with threats of corrective action and build an environment that supports innovation and growth. Everyone's out to get you at CV and it sucks!

"Management is horrendous"

Pros

Free cable
    Free coffee
    Free healthcare
    Able to sell the leads to my friends back at verizon

Cons

I just started in outside sales in hauppauge.
    Management is poor and spends hours talking about the top guy in the company.
    They refuse to help with any issues and throw you into the field.
    The office is full of imbiciles.
    The office is scared of losing their job and threatening me to unionize.
    My computer has no internet so i cant work.
    My tablet is not functional.
    My supervisor drove up on me and yelled at me for not making a sale.

Advice to Management

Leave the company you drama filled inexperienced kids

"Tech Support"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Melville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to get time off when needed.

Cons

Poor management. Policy constantly changing to make employees unhappy; lack of communication with upper management and the rest of the company. Performance is solely based on reviews of disgruntled customer.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with client.

"Account executive"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Great benefits and commissions. That's kind of where the pros end.

Cons

Commissions are high but opportunities are scarce. They say you get 300 leads when in fact they are the same 300 recycled leads from the previous person. They don't even give you the notations made on the accounts by the previous person. They over hired staff. Territories get no rest so you will be knocking on doors your coworker just hit two weeks ago. Sales numbers are unreasonable it's not a coincidence that the top two people in every office have been here for 5+ years so they have all of the relationships.
    This job would be great if we were able to build relationships with the business owners but with the 30 days in one territory how are you supposed to make a trusting connection with a business owner that fast. And then the next month you are in a completely different area and cannot follow up with the people ou just built a relationship with because another coworker of yours will be in the territory now.
    I can see how the job used to be great but when we have 90% or more of the market there isn't much opportunity left.
    People hate that pricing games us and Verizon play. Every two years your prices go up dramatically.
    Management will demean you and make you feel useless, constant calling of what have you done for me today.

They want you to turn and burn customers and just focus on the next sale. If a customer has an issue you cannot help you have to tell them to call an 800 number, which is awful I just sold this person and told them that we will be there every step of the way to help by then when they call for help I can't help them?? Makes no sense.

Three competing department. You will lose sales to inbound weekly. You will build report and sell a customer by then they lose your card and call our 800 number thinking I will get credit for the sale meanwhile the inbound caller will get the credit and commission. That is unfair. And the inbound team constantly messes up and does not give he customer what hey need for the business and how can they? They are not in the customers store or speaking wih an IT guy like we do but they still get all the credit and commission.

Advice to Management

Need to hire better managers.

If you want us to hit our goals have a manager take a tough territory for a month and see how they do. I gaurentee not one will hit their goals.

Be more realistic with your goals and get rid of one of the three competing departments ( i.e. Direct sales, inbound sales, strategic sales)

8. "too much politics"

Pros

alot of overtime available during holdidays

Cons

no room for promotions at all

9. "Do Not Work Here"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free cable, phone, and internet service monthly. Also very close distance to my home.

Cons

No support from supervisors or management. You can get fired quickly based on how you handle a call. They do not care about their workers, they only care about the customers but they fail to realize that without happy workers customers will not be happy either. Unable to help customers that much because of the many company restrictions and policies. For example: this job is extremely hard and stressful when a customer request a refund, but your company policy is "no refunds". There is also NO ROOM, despite what the website says, for career progression or shift changes.

Advice to Management

Support and motivate staff if you want customers to have a better experience.

10. "Contact Center Blues"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The medical and dental benefits. Going to abuse it before I quit.

Cons

If you work in the call center, prepare to be micromanaged. Supervisors listen to your calls, pull you for coaching, you're ranked against your peers, there is so much constant change it is frustrating!!!

Everyone who started in my class hates this job, and so far there have been 4 people who have left already.

You're expected to perform like a robot everyday and tou only get 30 minutes for lunch. Just enough time to walk outside to get your food, get back on the elevator and then dump it in the trash because thats it, times up.

They don't care about you at all and pretend they do by smiling at you, but the same manager will turn around and write you up or give you a corrective action.

And good luck if someone you know is sick because getting time off is like hitting the lotto. If you use up all of your sick and personal time, you are sol.

The job is absolutely miserable and most of us are looking for other jobs while on calls with customers.

Advice to Management

Learn your job and stip pretending, morons.