Cablevision Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Dexter Goei
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Schedule changes hinder work life balance if consistently done throughout the year (in 23 reviews)

• Their are rules up the wazoo, when making a simple saleand there is no room for growth (in 18 reviews)

1. "Corporate politics are exhausting"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love interafting with customers one on one.
    I love that it's so hands on
    I love that you're mostly on your own in the field.
    Driving your own truck
    Free cable benefit
    Great insurance

Cons

Non flexible hours
    Corporate politics
    Corporate bureaucracy
    Nasty customers
    Nasty houses
    Injury
    Management sees techs as a machine not a human
    Employee hand book is designed to screw the employee

Advice to Management

Let's focus on customer experience while at the same time helping employees grow. Applying pressure isn't always the right tactics. If an employee is unhappy it's likely to reflect toward customers. The NPS system shows this.

"Tech support representative"

Current Employee - Level II Technical Support in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Level II Technical Support in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and salary is awesome

Cons

Micro manage , constantly riding employees
    Hours are terrible

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with fairness and respect

"Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Clifton, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Clifton, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits! Free cable, option of free Health Insurance, and a lot of great discounts in addition.

Cons

Performance & Reviews are survey and metric based... unfortunately we cannot control if customers complete surveys even after providing "world class customer service"! Horrible schedule, and not eligible to bid for a change until after 1 year (My days off are Tuesday & Wednesday and I work 2:30pm-11pm) In other words I have no life, and I often miss the most important people and events due to this.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to manage! We're constantly told to go to supervisors and/or managers if we cannot get a lead after 2 minutes but managers are hardly ever around, and supervisors give you the run around and say to call a lead (after you've already done so!) They expect you watch your hold and average handle time, but aren't able to give you the necessary support at the same time.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, 401k, diverse coworkers, comfortable and convenient building

Cons

If management likes you, you are recognized,. Forced to use tools that are always broken, NO work-life balance, departments do not work cohesively, poor rating system that punishes reps for the customers dislike of the company, different rules for different people, forced to work holidays and weekends, I could go on and on. Hoping Altice will make things better because moral is at an all time low.

Advice to Management

Us "little people" do a lot of work to make things run smooth, start treating us right, the work environment has made very many good workers feel hopeless.

5. "Mgr. Implementation & Program Management (Operational Readiness)"

Current Employee - Manager Implementation & Program Management (Operational Readiness) in Metuchen, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems (More than 10 years)

Pros

Career Growth / Opportunities, Benefits, Technology growth - Industry Leader

Cons

Depending on the job opportunity role/responsiblities many of the positions are based in their Bethpage, NY corporate offices in which case you need to reside or commute.

Advice to Management

Continue with the high level of communication for the company strategies and business endeavors. Afford current employee's the opportunity to interview for open positions, if skills are a match as opposed to looking for external candidates

"WAS an enjoyable job with career potential."

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Currently the only pros are the medical benefits which keep getting more expensive every year. Very cheap cable, Internet and phone for employees.

Cons

Disrespectful, disconnected and delusional leadership. Lots of favoritism in the field. If you're liked then work is lite. If not, then good luck even having time to use the restroom let alone take your 30 min lunch. Certain supervisors, managers and district operators cheat/support cheating the system for certain people but have fired others for much less. I can not tell you how many times I've heard my manager say "make it dissappear". They expect the world of you and almost force you to do overtime daily. (Treat you like crap if you don't stay late/pick up extra work).

Advice to Management

True leadership will not ask someone to do something that they can not/will not do.

"Technical Support"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salary is good, benefits are good, 401k is also good. People that work there are great to work with.

Cons

The rules constantly change. It is impossible to see tall of the rules and regulations. The rules hamper your ability to do the job as well as it should be. The environment is very demoralizing and demotivating. Upper management is totally out of touch with what is really going on with the company. I have never worked for as company that has a parties for the employees and then does everything they can to keep them in a position where they can fire them or take some disciplinary action. It is very sad what has happened to Cablevision as a company.

Advice to Management

Stop making rule, rules and more rules that are impossible to follow. You have created a horribly high stress level. Let the people do their jobs without being micro managed, and you have a much happier customer base, and you will retain alot more of the really talented people that work there.

"They don't Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Cablevision Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay and benefit packages are the only reason I would advise working here.
    Sometimes they give you candy or various treats

Cons

No one wants to own their job. Only Call center employees are held to a standard and regardless of what department screwed up, we have to fix it. You are promised tools that work, and they do, about 50% of the time. Management implement metrics that are based upon a subscribers intent to recommend the company, which is a opinion. Metrics are in place to help you fail.

Advice to Management

Find other jobs, Altice is coming

9. "Field service"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Long Island City, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Long Island City, NY

Pros

Good benafits , pay not bad

Cons

Demands are very tough. Overtime is scarce

10. "Ok! company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Manager in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems (More than a year)

Pros

freedom, good benefits, good pay

Cons

micro-management. lowering commissions. terrible product that barely works! tons of customer complaints. deluded management

Advice to Management

listen to your reps, they are not just number makers, and our value should not be only worth the last sale closed!!