Cablevision Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Dexter Goei

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Schedule changes hinder work life balance if consistently done throughout the year (in 23 reviews)

• Their are rules up the wazoo, when making a simple saleand there is no room for growth (in 18 reviews)

"Worst company I worked for"

Current Employee - Advanced Customer Service Representative in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Advanced Customer Service Representative in Bronx, NY

Pros

Employees get somewhat good health benefits and company products such as cable, internet and phone are free. nothing else is good.

Cons

Overall the job is tedious, something is always wrong with equipments, horrible managements, horrible Hr dept., get harassed constantly by employees but HR does not care. Favoritism and horrible supervisors.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more, provide better tools in order for employees to help customer better, fire all supervisors and start over.

"TSG Shelton is a interesting place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shelton, CT

Pros

The benefits are great. Free cable, free telephone, and free internet. The location is great for me since I live in Bridgeport.

Cons

Too many stats. The measure you for everything including the time spent going to bathroom. It makes for stressful environment

Advice to Management

Learn to make a place more human. There is talk about hoe it used to be that way, but changed in the last year

"Good company. Terrible job."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Melville, NY

Pros

-Above average pay for field.
    -Basically free health benefits.
    -401 K contribution.
    -Overtime available.
    -Free cable, internet and phone after 3 months.
    -Good perks (discounted tickets, merchandise, etc...).
    -Nice break room.

Cons

-Management is very poor; they promote the wrong people who end up doing nothing more than taxing the time you spend on calls, on break, and in the bathroom (literally), and who definitely play favorites and will not help you unless they feel like it.
    -With constant equipment issues, channels missing, network errors and outages, there is zero down time. You can literally be on the phone (with only 13 seconds between calls) every minute of your shift.
    -Systems that you need to do your job are often slow, frozen, or simply "down".
    -No interaction with co-workers other than breaks, which you rarely go to on time because you're stuck on calls.
    -Training program puts you in false sense of security--teaching you things you'll never use because they're automatically done or not used anymore, and not teaching you too many things you encounter on the floor.
    -The "Help" desk is the only place to receive advice or connect an angry customer. There are SOME nice, helpful people, but for the most part they are rude and entitled, and often give incorrect or rushed information just to get you off the phone. Who you get on the phone there can make the difference between a good shift and a bad one.
    -They say the "C" in Cablevision stands for "change", and they're right. You can spend a lot of time and energy learning something, only to find out it's changed the next day. That can be very frustrating.
    -They expect Customer Service Reps to also be technicians. The term multitask doesn't come close to explaining the sheer amount of work they expect you to do in such a limited amount of time. Customer Service Reps are NOT technicians, they shouldn't be expected to be both unless they're paid double.

Advice to Management

Choose your managers and Help Desk people more wisely. Management seems to care very little about their team and to know very little about the job their team does. They feel like people who are there to watch your clock, and nothing else. The Help Desk is a great theory, but some people aren't suited for it and make employees want to call it so little that they guess and make mistakes just to avoid them. I have never felt more like JUST A NUMBER at any job as I did at Cablevision. They really do not care about you at all.

"Low level job assignments for poor or as first English speaking job"

Former Employee - Customers Relations Coordinator (CRC) in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Customers Relations Coordinator (CRC) in Bronx, NY

Pros

Some of training in communication, conversation and negotiation control
    Communication practice

Cons

Temporary Assignments, Consultancy through a third party agencies, minimum pay ~$10/h, lack of career progression or performance recognition, very strict schedule, highest turnover

Advice to Management

Change the workers’ treatment; overturn the marketing and products’ strategies

5. "Confusing"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative Tier II in Jericho, NY

Pros

-none that I can think of except free coffee
    -The break room has video games and nice sofa's to lounge on.

Cons

BEWARE!

This company is confusing. I was hired as Tier ll rep for Voip Telephone and Internet but by the end of the training, we were learning customer service and television repair as well. Than when we got on the floor they stressed us that we must take television repair phone calls but the training was soo limited that I had to ask help desk. When I reached help desk, they would inform me to transfer the customer to the Television/Customer service department because the Jericho dept only takes tech calls. Which is odd because we are recorded for Quality assurance and the QA analyst would mark us down for not taking the call and there after your manager would throw you under the bus and act like he told you take the call. (LIARS)

The management have little or no technical support experience, so they would not know how to respond to your questions (keep in mind we are only aloud to keep the customer on hold for 2 minutes before getting marked down). So you have to run around the call center finding the answer and no one seems to know or want to help. Managers are lounging at their desk and instead of helping or answering any of your questions, they will point towards another manager to assist and that manager would point you to some one else and so forth.This company honestly has the worse management and needs to revamp the whole call center.

This call center has alot of politics, for someone coming in new and fresh, this could be frustrating and confusing because everyone is talking sh#t about the other person, so you do not know who to trust and or listen to. Everyone is pointing blame at the other person and trying to get ahead by throwing any and everyone under the bus.

Honestly worse place I have ever worked. The people there are GRIMEY!

Advice to Management

Hire new Management. This way the turnover rate wont be so high.

6. "Horrible don't bother they babysit you"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Bridgeport, CT
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Bridgeport, CT

Pros

Quick commissions, decent salaries, benefits are very good. Vacation time is decent andsck time and fmla benefits are very good.

Cons

Micro managers, horrible support team for sales people, don't listen to your ideas. Everyone thinks they know everything. Upper management are nothing more than previous sales people.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the clouds. Listen to your sales reps when they have ideas. Focus mor in production than personal goals for yourself.

7. "Not rewarding"

Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - Media Coordinator in Bethpage, NY

Pros

Great Benefits including free medical insurance for those making 45,000 or under.

Cons

Some management is very unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Survey staff regarding management before promoting them.

"The job itself is ok, dealing with my superiors is another story."

Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Advanced Support Representative in Melville, NY

Pros

Medical Benefits, Free Cable TV, Phone and Internet. Discounts to area attractions and sports tickets. Free Coffee. Pleasant Co-Workers. Fair Dress Code.

Cons

The lack of choice of hours. Difficulty getting time off regardless of seniority. Poor training methods. Management and supervisors concerned about themselves vs the welfare of employees. The promise of an "Open Door" policy only to have that policy work against you.

Advice to Management

Pretty soon your business will become irrelevant. I suggest you make things flexible for your workers to allow them to make a difference for customers.

"I enjoyed the work but the goals and rule have changed so dramatically that its impossible to make decent money anymore."

Current Employee - Residential Account Executive in Morris Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Residential Account Executive in Morris Plains, NJ

Pros

The benefits are decent, the independence is very good if you don't mind working on your own. The lenghth of vacation time is very good (3 weeks) from the first year.

Cons

The sales goals and product pricing has gone up drastically. The goals are very hard to hit with the fierce competition. This year if you sell at the same levels as last year you earn half as much commissions.

Advice to Management

Most people in my department work very hard at the job. We pay for our own gas which has gone up considerably over the past few years. We pay for our own phones. If you don't set goals which are achievable, all the best people are going to leave. Every single person in my office is looking to leave. Everyone.

Lower the price!! We shouldn't be priced higher than FIOS. People used to switch to us for fair prices!

Your executives who manage our department are out of touch. Have them walk with the salespeople once a month so they see what we are up against.

"Great employees, good benefits, very ineffective management team!!"

Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Stratford, CT
    Former Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Stratford, CT

Pros

Founder & chairman, Charles Dolan has always been a 'silent mentor' to me. His wisdom, tenacity and financial agility are positive attributes that guided him in creating a successful company. Excellent benefits

Cons

TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT - VPs to managers, who for the most part have no clue as to how to effectively manage the greatest asset (their employees) any company will ever have! Its a shame that the company invest so much in providing leadership seminars etc in an effort to develop its people BUT there is NO ACCOUNTABILITY. Managers do not know how to lead and supervisors have no positive role models so its a game of blind leading blind. This results in very poor employee relationships because managers etc know how to 'add' the numbers but not what they really mean in terms of relationship building, employee job satisfaction/motivation and effective stakeholder- management

Advice to Management

Advice to Mr Dolan and his TMT (top management team). Organizations now have to compete in a global economy which comprises of a multi-generational & diverse set of employees. Even though your call centers and other primary contact employees are in a closed system, it is critical to have managers and other leaders who can effectively manage the people. 'You' taught me long ago in one of my first leadership seminars to 'manage the behaviors that drive the numbers' BUT the mgt team at the CT location does the opposite...please listen to your employees and rebuild the legacy created by Mr Dolan Sr.