Cablevision Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated November 26, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Schedule changes hinder work life balance if consistently done throughout the year (in 23 reviews)

• Their are rules up the wazoo, when making a simple saleand there is no room for growth (in 18 reviews)

1. "No good review"

Former Employee - Customer Relations Billing Coordinator in East Orange, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Relations Billing Coordinator in East Orange, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and career opportunties

Cons

Work at your own risk, no assistance,backup,

2. "review"

Pros

They had good Benefits and free cable

Cons

You are only a number to this company

"Customer Service Rep. II"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Phone, internet & cable + Benefit are really good, 401k plan.

Cons

Cablevision is the employer from HELL! They micro=manage their employees to death and that's not the worst part/ CV system sucks! During a typical shift you'll run into countless issue with their computers and work applications. The queue is usually very high so expect to take tons of calls for hours on end without a break. Most customers call in begging for promotion even when their receiving on and are very rude. Plus there are no assigned seats so it gives you a feeling of unwelcomeness. Also, they hire new supervisors who don't have the slightest idea of whats going on. I've have supervisor beg me for the answers to test and given false information when it comes to CV policies. There are a few cool people who work there but for the most are ghetto and confrontational so be prepared!

Advice to Management

Stop harassing your employees with threats of corrective action and build an environment that supports innovation and growth. Everyone's out to get you at CV and it sucks!

"Management is horrendous"

Pros

Free cable
    Free coffee
    Free healthcare
    Able to sell the leads to my friends back at verizon

Cons

I just started in outside sales in hauppauge.
    Management is poor and spends hours talking about the top guy in the company.
    They refuse to help with any issues and throw you into the field.
    The office is full of imbiciles.
    The office is scared of losing their job and threatening me to unionize.
    My computer has no internet so i cant work.
    My tablet is not functional.
    My supervisor drove up on me and yelled at me for not making a sale.

Advice to Management

Leave the company you drama filled inexperienced kids

"Tech Support"

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Melville, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy to get time off when needed.

Cons

Poor management. Policy constantly changing to make employees unhappy; lack of communication with upper management and the rest of the company. Performance is solely based on reviews of disgruntled customer.

Advice to Management

Communicate better with client.

"Residential Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in West Milford, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in West Milford, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits. Free Cable.

Cons

Terrible hours. All weather knocking on prospect doors. Electronic surveillance through company issued iPad.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage. Let professionals be professionals.

"Account executive"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Great benefits and commissions. That's kind of where the pros end.

Cons

Commissions are high but opportunities are scarce. They say you get 300 leads when in fact they are the same 300 recycled leads from the previous person. They don't even give you the notations made on the accounts by the previous person. They over hired staff. Territories get no rest so you will be knocking on doors your coworker just hit two weeks ago. Sales numbers are unreasonable it's not a coincidence that the top two people in every office have been here for 5+ years so they have all of the relationships.
    This job would be great if we were able to build relationships with the business owners but with the 30 days in one territory how are you supposed to make a trusting connection with a business owner that fast. And then the next month you are in a completely different area and cannot follow up with the people ou just built a relationship with because another coworker of yours will be in the territory now.
    I can see how the job used to be great but when we have 90% or more of the market there isn't much opportunity left.
    People hate that pricing games us and Verizon play. Every two years your prices go up dramatically.
    Management will demean you and make you feel useless, constant calling of what have you done for me today.

They want you to turn and burn customers and just focus on the next sale. If a customer has an issue you cannot help you have to tell them to call an 800 number, which is awful I just sold this person and told them that we will be there every step of the way to help by then when they call for help I can't help them?? Makes no sense.

Three competing department. You will lose sales to inbound weekly. You will build report and sell a customer by then they lose your card and call our 800 number thinking I will get credit for the sale meanwhile the inbound caller will get the credit and commission. That is unfair. And the inbound team constantly messes up and does not give he customer what hey need for the business and how can they? They are not in the customers store or speaking wih an IT guy like we do but they still get all the credit and commission.

Advice to Management

Need to hire better managers.

If you want us to hit our goals have a manager take a tough territory for a month and see how they do. I gaurentee not one will hit their goals.

Be more realistic with your goals and get rid of one of the three competing departments ( i.e. Direct sales, inbound sales, strategic sales)

8. "too much politics"

Pros

alot of overtime available during holdidays

Cons

no room for promotions at all

"Good times"

Pros

The company leadership cared about is employees until about 3 years ago.

Cons

Father built it, son destroyed it

10. "Do Not Work Here"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free cable, phone, and internet service monthly. Also very close distance to my home.

Cons

No support from supervisors or management. You can get fired quickly based on how you handle a call. They do not care about their workers, they only care about the customers but they fail to realize that without happy workers customers will not be happy either. Unable to help customers that much because of the many company restrictions and policies. For example: this job is extremely hard and stressful when a customer request a refund, but your company policy is "no refunds". There is also NO ROOM, despite what the website says, for career progression or shift changes.

Advice to Management

Support and motivate staff if you want customers to have a better experience.