Cablevision Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated December 30, 2016

Pros
Cons
  • work - life balance is horrible which makes good people leave (in 22 reviews)

• Their are rules up the wazoo, when making a simple saleand there is no room for growth (in 18 reviews)

"Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free cable, medical, dental, vision, 401K, double pay, this is all the pros everything else really sucks at this place! If this job is not your last resort don't do it

Cons

The people calling in complaining. Management is so ridiculous. No Union. Everyone in the call center looks so sad and depress. You can tell that their all there because it pays the bills

Advice to Management

NPS is about the company. It's not our fault the customers are giving you bad ratings

2. "Customer Service and Billing Rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time

Pros

Always hiring. Decent pay for a job where all you need is a HS diploma and some command of the English language.

Cons

Always firing. Impossible expectations and managers that are heartless. The constant turnover is how they keep the call center's overall salary at entry level.

Advice to Management

Lighten up. Treat your employees with respect and maybe the satellite and fiber optic companies won't continue to kick your butt so consistently. Worst job I ever had.

3. "All they care about is the numbers in Quality Assurance"

Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Analyst in Bethpage, NY
    Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Analyst in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part all your coworkers are very friendly
    Pay is OK
    Opportunities for overtime, including extra hours per day and working weekends.

Cons

They hardly give you any training in the QA department, I was given less than a week's training, which was just on preparing fake accounts for testing.
    After that they place you on a project and expect you to ask an overwhelming number of questions to the project lead to understand what you are doing daily.
    For each individual project your managers have a certain number of test cases you're supposed to do per day, if you do not meet this requirement you will get on their bad side.
    When you get on your managers bad side they start checking everything you are doing testing wise. They are checking how long it takes you to execute individual steps, if there are time gaps between steps, and the time gaps between moving onto a different test case. Even if you execute the number of test cases they wanted you to, you're already on a sinking ship and they're just going to let you go regardless.

Advice to Management

Most of the projects were ahead, but if you're not pulling your weight you're just a weak link to get rid of, I suppose. My first week in this position they had a departmental meeting saying "things are going to change around here" sort of thing, that they want more automated testing. The people that had been there for a while got nervous and wondered what was going to happen with their positions. But the way your managers look at you is that you're really just a tool, they actually call you a "resource," not a person. I think the management is too far gone to be helped, honestly. They'll use you for what they can get out of you, but a person you're insignificant.

5. "admin"

Current Employee - New York in Bethpage, NY
    Current Employee - New York in Bethpage, NY

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great to learn new technologies

Cons

company is going through reorgs every year since last 3 years and lot of insecurity and too many unqualified directors and VPs who are their for long time with no motivation to work

Advice to Management

Need to change company culture and do something about middle level management

6. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free cable for employees if you live in the footprint

Cons

Terrible management styles. Too many micro managers from VPs down to supervisors.

Advice to Management

Give the sales reps space

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Residential Account Executive in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Residential Account Executive in Bronx, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule and friendly co worker fun job

Cons

harassment at all times by supervisor don't know how to talk to people

Advice to Management

stop micromanagment

"Worst senior management ever experienced in my 25 year career"

Former Contractor - Project and Program Mgt in Bethpage, NY
    Former Contractor - Project and Program Mgt in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Some very intelligent and nice consultants that work with you

Cons

Permenent employees at management level are totally incompetent. VP's and Sr. VP's could not hold a managers position in a fortune 100 organization. Organizational changes are excessive and ill concieved at best.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your friends and relatives which you employee at the upper levels and hire professionals

"Something is broken at Cablevision"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Bethpage, NY

Pros

Good pay, good benefits and nice working environment

Cons

No loyalty to employees. Treated as valued assets one day and then escorted out of the building the next..

Advice to Management

Something is broken at Cablevision - I was a 10+ year employee with superb performance reviews. I was a dedicated and hard working employee. Then in January 2015, I was terminated stating that I do not have the required skills to support the pending organizational changes. This was stated to me by an EVP that joined the company 6 months ago. He had little interaction with me.. I was then asked for my id and cell phone and escorted out of the building. How do you treat an employee of 10+ years like a criminal. What do you think the remaining staff feels like. What trust do they have with management. This greatly destroys trust and the performance of the remaining staff. This new EVP has a lot to learn about being a true leader! I would advise Cablevision's top management to look closely at this issue and how it is eroding a great company. I view my treatment as abusive and with no regard for the impact to the employee and family.

"Filed. Service tech"

Former Employee - Filed Service Technician in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Filed Service Technician in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are none !! There are none !!

Cons

Working as a at will employe !! Having no union !!! You have to watch your back every day . No retirement !!!

Advice to Management

Back off the workers !! You are all bullies !!! Let them organize with out fear !!! There need a Union !!!!'

"RUN"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

4x10 Schedule with 3 days off in a row.

Cons

Crazy hours. Management knows nothing. We get cursed out and yell at all day by stupid customers who can't count or turn a cable box on or off without their hand being held and a gold star. They have no respect for their staff and do not value what we do. Their E3 quality team is complete bullcrap! It's all a set up. We are doormats.

Advice to Management

Learn EVERYTHING needed to call yourself a manger or supervisor, don't refer every issue to the Field Comm. reading or KDB, believe me, it doesn't know everything which is why we need your help. Train the leads better and follow up with constant issues. Make the sups and managers get on the phone for at least 1 hour a week in the regular cue so they can know what we go through and so they can REALLY know their stuff at the drop of a dime. My supervisor knows nothing and brushes everything off because he hasn't been on the phones since before the the company had OV & IO service. Get rid of the E3 quality team and give that responsibility to the supervisors or managers- they don't do anything all day anyway but go have buddy buddy meetings and smoke their hookas in locked training rooms.