Cablevision Systems Reviews in Woodbury, NY | Glassdoor

2.0
Dexter Goei
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • work - life balance is horrible which makes good people leave (in 22 reviews)

• Their are rules up the wazoo, when making a simple saleand there is no room for growth (in 18 reviews)

"Beware! Good days are gone, new owners are in town!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Woodbury, NY

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and fellow coworkers.

Cons

management under transition of new ownership. many layoffs and benefit cuts. no training. left to sink or swim.

Advice to Management

listen to employee suggestions or you will lose good, dedicated, skill staff.

"Brainless work made super complicated by horrible management --"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Woodbury, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Woodbury, NY

Pros

I met some nice folks there --

Cons

Inexperienced managers -- some who have been there for years -- completely untrained and dedicated to protecting their jobs over making decisions that would benefit the company. Simple day-to-day tasks are made impossible due to horrible people empowered who make themselves important by constantly creating mountains out of small hills. If you're not one of the "in" people -- and since they do not have set processes and an established success criteria -- managers start bad mouthing you behind closed doors and they don't have the decency to at least let you know that they are having an issue with your approach to your work -- even though there is no set process. One-on-one sessions are ignored and cancelled constantly...so -- no training...no constructive criticism --

The politics of the place is horrible and makes being productive almost impossible --

My advice -- don't do it -- if you're unemployed -- keep looking...

Advice to Management

wouldn't waste my time -- they need to clean house if they're going to try to survive the eventual demise of the Cable industry as we know it. Look at the Knicks...look at MSG -- need I say any more?