Cadmus Group Senior Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Ian Kline

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • High turnover rate (average one person per week) quits (in 7 reviews)

• Lack of project management education for junior staff right out of college (in 7 reviews)

"Senior Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Smart, kind, and ambitious coworkers
    - Flexible work environment
    - Interesting and meaningful work

Cons

- Lack of diversity
    - Unrealistic billability targets
    - Lack of respect for junior staff members' time (often expected to work late with very little notice)

"Senior analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Waltham, MA

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits package, Decent scheduling.

Cons

Everything else, Horrible integration into the world of duplication and capitalization. No family time unless you are management. No incentive to work the 50-60 hours a week they are looking for. Expenses are a joke, and the constant travel is nice but 24 hour a day contact to anyone who calls you is not

Advice to Management

Hire apprentices or new high school graduates for this role. Stop belittling experienced staff to feel inadequit and wanting to leave.

"Senior Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to work for major IOU clients in North America on industry leading research projects, as well as regular renewable program evaluations.

Cons

In my experience, the Principal-level staff and above were overburdened, and had little to no time for mentoring conversations and staff development. The basic training program in place left many gaps, but is sufficient for basic boot camp to bring inexperienced staff up to speed on industry issues.

Advice to Management

Invest in really supporting the growth goals for staff by allotting time for staff and managers to talk on a regular basis and train for growth. Take the time to budget smart and listen to challenges presented on projects; collaborate to arrive at solutions that work for all parties.

"Smart company in a good position, mix of good and bad managers"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people, great colleagues, great contracts, interesting work, decent work-life balance. Some exceptional managers with leadership ability and years of experience. Moving in a good direction.

Cons

A couple difficult personalities detract from an otherwise great company

Advice to Management

Great job with recent improvements and acquisitions, company is moving in a positive direction, take action on known bad apples

"Good company overall, but not perfect for introverted/analytical types"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company culture. Lots of benefits, generous vacation policy, etc. For some groups there are lots of opportunities for growth as the company likes to promote from within. The company was great about offering professional development and training opportunities. Lots of smart people work here.

Cons

Many of the projects are won year after year and are expected to be completed the same way each time. Not a whole lot of encouragement to think out-side of the box or bring new ideas unless you do the business development yourself. Quick growth of company meant lots of corporate restructuring to try to find a system that works - not sure they ever got it right. I rarely worked on projects managed by my direct supervisor who was in charge of evaluating my performance. Seemed like my workload was always too heavy or too light. When I was low on work I had to scramble to find something since the company discourages an environment where you work closely with one team (the group of people I worked with constantly changed) and no-one was really responsible for helping me ensure my workload was appropriate. This made it hard to feel like I was doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Continue experimenting to find a corporate/team structure that works to support junior and mid-level employees. Acknowledge that some excellent employees would rather focus on doing great analysis rather than devoting a lot of time on business development & management, especially when it comes to promotion consideration.

"Solid firm, great work-life balance"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the title says, once you've gotten used to the world of consulting, this place is great in terms of their respect for your well-being and time. It's consulting, but not management consulting, so your hours are not as crazy as you might expect, and they've made several changes over the past couple years to make pay and benefits competitive while still maintaining the overall atmosphere of collegiality.

Cons

Depending on your division and group, there may be periods of slowness which can be tough because you're still expected to meet certain billability requirements. The health plan isn't the best either.

Advice to Management

Consider reducing the billability requirements and instead encouraging employees at all levels to seek out new clients (though keep that more of a priority for higher level staff, obviously).

"A Decent Stepping Stone. Don't stay too long."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As others have mentioned, Cadmus is a fine place if your goal is to put some experience on your resume. Co-workers are wonderful, dedicated, passionate people. The work itself is interesting and even fun at times.

Cons

Specifically, my main complaint is with Cadmus' time sheet (hourly billing) procedures. Employees get no overtime pay when they work 60+ hours (for example) one week. Yet if the workload is short for whatever reason, even if we are present at the office we cannot bill for that time and need to "make up" for lost hours by working evenings/weekends/holidays. Very high stress. ...Stress when you're workload is heavy, and stress when it's too light because you're basically wasting your time sitting around... Not getting paid.

Advice to Management

I seriously doubt management even cares to be made aware of this type of feedback, so I'm not going to bother repeating what others have already stated.

8. "Smart people, great work, organizational problems"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers; flexibility to work on projects that you're interested in and take your career in the direction you want to go

Cons

Organizational problems; different teams across Cadmus do not collaborate; senior leadership not the best

"Extremely poor management, but flexible hours."

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cadmus Group full-time

Pros

Flexible hours (although you must put in at least 44 hours a week, which you are not told about during the interview process)

Opportunities to gain expertise and skills in project management.

Most teams at Cadmus are comprised of young and energetic people who really believe in the work that they are completing.

Cons

Worst management I've ever had, and I've worked at several large companies. Management at Cadmus has absolutely no idea how to manage people. They need people skills.

Extremely high turnover.

Inconsistent project management.

Favoritism is practiced on a daily basis.

Absolutely no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Management at Cadmus knows how to hire really motivated and amazing people, but they have absolutely no idea how to keep them around. Management needs to start treating people as individuals and not just filling a desk/office with a worker.