Cadre Services Reviews in Appleton, WI | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

Appleton, WI

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staffers at Cadre take a personal interest in each of their employees. They check in frequently and truly listen to what you have to say, good or bad. They consistantly give praise when do and are quick to foward on any feedback the company you are working for offers. I have worked with them on several jobs over the last 8 years. I would and have highly recommended Cadre to all my friends and family. There is no other staffing agency I would work with.

Cons

Pay scales can be a little low at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Dec 13, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the 5 star review!

Thank you also for the feedback regarding the pay scales. Pay rates for positions are established by the clients. We do try to present positions that meet what... More

2. "Cadre is only one staffing service to use, WI has many companies to work with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cadre has many, many jobs to place a candidate in, if you are willing to compromise yourself.

Cons

If you are willing to earn less than you were earning at a previous job. If you are willing to sell yourself short....Cadre is the place you can allow yourself to be manipulated and compromise yourself....Cadre is the place for you! Cadre is only one staffing company available to job seekers, check out all of your options before working with Cadre!!!

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Be genuine. Take ownership in what you say you will do and what you tell a candidate you can and will do for them.

Dec 13, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry to see your review. As is generally the case for staffing services, pay rates for our positions are established by the clients. We do try to present our candidates with positions that... More

3. "Great company to learn and grow with!"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management is fantastic! They have helped shape me into the professional that I am today.

A fun place to go to work each day and have individual responsibility while working as a team.

It's very rewarding to be able to help others not only find great new careers but help then through the whole process- from resume and interview suggestions to how to write a follow- up thank you letter.

Cons

Set Monday-Friday 8-5 hours (not a lot of flexibility)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great, team-focused environment!

Jan 5, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the 5 star review!

Our apologies for not responding sooner. Unfortunately, Glassdoor did not post your review on their site until 12/31/17.

4. "Anxiety Inducing, micromanaged environment"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, besides I worked with some people my own age and that was good for me at the time, being new to the area.

Cons

Many. It was a very cliquey environment and it was aggressively micro managed. Management would randomly go through your emails, would not allow you so much as to look at your cell phone at all during the day unless you were on your lunch, even if you told them your mother was in surgery and you were getting updates on how it was going. I got called into the managers office for having my phone on my desk. This is a true story...it was such a stressful environment to work in everyday and I absolutely dreaded going to work. They had crazy rules such as all food had to be out of the fridge by 4:30 pm daily, no exceptions whatsoever. They made you feel like you signed your name in blood to work with them forever and when I gave my two weeks notice they immediately let me go, wouldn't let me fully pack up my desk and stood over me while I rushed to gather my belongings and leave. I received very rude, insulting feedback when giving my notice, basically saying she didn't believe I'd do well at my new job. I have never been treated like this in my life and it was such a relief to get out of this environment. On top of all of this, I was a college graduate with my bachelors degree and experience, in my late twenties, and they paid me $13.00/hour. It was insulting. You had to get your own insurance and they would reimburse you only a portion of it. People that have worked there forever get preferential treatment, and it's blatantly obvious.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Treat them like adults and with respect and compensate them fairly. Don't manage with intimidation. Less ridiculous rules.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Ideally, every employment match works out, but realistically that isn’t always the case. You weren’t a fit for Cadre, and Cadre wasn’t a fit for you. Best wishes for your ongoing career success!

5. "They don't work to hard at finding positions for me."

Current Employee - Service Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

N nothing to say at this point

Cons

Nothing to say at this point

Advice to Management

Realize the people need jobs, work harder to find them one.

"Very micro-managing! Other than that it is a great company!!"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are fantastic, for the most part. It is a great environment overall, working with great Clients and people.

Cons

Extremely micro-managing and I have heard from friends still there it is only getting worse!! They promise you pay raises that you won't see and they try to monitor everything you do!

Advice to Management

If you say you are going to do something, do it. If you trust your own management techniques and the people you hire you shouldn't have to micro manage. Have trust in your Staff and pay them for what they are worth! My sources tell me you have a lot of unhappy people there if only for those two reasons! Pay the staff you have what they deserve before opening a new branch...oh, sorry, too late for that. And I heard there are favorites, that is why some get special hours and others don't. And now they get to help the management micro-manage what they don't have time to do them selves. That is just sad!

"Poor Feedback - Not Honest w/ Employees"

Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI

Pros

Flexible job to work on a contract - by - contract basis.

Cons

Staffing Managers are only concerned about making their placement quotas and making their comission on placing an employee in a contract job. The contract employee makes only a small portion of the hourly rate paid to staffing service. Staffing managers are not honest. No personal intrigrity or business ethics!

Advice to Management

Teach your staffing managers the MEANING of honesty and REQUIRE honesty in the behavior of each staffing manager.