Cadre Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. Featured Review

"A fantastic company to work for!"

Former Employee - Former Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Former Staffing Coordinator

I worked at Cadre Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked internally at Cadre for a few years. It had great management style and a wonderful learning environment. It was always a positive environment with lots of advice on how to better ourselves as a company overall. Our number one goal was to satisfy the customers- whether it was the Client or the Applicant. No micro-managing at all, very well managed with lots of communication from the CEO, to the Director of Staffing, even amongst our teams. It was very heavily based on teamwork and doing the best we can to service our applicants and clients in everything we do. When someone would call us looking for a job, it was truly amazing to watch the whole process happen from start to finish. I felt that management was there for me when I needed to ask questions, would give raises as they said they would, provided great benefits, and would be flexible for situations that would arise. I knew they cared for me as an individual and my success as a not only a Cadre employee, but as a person no matter where my career led me.

Cons

None, it if wasn't for a change in career due to my interest, I would still be working there!

Advice to Management

No advice- keep up the great work! I am thankful this business has been around for 23 years to service the Oshkosh, Appleton, Green Bay, and Madison areas. Thank you for helping me grow into the person I am today and teaching me lifelong skills of the importance of communication and teamwork.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Thank you very much for the kind words!

2. "Cadre Helped Me Find My New Career"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Assistant in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Assistant in Neenah, WI

Pros

The staff at Cadre was very professional and helpful from the moment I walked in the door. They treated me as priority and kept me updated with available employment opportunities. They listened to my requests and worked with my skillset to find the perfect position for me. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Cadre and would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking to seek a professional career!

Cons

You'll need to be patient in your search for success.

3. "Anxiety Inducing, micromanaged environment"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, besides I worked with some people my own age and that was good for me at the time, being new to the area.

Cons

Many. It was a very cliquey environment and it was aggressively micro managed. Management would randomly go through your emails, would not allow you so much as to look at your cell phone at all during the day unless you were on your lunch, even if you told them your mother was in surgery and you were getting updates on how it was going. I got called into the managers office for having my phone on my desk. This is a true story...it was such a stressful environment to work in everyday and I absolutely dreaded going to work. They had crazy rules such as all food had to be out of the fridge by 4:30 pm daily, no exceptions whatsoever. They made you feel like you signed your name in blood to work with them forever and when I gave my two weeks notice they immediately let me go, wouldn't let me fully pack up my desk and stood over me while I rushed to gather my belongings and leave. I received very rude, insulting feedback when giving my notice, basically saying she didn't believe I'd do well at my new job. I have never been treated like this in my life and it was such a relief to get out of this environment. On top of all of this, I was a college graduate with my bachelors degree and experience, in my late twenties, and they paid me $13.00/hour. It was insulting. You had to get your own insurance and they would reimburse you only a portion of it. People that have worked there forever get preferential treatment, and it's blatantly obvious.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Treat them like adults and with respect and compensate them fairly. Don't manage with intimidation. Less ridiculous rules.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Ideally, every employment match works out, but realistically that isn’t always the case. You weren’t a fit for Cadre, and Cadre wasn’t a fit for you. Best wishes for your ongoing career success!

4. "They don't work to hard at finding positions for me."

Current Employee - Service Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

N nothing to say at this point

Cons

Nothing to say at this point

Advice to Management

Realize the people need jobs, work harder to find them one.

"Only care about meeting their placement quotas"

Current Contractor - Consumer Specialist in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Contractor - Consumer Specialist in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay for your assessment tests. That's about it.

Cons

They work to place you absolutely anywhere, whether it's a good fit or not, only to meet their individual placement quotas. If your assignment ends at one place before the contract is up for any reason, they drop you without talking to you first.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Actually work on placing them based on their skills, not based on whatever makes you the most money.

"Very micro-managing! Other than that it is a great company!!"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are fantastic, for the most part. It is a great environment overall, working with great Clients and people.

Cons

Extremely micro-managing and I have heard from friends still there it is only getting worse!! They promise you pay raises that you won't see and they try to monitor everything you do!

Advice to Management

If you say you are going to do something, do it. If you trust your own management techniques and the people you hire you shouldn't have to micro manage. Have trust in your Staff and pay them for what they are worth! My sources tell me you have a lot of unhappy people there if only for those two reasons! Pay the staff you have what they deserve before opening a new branch...oh, sorry, too late for that. And I heard there are favorites, that is why some get special hours and others don't. And now they get to help the management micro-manage what they don't have time to do them selves. That is just sad!

"Poor Feedback - Not Honest w/ Employees"

Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI

Pros

Flexible job to work on a contract - by - contract basis.

Cons

Staffing Managers are only concerned about making their placement quotas and making their comission on placing an employee in a contract job. The contract employee makes only a small portion of the hourly rate paid to staffing service. Staffing managers are not honest. No personal intrigrity or business ethics!

Advice to Management

Teach your staffing managers the MEANING of honesty and REQUIRE honesty in the behavior of each staffing manager.

8. "Everything is by the numbers. Do not realize the humanity of people seeking work."

Pros

Have a great "come-on"-- and polite interviewers.

Cons

They state that they only want the "cream of the crop" but define that as mere metrics rather than candidate education or cultural fit. I suspect that the companies that they represent don't only want servile drones, eschewing anyone with drive or creativity. This is not a good conduit to a 21st century job. Their hiring techniques are very backward and not cutting edge.

Advice to Management

Recruit for companies with an eye to repeat business from those companies. Metrics do not tell the entire story of a candidate. Retention and loyalty are demonstrated by more than numbers. I believe that is what employers really want. Try to deliver that.

Apr 24, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry that you did not find your experience at Cadre to be more positive. Since you posted anonymously, we are unable to reach out to you to discuss your concerns, but we invite you to ... More

"Awesome Staffing Agency"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist

Pros

Very professional and warm atmosphere. Would continue to present me job opportunities until I found one suitable for me. Stayed in touch and made sure I was comfortable and my needs were met.

Cons

None whatsoever! I had a great and positive experience working with Cadre.

Advice to Management

Keep providing outstanding staffing services!

10. "I enjoyed working for Cadre. My supervisor was always very helpful and friendly"

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time

Pros

They were very helpful in finding a position just right for me. They would always be supportive and listened to my needs.

Cons

Temporary employment in my case wasn't ideal. It would have been nice to get hired on permanently but that is not Cadre's fault.