Cadre Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 7, 2017

1.0
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "All they care about is money"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Cadre Services as a contractor

Pros

Nothing really...weekly pay is about it, but don't pay you what you're worth.

Cons

Constantly calling and emailing, but once you get placed in a job... NO contact, follow up, feedback, NOTHING...

Advice to Management

Weekly check ins with your employees would be great. Ask how THEY are doing and stop worrying about trying to line your pockets.

Oct 9, 2017 – CEO

We are very sorry to see your comments, as we pride ourselves in customer service and follow up. We invite you to reach out to our Director of Personnel Services to discuss your situation, so we may... More

2. "Anxiety Inducing, micromanaged environment"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, besides I worked with some people my own age and that was good for me at the time, being new to the area.

Cons

Many. It was a very cliquey environment and it was aggressively micro managed. Management would randomly go through your emails, would not allow you so much as to look at your cell phone at all during the day unless you were on your lunch, even if you told them your mother was in surgery and you were getting updates on how it was going. I got called into the managers office for having my phone on my desk. This is a true story...it was such a stressful environment to work in everyday and I absolutely dreaded going to work. They had crazy rules such as all food had to be out of the fridge by 4:30 pm daily, no exceptions whatsoever. They made you feel like you signed your name in blood to work with them forever and when I gave my two weeks notice they immediately let me go, wouldn't let me fully pack up my desk and stood over me while I rushed to gather my belongings and leave. I received very rude, insulting feedback when giving my notice, basically saying she didn't believe I'd do well at my new job. I have never been treated like this in my life and it was such a relief to get out of this environment. On top of all of this, I was a college graduate with my bachelors degree and experience, in my late twenties, and they paid me $13.00/hour. It was insulting. You had to get your own insurance and they would reimburse you only a portion of it. People that have worked there forever get preferential treatment, and it's blatantly obvious.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Treat them like adults and with respect and compensate them fairly. Don't manage with intimidation. Less ridiculous rules.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Ideally, every employment match works out, but realistically that isn’t always the case. You weren’t a fit for Cadre, and Cadre wasn’t a fit for you. Best wishes for your ongoing career success!

3. "Everything is by the numbers. Do not realize the humanity of people seeking work."

Pros

Have a great "come-on"-- and polite interviewers.

Cons

They state that they only want the "cream of the crop" but define that as mere metrics rather than candidate education or cultural fit. I suspect that the companies that they represent don't only want servile drones, eschewing anyone with drive or creativity. This is not a good conduit to a 21st century job. Their hiring techniques are very backward and not cutting edge.

Advice to Management

Recruit for companies with an eye to repeat business from those companies. Metrics do not tell the entire story of a candidate. Retention and loyalty are demonstrated by more than numbers. I believe that is what employers really want. Try to deliver that.

Apr 24, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry that you did not find your experience at Cadre to be more positive. Since you posted anonymously, we are unable to reach out to you to discuss your concerns, but we invite you to... More

"Poor Feedback - Not Honest w/ Employees"

Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI

Pros

Flexible job to work on a contract - by - contract basis.

Cons

Staffing Managers are only concerned about making their placement quotas and making their comission on placing an employee in a contract job. The contract employee makes only a small portion of the hourly rate paid to staffing service. Staffing managers are not honest. No personal intrigrity or business ethics!

Advice to Management

Teach your staffing managers the MEANING of honesty and REQUIRE honesty in the behavior of each staffing manager.