Cadre Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Very appreciative!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Cadre in Middleton WI. My rep was Savanna O'Neill, and from the first interview with Cadre staff to the interview with the company they found for me, they were very professional and helpful. I have worked with many employment agencies in the past, and Cadre is the ONLY agency that took the time to interview me and learn about my skill set and desires for a new job. They set up an interview with a great company literally within a week of my first interview at the Cadre office! They were very proactive and helpful and kept me in the loop at all times. I am very appreciative of their professionalism. Cadre is the ONLY agency I've worked with that produces tangible results! I would recommend them 100% without reservation!

Cons

None of my experiences with Cadre were negative!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time in learning your clients! It really makes all the difference!

Oct 13, 2017 – CEO

Thank you so much for the kind words! This is the kind of experience we want everyone to have at Cadre, and what we strive for everyday!

"Poor Feedback - Not Honest w/ Employees"

Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Contract Employee - Office in Appleton, WI

Pros

Flexible job to work on a contract - by - contract basis.

Cons

Staffing Managers are only concerned about making their placement quotas and making their comission on placing an employee in a contract job. The contract employee makes only a small portion of the hourly rate paid to staffing service. Staffing managers are not honest. No personal intrigrity or business ethics!

Advice to Management

Teach your staffing managers the MEANING of honesty and REQUIRE honesty in the behavior of each staffing manager.

3. "Everything is by the numbers. Do not realize the humanity of people seeking work."

Pros

Have a great "come-on"-- and polite interviewers.

Cons

They state that they only want the "cream of the crop" but define that as mere metrics rather than candidate education or cultural fit. I suspect that the companies that they represent don't only want servile drones, eschewing anyone with drive or creativity. This is not a good conduit to a 21st century job. Their hiring techniques are very backward and not cutting edge.

Advice to Management

Recruit for companies with an eye to repeat business from those companies. Metrics do not tell the entire story of a candidate. Retention and loyalty are demonstrated by more than numbers. I believe that is what employers really want. Try to deliver that.

Apr 24, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry that you did not find your experience at Cadre to be more positive. Since you posted anonymously, we are unable to reach out to you to discuss your concerns, but we invite you to... More

4. "Anxiety Inducing, micromanaged environment"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, besides I worked with some people my own age and that was good for me at the time, being new to the area.

Cons

Many. It was a very cliquey environment and it was aggressively micro managed. Management would randomly go through your emails, would not allow you so much as to look at your cell phone at all during the day unless you were on your lunch, even if you told them your mother was in surgery and you were getting updates on how it was going. I got called into the managers office for having my phone on my desk. This is a true story...it was such a stressful environment to work in everyday and I absolutely dreaded going to work. They had crazy rules such as all food had to be out of the fridge by 4:30 pm daily, no exceptions whatsoever. They made you feel like you signed your name in blood to work with them forever and when I gave my two weeks notice they immediately let me go, wouldn't let me fully pack up my desk and stood over me while I rushed to gather my belongings and leave. I received very rude, insulting feedback when giving my notice, basically saying she didn't believe I'd do well at my new job. I have never been treated like this in my life and it was such a relief to get out of this environment. On top of all of this, I was a college graduate with my bachelors degree and experience, in my late twenties, and they paid me $13.00/hour. It was insulting. You had to get your own insurance and they would reimburse you only a portion of it. People that have worked there forever get preferential treatment, and it's blatantly obvious.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Treat them like adults and with respect and compensate them fairly. Don't manage with intimidation. Less ridiculous rules.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Ideally, every employment match works out, but realistically that isn’t always the case. You weren’t a fit for Cadre, and Cadre wasn’t a fit for you. Best wishes for your ongoing career success!

5. "Cadre is only one staffing service to use, WI has many companies to work with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cadre has many, many jobs to place a candidate in, if you are willing to compromise yourself.

Cons

If you are willing to earn less than you were earning at a previous job. If you are willing to sell yourself short....Cadre is the place you can allow yourself to be manipulated and compromise yourself....Cadre is the place for you! Cadre is only one staffing company available to job seekers, check out all of your options before working with Cadre!!!

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Be genuine. Take ownership in what you say you will do and what you tell a candidate you can and will do for them.

Dec 13, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry to see your review. As is generally the case for staffing services, pay rates for our positions are established by the clients. We do try to present our candidates with positions that... More

6. "They don't work to hard at finding positions for me."

Current Employee - Service Representative in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Service Representative in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

N nothing to say at this point

Cons

Nothing to say at this point

Advice to Management

Realize the people need jobs, work harder to find them one.

"Very micro-managing! Other than that it is a great company!!"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people there are fantastic, for the most part. It is a great environment overall, working with great Clients and people.

Cons

Extremely micro-managing and I have heard from friends still there it is only getting worse!! They promise you pay raises that you won't see and they try to monitor everything you do!

Advice to Management

If you say you are going to do something, do it. If you trust your own management techniques and the people you hire you shouldn't have to micro manage. Have trust in your Staff and pay them for what they are worth! My sources tell me you have a lot of unhappy people there if only for those two reasons! Pay the staff you have what they deserve before opening a new branch...oh, sorry, too late for that. And I heard there are favorites, that is why some get special hours and others don't. And now they get to help the management micro-manage what they don't have time to do them selves. That is just sad!

8. "I enjoyed working for Cadre. My supervisor was always very helpful and friendly"

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time

Pros

They were very helpful in finding a position just right for me. They would always be supportive and listened to my needs.

Cons

Temporary employment in my case wasn't ideal. It would have been nice to get hired on permanently but that is not Cadre's fault.

9. "Receptionist/Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time

Pros

They have been good to work for on a temporary basis, I've only had 1 assignment with them.

Cons

No benefits til after 1 year

Aug 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review!

Regarding Cadre’s benefits, full time (30+ hours/week) employees are eligible to enroll in our health insurance plan effective the first of the month after their two... More

10. "Cadre...well done!"

I have been working at Cadre Services part-time

Pros

Being a self taught learner in business applications such as Word, Excel, etc..their skill tests were helpful in getting a skill level back that I was unable to accurately assess just on my own. I was looking for just a part time flexible job but that suited my skill level and Cadre was open to that and immediately started finding options for me! I would recommend them highly!

Cons

Excel test is a bit confusing so read the directions thoroughly, don't think you are doing poorly it's measuring all skill levels. I wish that I could have been put into the position immediately as a direct hire but I understand that being Cadre's employee first before transitioning is how it sometimes works, however I still felt like the company I was hired into was my employer in that they treated me as one of them. Cadre was just my support system and came along side during the transition to direct hire.

Advice to Management

Maybe make the testing for Excel and Word have a sample as well so you know how the system records your answers. The pop up still left you wondering if you didn't do it right or not. My new boss felt a little over checked on about me I think, she was surprised at how many e-mails came at first asking.

Dec 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your Cadre experience! We are happy we could assist in finding you the part time, flexible job you were seeking. We wish you continued success!