Cadre Services Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Very appreciative!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middleton, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with Cadre in Middleton WI. My rep was Savanna O'Neill, and from the first interview with Cadre staff to the interview with the company they found for me, they were very professional and helpful. I have worked with many employment agencies in the past, and Cadre is the ONLY agency that took the time to interview me and learn about my skill set and desires for a new job. They set up an interview with a great company literally within a week of my first interview at the Cadre office! They were very proactive and helpful and kept me in the loop at all times. I am very appreciative of their professionalism. Cadre is the ONLY agency I've worked with that produces tangible results! I would recommend them 100% without reservation!

Cons

None of my experiences with Cadre were negative!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest time in learning your clients! It really makes all the difference!

Oct 13, 2017 – CEO

Thank you so much for the kind words! This is the kind of experience we want everyone to have at Cadre, and what we strive for everyday!

2. "Cadre is only one staffing service to use, WI has many companies to work with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cadre has many, many jobs to place a candidate in, if you are willing to compromise yourself.

Cons

If you are willing to earn less than you were earning at a previous job. If you are willing to sell yourself short....Cadre is the place you can allow yourself to be manipulated and compromise yourself....Cadre is the place for you! Cadre is only one staffing company available to job seekers, check out all of your options before working with Cadre!!!

Advice to Management

Be consistent. Be genuine. Take ownership in what you say you will do and what you tell a candidate you can and will do for them.

Dec 13, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry to see your review. As is generally the case for staffing services, pay rates for our positions are established by the clients. We do try to present our candidates with positions that... More

3. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staffers at Cadre take a personal interest in each of their employees. They check in frequently and truly listen to what you have to say, good or bad. They consistantly give praise when do and are quick to foward on any feedback the company you are working for offers. I have worked with them on several jobs over the last 8 years. I would and have highly recommended Cadre to all my friends and family. There is no other staffing agency I would work with.

Cons

Pay scales can be a little low at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Dec 13, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the 5 star review!

Thank you also for the feedback regarding the pay scales. Pay rates for positions are established by the clients. We do try to present positions that meet what... More

4. "Cadre...well done!"

I have been working at Cadre Services part-time

Pros

Being a self taught learner in business applications such as Word, Excel, etc..their skill tests were helpful in getting a skill level back that I was unable to accurately assess just on my own. I was looking for just a part time flexible job but that suited my skill level and Cadre was open to that and immediately started finding options for me! I would recommend them highly!

Cons

Excel test is a bit confusing so read the directions thoroughly, don't think you are doing poorly it's measuring all skill levels. I wish that I could have been put into the position immediately as a direct hire but I understand that being Cadre's employee first before transitioning is how it sometimes works, however I still felt like the company I was hired into was my employer in that they treated me as one of them. Cadre was just my support system and came along side during the transition to direct hire.

Advice to Management

Maybe make the testing for Excel and Word have a sample as well so you know how the system records your answers. The pop up still left you wondering if you didn't do it right or not. My new boss felt a little over checked on about me I think, she was surprised at how many e-mails came at first asking.

Dec 4, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for sharing your Cadre experience! We are happy we could assist in finding you the part time, flexible job you were seeking. We wish you continued success!

5. "Receptionist/Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at Cadre Services full-time

Pros

They have been good to work for on a temporary basis, I've only had 1 assignment with them.

Cons

No benefits til after 1 year

Aug 30, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review!

Regarding Cadre’s benefits, full time (30+ hours/week) employees are eligible to enroll in our health insurance plan effective the first of the month after their two... More

6. "A fantastic company to work for!"

Former Employee - Former Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Former Staffing Coordinator

I worked at Cadre Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked internally at Cadre for a few years. It had great management style and a wonderful learning environment. It was always a positive environment with lots of advice on how to better ourselves as a company overall. Our number one goal was to satisfy the customers- whether it was the Client or the Applicant. No micro-managing at all, very well managed with lots of communication from the CEO, to the Director of Staffing, even amongst our teams. It was very heavily based on teamwork and doing the best we can to service our applicants and clients in everything we do. When someone would call us looking for a job, it was truly amazing to watch the whole process happen from start to finish. I felt that management was there for me when I needed to ask questions, would give raises as they said they would, provided great benefits, and would be flexible for situations that would arise. I knew they cared for me as an individual and my success as a not only a Cadre employee, but as a person no matter where my career led me.

Cons

None, it if wasn't for a change in career due to my interest, I would still be working there!

Advice to Management

No advice- keep up the great work! I am thankful this business has been around for 23 years to service the Oshkosh, Appleton, Green Bay, and Madison areas. Thank you for helping me grow into the person I am today and teaching me lifelong skills of the importance of communication and teamwork.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Thank you very much for the kind words!

7. "Anxiety Inducing, micromanaged environment"

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Appleton, WI

I worked at Cadre Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, besides I worked with some people my own age and that was good for me at the time, being new to the area.

Cons

Many. It was a very cliquey environment and it was aggressively micro managed. Management would randomly go through your emails, would not allow you so much as to look at your cell phone at all during the day unless you were on your lunch, even if you told them your mother was in surgery and you were getting updates on how it was going. I got called into the managers office for having my phone on my desk. This is a true story...it was such a stressful environment to work in everyday and I absolutely dreaded going to work. They had crazy rules such as all food had to be out of the fridge by 4:30 pm daily, no exceptions whatsoever. They made you feel like you signed your name in blood to work with them forever and when I gave my two weeks notice they immediately let me go, wouldn't let me fully pack up my desk and stood over me while I rushed to gather my belongings and leave. I received very rude, insulting feedback when giving my notice, basically saying she didn't believe I'd do well at my new job. I have never been treated like this in my life and it was such a relief to get out of this environment. On top of all of this, I was a college graduate with my bachelors degree and experience, in my late twenties, and they paid me $13.00/hour. It was insulting. You had to get your own insurance and they would reimburse you only a portion of it. People that have worked there forever get preferential treatment, and it's blatantly obvious.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire. Treat them like adults and with respect and compensate them fairly. Don't manage with intimidation. Less ridiculous rules.

Jun 16, 2017 – CEO

Ideally, every employment match works out, but realistically that isn’t always the case. You weren’t a fit for Cadre, and Cadre wasn’t a fit for you. Best wishes for your ongoing career success!

8. "Everything is by the numbers. Do not realize the humanity of people seeking work."

Pros

Have a great "come-on"-- and polite interviewers.

Cons

They state that they only want the "cream of the crop" but define that as mere metrics rather than candidate education or cultural fit. I suspect that the companies that they represent don't only want servile drones, eschewing anyone with drive or creativity. This is not a good conduit to a 21st century job. Their hiring techniques are very backward and not cutting edge.

Advice to Management

Recruit for companies with an eye to repeat business from those companies. Metrics do not tell the entire story of a candidate. Retention and loyalty are demonstrated by more than numbers. I believe that is what employers really want. Try to deliver that.

Apr 24, 2017 – CEO

We are sorry that you did not find your experience at Cadre to be more positive. Since you posted anonymously, we are unable to reach out to you to discuss your concerns, but we invite you to... More

9. "Cadre Helped Me Find My New Career"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Assistant in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Assistant in Neenah, WI

Pros

The staff at Cadre was very professional and helpful from the moment I walked in the door. They treated me as priority and kept me updated with available employment opportunities. They listened to my requests and worked with my skillset to find the perfect position for me. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Cadre and would definitely recommend their services to anyone looking to seek a professional career!

Cons

You'll need to be patient in your search for success.

"Awesome Staffing Agency"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist

Pros

Very professional and warm atmosphere. Would continue to present me job opportunities until I found one suitable for me. Stayed in touch and made sure I was comfortable and my needs were met.

Cons

None whatsoever! I had a great and positive experience working with Cadre.

Advice to Management

Keep providing outstanding staffing services!