Cadreon Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 20, 2019

3.4
Erica Schmidt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Fun and inclusive team, knowledge sharing environment, career development opportunities, and a strong work/life balance" (in 9 reviews)

• "Happy hours 1x a week and sometimes get free lunch" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance doesn’t exist" (in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management seems to be absent" (in 4 reviews)

"Great team, great place to work"

Current Employee - Associate, Programmatic Strategy in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Associate, Programmatic Strategy in Birmingham, MI

Pros

Cons

To other teams within the agency, Cadreon isn't seen as serious or professional at times

Advice to Management

More communication, as of now weekly status meetings are often cancelled

"Great people, products and balance!"

Current Employee - Marketing Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and team-building
    Challenging and stimulating work – diversity of projects and assignments!
    A very welcoming/nurturing senior management team

Cons

There are occasional late nights to meet client deadlines, but the end result is always worth it!

Advice to Management

Management puts its talent first – offering a wide array of programs, resource groups and trainings. This open environment makes everyone feel comfortable and welcome.

"A Company that Says they Care and Actually Means It"

Current Employee - Vice President, Programmatic in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President, Programmatic in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Leadership treats employees like humans first and workers second
    -Those who work hard, are team players, and demonstrate their commitment to the organization, are given recognition in many different ways (promotions, bonuses, internal awards, etc.)
    -Egos are not tolerated—expectations are the same for everyone, no matter the title
    -Unlimited Time Off (and taking time off really is encouraged)
    -The staff are some of the hardest-working, most intelligent people in the industry
    -Very diverse, big-name client roster no matter which office you’re in
    -Global mobility program offers employees a chance to work out of a different office, often for several months

Cons

-No guaranteed annual cost of living increase
    -Maintaining proper staffing can be a challenge (doing more with less isn’t always a sustainable solution)
    -Lack of brand identity in offices outside of NY
    -Non-NY offices sometimes feel forgotten about

Advice to Management

Increased collaboration across regions and offices could not only benefit business but also help the non-NY offices to not feel like they’re forgotten.

Solidify a clear and visual brand identity in other offices outside of NY, so that all employees feel connected to the organization.

"Sinking ship due to poor leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Cadreon full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free bagels on Thursdays, free fruit and snacks. There are some great people at the company.

Cons

Unfortunately, your experience at this company is heavily dependent on which team you join. If you're put on a team with bad leadership, this is what you can expect:

-Very high levels of paranoia on the team. People are suspicious and distrusting. Managers will frequently ask their subordinates if they're interviewing. Managers also keep tabs on people's locations if they're not at their seat (often by asking other team members where people are, even if they don't need anything from the people who are gone). Leadership will also sometimes look over people's shoulders, trying to read private messages.
    -Being yelled at and having to tiptoe around leadership because leadership is very prone to tantrums
    -Being used as a pawn so that leadership can brag about their power over you. Leadership loves making sure you know that they are much more senior than you and will use intimidation and belittling tactics to make you feel like you don't matter and are easily replaceable.
    -Leadership loves people who talk the loudest. People who are more quiet but do actual good work are left to rot. No attention is paid to them even though they're usually the best workers and genuinely care about improving results.
    -Leadership will force you to go to company events to make themselves look good by boosting their participation numbers. It's all about face time, and they don't care if you have actual work to do.
    -Leadership are salespeople. They are not technical.
    -Leadership will ask you to reach out to your vendor contacts to get free tickets to events
    -Leadership will make inappropriate comments, often about gender or personal relationships. Leadership doesn't recognize the typical workplace boundaries.

I feel so dirty working at this company because leadership is so sleazy. Stay far away from here if you want to keep your sanity or if you value a healthy team dynamic. People are fleeing in droves for good reason.

Advice to Management

Take complaints more seriously. A lot of good people are leaving due to poor leadership, and the ship is sinking, fast.

"Amazing Culture and People"

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Campaign Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Campaign Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture, I have never worked for a company that encourages and puts such an important weight on employee education and learning. Team leads encourage you to take training's to help your own growth, while Cadreon provides training's to our Agency partners to help encourage our Agencies growth as well. Cadreon is tight knit group where everyone is inclusive, approachable and willing to help in any way they can

There is always something going on in the office from weekly lunch and learns to happy hours, which gives the office a great vibe and makes it a fun and enjoyable place to work

No matter what level you are your voice is heard, our VP makes himself available to hear any suggestions or concerns and makes it his priority to invest in and develop everyone on the team to ensure they are growing and reaching their potential

Cons

There may be a few late nights but the payoff at the end outweighs this con, Senior leadership strides to make sure employees are rewarded for their hard work

Advice to Management

As we grow as a company continue to help also grow the family feel of the office and promoting that employee growth is a priority by investing in them

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, MI
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, MI

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great climate to work in. Out of the agencies I've worked at, I can say this has been by far the best work experience.

Cons

Parking can be difficult at times, but that could happen anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"A place to learn, develop, and grow"

Current Employee - Coordinator, Campaign Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator, Campaign Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Inclusive and welcoming work environment, with opportunity to learn and develop skills beneficial to all roles within media.
    Regardless of role or experience level your opinions and concerns are heard by upper management, who are very willing to take time to meet with employees and hear their concerns.
    Dynamic and technology-agnostic company which allows for a great variety in the type of day to day work and allows for employees to ecome well-versed in a variety of media trading, measurement, and data management platforms.
    Plenty of opportunity to network within the digital media and programmatic industry.
    Provide all employees opportunities to discuss various topics which have traditionally been difficult to discuss or just not discussed at all.

Cons

Longer hours during holiday seasons and end of year.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote inclusion and diversity in the work place.
    Maintain the environment and culture of low power distance, which encourages employees and lower management to speak up about concerns and office culture.

"Campaign Management"

I have been working at Cadreon full-time

Pros

Cadreon is a collaborative team that takes care of their employees. The team is full of resources that allow the company to be competitive in the programmatic landscape. It's a great place to have a career and grow.

Cons

Since it's a very analytical position, it can take time to adjust and become comfortable in your role.

"Endless Learning and Career Focused Growth"

Current Employee - Coordinator, Programmatic Strategist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Coordinator, Programmatic Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Cadreon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been empowered my team to take the lead on projects (literally) from day 1. During these past months, I was given the opportunity to create programmatic media plans for multiple brands across our accounts for both Q4 of 2018 and 2019. I helped my team onboard our new account and off-boarding my first account, to another team here at Cadreon. I have presented Programmatic 101s to internal IPG agencies and analytic teams. But most important to me, I have learned every single day from projects, people, weekly "Lunch and Learns", and from participating in multiple training's through IPG’s Learning and Development programs to further evolve my professional skills.

Cons

Since there is always something going on in-house and out of the office (lunch and learns, happy hours, training, guest speakers, etc.) coming into the building you are going to miss something!

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the family feel of the office and continue to find new ways to make people the priority by investing in them both professionally and personally!

"Overly political"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

Pros

Some of the people are great.

Cons

Lots of politics. Good work not always rewarded. Little loyalty