Caesars Entertainment Reviews in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Caesars Entertainment President and CEO Mark Frissora
Mark Frissora

Pros
  • Union paycheck, good benefits trough culinary (in 58 reviews)

• great benefits and good supervisors (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance in industry, location (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management not helping their managers they expect you to do what other department wish even if it is wrong or costs your department (in 44 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work for."

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Loyalty to their employees, Benefits, Compensation, Education advancement, reinvestment into their employees

Cons

Challenging rules and processes due to gaming regulations, Strong Unions, Very tenured employees

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and build loyalty by always doing the right thing.

2. "Accounting"

Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ample opportunity for growth, advancement and movement

Cons

You need to apply for promotions

Advice to Management

Change the promotion policy to award deserving, hard working employees

Apr 12, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you for your review and appreciate the feedback - We post promotions so that all team members have the chance to be considered but we'll take a look at it. We want to make our deserving team ... More

3. "Company review"

Former Employee - Contract Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Contract Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a whole the company is fine. Continuously changing and growing to make the company better and inviting to the customer. The CEO held regular all hands meetings for employees to keep them informed.

Cons

Didn't like how HR handled layoffs. There was no notice and escorted employees off premises.

5. "Excellent opportunities at Caesars Entertainment"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation and excellent benefits on top of that. Great people and work environment. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Some positions are not able to play at Caesars properties.

Advice to Management

Many firms are seeking students early in their coursework. As a junior, many of my peers had signed employment contracts. Cultivating relationships with freshmen/sophomores is critical to getting new grads to Caesars.

Apr 5, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you so much for your review! Very glad to hear that you're having a great experience working on the Audit team! Your advice on college recruiting is helpful - That's a great point of view and ... More

6. "Not Horrible"

Former Employee - Banquet Chef in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Banquet Chef in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, Great if you plan on long term employment

Cons

Old school seniority system, takes a long time to move up, very right wing

Advice to Management

It is not 1950

7. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, laid back colleagues, future outlook emphasized, EDR

Cons

Somewhat disorganized, lack of transparency

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you for your review! As an organization, we value open and honest communication and will continue to improve the way that we communicate with our teams transparently. We appreciate the feedback!

8. "Management needs to do better"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Networking
    Caesars looks good on resume

Cons

Incompetent management
    Favortisim
    Lack of confidentiality
    Low pay rate
    Management only cares about self

Advice to Management

Your team is a reflection of you. Promote those who are equipped to be leads

9. "Bloated"

Former Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Iconic buisness, wide portfolio, caesars palace for goodness sake!

Cons

bloated in department tops at corporate, practically no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

put concrete plans for managers to get promoted / increase their salary.

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

corporate group is great to work with; easy access to management and upper level management, most are very responsive. Great culture and everyone is super friendly and nice. They really do go out of their way to work to make everyone feel included and a part of the team. We have great leadership with corporate group!

Cons

IT challenges; 401K not as competitive as other industry leaders but comparable to other casino properties

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work; the culture is growing and changing and it is a sign of great things to come

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you for the review! Very glad to hear that you're enjoying your experience here and with the team - We are thrilled about the future of the company too and will continue to keep our culture and ... More

"Caesars AML, It's all about Quality over Quantity...Just kidding!"

Former Employee - AML SAR Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - AML SAR Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The option to work 4 10 hour work weeks, a new building, ample parking, wifi available and FREE water, coffee or tea!

Cons

When I was initially hired there was no formal training just a basic shadowing of an analyst till they got to busy to train and then you were on your own. Management at this point in time was just ok since we have yet to be bombarded with new properties that the VP kept pushing for us to take over to keep FinCEN happy after all the violations the company received. This is where issues started, this is massive hiring of unqualified people started, this is where management and their "Top" analysts threw a training slideshow together. This new "training program" showed nothing new that an AML Analyst shouldn't of already of known. But since the VP was pushing for more work than the current staff could handle the management team hired people that had no AML experience just to fill desks and do the most basic of reviews. At this point new managers were added to the team. These two new managers were night and day from each other. One new manager, with his fake accent, was all about making pets to do his bidding and butt kissing. If you know how to suck up you would be his friend forever and if you were his friend you could get away with being just plain stupid and doing as they wished. This manager loved to micromanage his team that didn't kiss up to him and would track breaks and bathroom breaks and if he wasn't available he had his two favorite pets watch you. I'm surprised this manager is still with the company since he has already had 3 HR complaints against him. This other manager (backlog) that was hired is the complete opposite of the prior manager I mentioned. This manager of the backlog team is not the type to micromanage his team, he feels if you meet your requirements and have a high quality rating you shouldn't be watched like a hawk. This manager makes you not hate your job as much. I was transferred to this managers team after issues with the fake accent manger. If this didn't happen I would of left the company a long time ago. Even though backlog manager made work bearable the work was still tedious and mind numbing. Management was big on analysts using a template to do your required reviews. This place will drive you crazy if all you do is stare at a computer for 10 hours a day using a template to do your work. There is no time for in-depth reviews of accounts or is it encouraged for analysts to do this. This team is on a mission to hire and promote from outside the company and pass on more then qualified people on the team, which there are very few of. The turnaround rate for this team is something I've never seen. There is less than a handful of the original team still onboard, but most are actively looking to leave.

Advice to Management

First, get rid of these analysts that have no business being in this department. Second, get rid of manager(s) that do nothing but bring the team down in spirits. Third, the VP needs to stop with this big rush on consolidation of all Caesars properties till the team is properly staffed with QUALIFIED staff. Also, Human Resources needs to fully understand what harassment is. When a complaint is made do not tell the person filing the complaint that harassment can only be harassment if its sexual (this is what I was told).