Caesars Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017
1,000 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,000 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Union paycheck, good benefits trough culinary (in 58 reviews)

• great benefits and good supervisors (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Hard to maintain healthy work life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Upper management not helping their managers they expect you to do what other department wish even if it is wrong or costs your department (in 44 reviews)

"Caesars AML, It's all about Quality over Quantity...Just kidding!"

Former Employee - AML SAR Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - AML SAR Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The option to work 4 10 hour work weeks, a new building, ample parking, wifi available and FREE water, coffee or tea!

Cons

When I was initially hired there was no formal training just a basic shadowing of an analyst till they got to busy to train and then you were on your own. Management at this point in time was just ok since we have yet to be bombarded with new properties that the VP kept pushing for us to take over to keep FinCEN happy after all the violations the company received. This is where issues started, this is massive hiring of unqualified people started, this is where management and their "Top" analysts threw a training slideshow together. This new "training program" showed nothing new that an AML Analyst shouldn't of already of known. But since the VP was pushing for more work than the current staff could handle the management team hired people that had no AML experience just to fill desks and do the most basic of reviews. At this point new managers were added to the team. These two new managers were night and day from each other. One new manager, with his fake accent, was all about making pets to do his bidding and butt kissing. If you know how to suck up you would be his friend forever and if you were his friend you could get away with being just plain stupid and doing as they wished. This manager loved to micromanage his team that didn't kiss up to him and would track breaks and bathroom breaks and if he wasn't available he had his two favorite pets watch you. I'm surprised this manager is still with the company since he has already had 3 HR complaints against him. This other manager (backlog) that was hired is the complete opposite of the prior manager I mentioned. This manager of the backlog team is not the type to micromanage his team, he feels if you meet your requirements and have a high quality rating you shouldn't be watched like a hawk. This manager makes you not hate your job as much. I was transferred to this managers team after issues with the fake accent manger. If this didn't happen I would of left the company a long time ago. Even though backlog manager made work bearable the work was still tedious and mind numbing. Management was big on analysts using a template to do your required reviews. This place will drive you crazy if all you do is stare at a computer for 10 hours a day using a template to do your work. There is no time for in-depth reviews of accounts or is it encouraged for analysts to do this. This team is on a mission to hire and promote from outside the company and pass on more then qualified people on the team, which there are very few of. The turnaround rate for this team is something I've never seen. There is less than a handful of the original team still onboard, but most are actively looking to leave.

Advice to Management

First, get rid of these analysts that have no business being in this department. Second, get rid of manager(s) that do nothing but bring the team down in spirits. Third, the VP needs to stop with this big rush on consolidation of all Caesars properties till the team is properly staffed with QUALIFIED staff. Also, Human Resources needs to fully understand what harassment is. When a complaint is made do not tell the person filing the complaint that harassment can only be harassment if its sexual (this is what I was told).

2. "Decent job, less than decent management"

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liked my immediate supervisors and the people I worked with on a daily basis. Everyone generally was available to help. Good benefits.

Cons

Upper management did not seem to care about taking care of the employees, only focused on the bottom line. (at least under the old regime)

3. "public relations"

Former Employee - Public Relations in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Public Relations in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great learning experience and good way to network with media

Cons

they work you a lot with little pay

Advice to Management

they should think about paying their employees more in order for them to stay

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Appreciate you for taking the time to share a review - It's nice to hear that you enjoyed the opportunity to learn the business and the exposure to media. We will consider your feedback in the cons ... More

5. "box office agent"

Former Employee - Box Office Agent in East Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Box Office Agent in East Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice people work with. ok properties.

Cons

no movement out of this department stuck .

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you for your review - I always love reading the reviews that highlight our awesome teams! I am sorry that you felt stuck in the role you were in. Through our internal jobs site (and external ... More

"AML SAR Analyst"

Current Employee - AML SAR Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - AML SAR Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Benefits, 4 day work week!

Cons

Toxic environment full of hatred and incompetent management. They hired managers that had no experience with AML and were threatened by anybody that had experience. People with 15 years of experience with Caesars ended their career in this department due to the incredible incompetence and lack of respect. You will go to a staff meeting with a manager obsessing over people taking too long in the bathroom, leaving early, not producing by deadlines and threatening to fire everyone to start over then a director walks in mid meeting to take over and she will tell everyone how proud she is of everyone. This kind of dissonance is what causes a lot of inner turmoil and stress. Practically everybody on this SAR team is updating their resumes on various sites. They have an IT Department that can barely set up employee profiles and access and they are getting ready to abandon Resort Advantage and ASARA? Ohh and a manager on this committee to help facilitate this change is also the same guy that gets freaked out in the morning when his computer does a standard update!! If you are on this team Good luck, if you are thinking of joining this team STAY AWAY! The money is not worth the lunacy.

Advice to Management

Eliminate half the managers, cut down on the meetings, hire from within and value those with experience. Teach the analysts not just what they are doing but why they are doing it. Take an attitude of "We want you to succeed with us or even without us and we want to teach you well enough that you will be valuable and wanted as an employee" They don't teach analysts and they keep them in the dark which limits their opportunities. If they had a better attitude and stop shaking things up , changing little things within standardization , etc... they would increase productivity, morale, etc.... I am very confused as to how you expect to pass an audit of any sort when everything changes from week to week? Did anybody pay attention in their accounting classes when the term "Consistent" came up? Oh yeah that is right some of the managers only have associates degree's or degree's of psychology!

7. "Upper management not trust worthy"

Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers , teams in the pod are the best, middle management on point, They get their teams and complete everything on time under cost.

Cons

Advice to Management

Back your team Get both sides of a story before you just blame them.

Mar 6, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

I appreciate you for taking the time to leave a review and glad to hear that you and your team work well together to get the job done. If you would be open to meeting with your local HR or Employee ... More

8. "Avoid"

Current Employee - Analytics Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Analytics Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Crappy discounts at Caesars owned properties

Cons

Literally everything. Would not wish Caesars employment upond my worst enemy.

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

As an organization, we value feedback so that we can learn from it and improve - We do this formally for our guests who leave reviews online and for our team members who leave reviews here and via ... More

"Analytics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great VP at the time. Unfortunately he's shifted out of analytics.

Cons

Very hierarchical, low pay for the hours that you put in - do not expect an 8 hour day. Mobility to move up in the company depends greatly on the department that you are in, needs more consistency in place. The president of analytics is apathetic to the employees and is very fond of himself as he went to HBS (in which, many others did as well).

The turnover rate is very high. Management should rethink how they operate.

Advice to Management

More freedom across all departments, suggest higher-pay or higher-bonus, or more vacation days, or something to keep employees happy.

Mar 27, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share a thorough review. We will share your notes with the leadership team so that we can look into the concerns you've listed and consider the Advice to Management ... More

10. "Not a happy work place"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was pretty competitive for the casino industry. The benefits were also pretty good.

Cons

Management- pressure, not sure they knew what they were doing
    Morale- low; had to work weekends; lots of turnover
    Not a lot of diversity in the workplace.
    They moved us to an off-site location, so no EDR...

Advice to Management

Be nice to your employees.

"CRM Coordinator"

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot, general office and people experience gained. Hired with minimal experience and trained from the ground up. Ability to own and manage our own projects with much guidance from supervisors. Awesome coworkers all around similar ages - very easy to coordinate and ask for help from anyone.

Cons

No set training program in place - mostly trained by coworkers instead of supervisor. No transparency in the company. Always changed programs and projects at the last minute so work had to be re-done. Depending on the supervisor working late hours happened often. It was difficult to request to use the PTO you were given. Need to use PTO for holidays. Office was dingey bland and no windows on the entire floor.

Advice to Management

Take more pride in nurturing your employees so they will want to stay. A sense of recognition and importance would help the office morale. No one felt needed and the job felt mundane so doing small things to make it exciting or interesting would help.

Jan 23, 2017 – Director of Corporate Human Resources

This is a very helpful review - Thank you for taking the time to share both the pros and the cons. I'm glad to hear that you gained good experience from the role and enjoyed working with our awesome ... More

Showing 1,000 of 1,014 reviews