Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews about "casino"

Updated Dec 2, 2020

3.7
Caesars Entertainment CEO    Tony Rodio
Tony Rodio
Pros
Cons
  • "It's a casino so of course long hectic hours(in 92 reviews)

• "Poor work/life balance due to uncertain work hours(in 76 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Caesars Entertainment and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "casino"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Entertainment in Shreveport Bossier"

Current Employee - Cage Manager in Bossier City, LA

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The casino industry in Shreveport/Bossier area is one of the few better paying employers. There is opportunity for advancement. This is the entertainment industry so there is excitement and ability to meet other people often.

Cons

It is a smoke friendly environment, so you smell bad when you leave. Dealing with intoxicated, customers that may be losing money becomes old.

2. "Pretty good job."

Current Employee - Casino Operations Supervisor

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good place to work for.

Cons

Casino is a 24hr business, not much of a life

3. "Toxic Culture, Job Insecurity, and High Turnover"

1.0
    Former Employee - Table Games Dealer in Murphy, NC

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time

Pros

- Health insurance, dental insurance, and vision insurance are all offered after the 90 day probation period with varying levels of coverage.

Cons

- Before I began working at Harrah's Valley River, I was unable to find any in depth reviews about what the experience is like working at this casino. That alone probably should've been a red flag, but I was desperate for a job and I accepted the offer. I have been employed for a short time now, but I am already planning a swift exit due to reasons I will discuss below. - 1. The Culture - I was asked several times during the interview process if I had a thick skin. I thought it was an odd question for a job interview until I got to experience firsthand how fellow employees as well as TGC employees treat one another. Coworkers will openly insult you and roast you on the casino floor, and everyone is always trashing each other like it's a joke. If you complain about it or stand up for yourself then you're seen as weak and sensitive. If you don't want to have to worry every time you turn around that someone in your department is complaining about you to your manager trying to sabotage you and get you fired, then this may not be the right place for you. People will attack you personally and try to take you out if you're seen as a threat or unlikable. New employees should expect to be hazed, and I would liken it to the hazing that goes on in the military with new recruits. - 2. Overall Structure - You would think working at a casino would be laid back and casual, however the structure, much like the suck it up culture is also comparable to that of the military. Before you are trained for your job, you will be grilled on what you can't do for days if not weeks. Simple things can get you sent home without pay or written up. One coworker even told me that if you don't get written up then you aren't doing your job because everyone gets written up all the time. Having to worry about losing your job every day or getting sent home is not an ideal work environment to be in. They have an entire surveillance team dedicated to monitoring employees. You have to be careful how you handle cash in the casino and they make you hold it in the air when you walk through the building for the cameras. - 3. Hiring Process - When you are initially hired, usually HR schedules an appointment date and time for you to fill out paperwork and complete your drug test. The paperwork is mostly background information you are required to provide to the Tribal Gaming Commission. The gaming application through TGC is about 10 pages long, and you are required to sign a legal contract that they can deduct the $250 ''background investigation fee'' from your paycheck over a series of 5 deductions or any remaining pay you have left if you quit. This means that if you quit your first week on the job and you only made $200 before quitting that they would keep your entire paycheck to compensate for the TGC investigation fee, yet another red flag. - 4. Attendance - Each employee has a maximum of 10 attendance points that you are allotted to use, and going over this amount can and will get you terminated. New employees have to go through a 90 day ''probation period'' where you only have 5 attendance points and can be terminated if you go over 5 points. No call no show gets you immediately terminated, and this is because it looks better for them to say they terminated a bunch of people then people quitting all the time and not coming back. - 5. Turnover - HR is constantly bringing in new recruits through job fairs and local recruiting events. People come in by the droves and leave just as quickly, so there is a constant stream of new people. The fact that people have either been working at this casino for several years or they just started days/weeks/a month ago indicates the turnover is very bad. During new hire orientation, you listen to a speech about ''casting a shadow'' where someone explains to you that it is up to you to project an upbeat and positive image at work. After the presentation, the speaker explained to me that the casino apparently hired a multi-million dollar, high level marketing firm to help them because the turnover was so bad and people were leaving due to the culture of this workplace. The orientation is mainly meant to sell this job to you, and then when you actually start working here you realize you were ripped off. - 6. Issues With Payroll - They still haven't paid me for 2 weeks of work. I don't work for free and that is illegal.

Continue reading
  4. "Would not recommend to any of my friends unless they literally just need an income"

2.0
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. free food in the employee dining room 2. free access to the fitness center 3. ability to shadow and connect with other departments you may have interest in 4. hotel and entertainment discounts

Cons

1. Physical Work environment - No windows unless you are in an extremely senior role. There is also a lack of spaces to walk around/sit outside and take a break or have lunch. You can walk around the casino however it is full of smoke. 2. Company culture. Overall pretty toxic. Also there is so much favoritism. 3. The food in the employee dining room is overall very unhealthy. My stomach actually hurt many times after eating there.

Continue reading
  5. "The people you work with and for are well worth it."

Current Employee - Security Supervisor in North Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

4o1k, Paid Time off, education reimbursement,

Cons

point employment system, smaller casino in the enterprise.

6. "okay place to work"

Former Employee - Security

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is plenty room for advancement due to the large corporation

Cons

It's a casino so of course long hectic hours

7. "Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time

Pros

Get to meet people from all over the world Gain multitasking skills Get some commission based on upgraded rooms

Cons

Casino oversells ALL the time which means you have to deal with angry guests when you do not have a room they booked for. Hours are not ideal unless you work there for 10+ years. You'll get a Grave or Swing shift During later shifts, you're usually understaffed

8. COVID-19

"Great Slot Department at the Linq"

Current Employee - Slot Attendant

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment part-time

Pros

Treated as a professional, supervisors worked to get me hours

Cons

Corona Virus has changed the casino industry and all involved well into the distant future

9. "Average Job"

Former Employee - Direct Marketing Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than a year

Pros

-introduction into the gaming/casino world -worked with a very diverse group of people with varying backgrounds -able to be creative

Cons

-benefits were subpar -wasn't very busy

10. "Great work experience"

Former Employee - Waitress in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Caesars Entertainment part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great management, easy to work with

Cons

late nights for casino hours

Viewing 1 - 10 of 172 English Reviews