Caesars Entertainment "casino" Reviews | Glassdoor

Caesars Entertainment Employee Reviews about "casino"

Updated Oct 7, 2019

3.5
Caesars Entertainment CEO    Tony Rodio
Tony Rodio
Pros
  • "good benefits and a great work enviorment(in 105 reviews)

• "Great connections and a great way to get into hotel management or casino marketing(in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working in a casino is hard work but rewarding(in 81 reviews)

• "Work life balance is sometimes an issue(in 67 reviews)

Reviews about "casino"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Table Games is the best department"

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I meet new people everyday... this is the easiest job I ever had and upper management is absolutely awesome

Cons

The casino is a 24/7 business... your first few years seems like you don't have a social life

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...I appreciate everything you guys do

Caesars Entertainment2019-07-24
  2. "Just ok"

I worked at Caesars Entertainment

Pros

chill, live music, casino, Fun

Cons

Long hours, alcohol, cigarettes gambling

Advice to Management

Empower your people

Caesars Entertainment2019-10-07

"Wouldn't do it now with sale of Company likely"

Former Employee - IT Professional in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Use to be a great company to work for. Great pay and rewarded employees well (prior to recession in 2008).

Cons

Was a good company when it was Harrah's, but they became greedy trying to become the giant casino company.

Advice to Management

It's to late now, especially if you sell out to Eldorado

Caesars Entertainment2019-07-30
  4. "Fast pace and lots of things to juggle"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits. Good people that you work with. Can be exciting and interesting working at a casino. Good job security. They do have the ability for lateral movement in different departments.

Cons

Working on holidays, weekends. Working in a smoky environment. Never enough people to complete the jobs and short staffed.

Advice to Management

Always adding more and more to peoples plates will eventually cause them to fall.

Caesars Entertainment2019-07-05

"Caesars - No longer an ideal company for a career"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Digital Marketing in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are good or better than other casinos

Cons

poor management, running it into the ground by cutting staff to lean to perform well and provide customer service

Caesars Entertainment2019-04-22
  6. "Outdated technology and thinking"

Former Employee - Loyalty Agent in Metropolis, IL

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers, good discounts, free meals

Cons

This company has some terrible policies that don't make sense and made our jobs incredibly difficult. When we voiced concern about these, we were often shut down and told to deal with it. For the industry, most of the technology we used is very outdated (at least at my location). Nearly every other casino I've been to allows customers to check their offers and get new players' cards through a single machine. The kiosks at my location are near useless and customers are confused because they only work at certain times for promotions. The software used to book hotel rooms looks and feels like it was made in the 80s. Bonuses are BS. Instead of the possibility of a cash bonus, employees can earn credits toward items purchased through the company. I would rather be able to use cash for an emergency or bills than get something that I don't need. Having a quota for Visa sales was also very frustrating. I don't want to have to sell Visas just because if I don't it makes the managers look bad.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front-end employees. I always felt like my opinion on how we operate is overlooked because of where I am on the totem pole. And take down some of the posters in the employee-only areas. The amount of posters around talking about how well you treat your employees feels more like propaganda.

Caesars Entertainment2019-04-06
  7. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Surveillance Lead in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to learn and build your resume. If you want, you could learn something new everyday. Everyone in the Surveillance department is friendly and willing to help. The Employee Dinner Room is good and cheap. Very fun and fast past.

Cons

There is very little room for advancement in the Surveillance Department. The Department does a good job at trying to have a good Work / Life Balance but its a Casino open 24/7, 365 days a year and your expected to work nights, holidays, weekends. The Benefits are awful.

Caesars Entertainment2019-02-28

"Better than the rest!"

Current Employee - Table Games Supervisor in Hammond, IN

I have been working at Caesars Entertainment full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked at other casinos. Let me start with that. The benefits are good. They keep adding more. Human Resources is very helpful and the table games department at the Horseshoe Hammond property is amazing. They have an open door policy and really try to work with the employees. Every job is exactly what you make it. If you are positive and put in the effort you will get everything out of this place that you put in. You have to remember that you are there to provide good guest service. If you can't do that, it's not the job for you. If you are able to provide our guests with a great experience and have fun while you work, come and work for this company. I can give many examples why this company is better than the rest. Here is one, I had a close friend pass away a few years ago who was a part-time employee and also a co-worker and they paid for his entire funeral. Even though he opted out of benefits. I've never heard of any company doing that. They really step up when it matters and it really helped his family. They believe in diversity. They promote from within. I've been here for over 10 years and they really put a lot into their employees. Most of the people who leave try to come back.

Cons

There isn't much that I can complain about.

Advice to Management

I love the managers. Even the managers and directors at the highest level on property make an effort to connect with all of the employees. Keep it up.

Caesars Entertainment2019-01-17

"Walmart of casinos"

I worked at Caesars Entertainment part-time

Pros

The money is ok, but you use it to pay for medication to deal with the stress.

Cons

The company treats you like a number. The favoritism, sexism, racism and unprofessional staff I encountered at this company was astounding. No safety, rampant misogyny, favoritism, stressful work environment.... it’s was the biggest corporate churn of a casino that I have ever worked at. Save yourself the headaches that come with working here.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting managers based on how good they are in bed. Stop half training people who lack the intellectual capacity to do the job. Math proficiency is required and should be a requirement. Weed out your alcoholic drug using crooked managers and hire people with industry knowledge. So many things that are all going to cause more and more loss of revenue and customer dissatisfaction that I can’t even list them all.

Caesars Entertainment2018-12-19
  10. "Lifeguard at Caesar's Palace"

Former Employee - LIfe Guard in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Caesars Entertainment full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a job and a paycheck. It's a fairly easy job, sit on stand and don't let kids drown. Other duties include picking up trash and towels, and setting chairs. Free paid hour lunch with food.

Cons

There is no management on the pool deck. Lifeguards do what they please when they please. Often times they will leave the stand and pool unattended so they can go talk to other people. Guards will also hide in the office/bathroom/backroom/casino when it is their turn to clean, skipping out on the entire hour and leaving more work to the rest of the team. Bringing these issues up to management does nothing, the lifeguard leads do nothing and no one seems to care. Lead lifeguards who are suppose to be readily available are often hiding in the office, not on the pool deck with you, and rarely help with cleaning or watching the pool. At the end of the day, no one in this company cares about you. Understand this is the bottom of the totem pole, the part waaaay underground. The lifeguards form cliques just like high school, and if you're not in their "in crowd" expect to get bullied. No joke. It's petty and most of the leads are aware of it but no one does anything. Uniforms are suppose to be supplied, but you have to buy your own because they don't order them/have them. If you're lucky, you might get a shirt that is from a previous year, but if they get them out, grab them fast because everyone else will grab 5 of the shirts they need, and there are no more once they're gone. Management will most of the time side with the guests, no matter what. I've been harassed by guests and told it was my fault by managers, and they let the guest get away with their behavior. Expecting to do any life guarding is a joke. Management would rather you just sit on the stand and not say anything. You can't yell at guests, so if someone doesn't listen to your whistle the first time, you either have to just let it keep happening or get a manager to handle it. Not to mention, we do not practice drills for saving lives, we do not practice CPR (hope that one day class you took to get certified sticks with you!), and no one has ever told me what the emergency action plan is for any situation. There is a lifeguard shortage and many guards would call out over their 12 point total, often coming in late or not coming in for several days. They would never get fired because we needed them, but on the flip side, we needed them and they were always calling out. But hey, could be an advantage to some! To continue with this point, we were short staffed constantly through the pool season, never having enough guards to cover the pools adequately. Expect to do the work of three people, because they aren't hiring more. No room for advancement. I'm going to circle back to the fact that they don't care about you. They want you to come in and do your job, and they don't even care if you come back next year. They'll figure out staffing then, they don't want to treat you right and make sure you're happy so you'll continue working for them. If you do want to try to move up in the company, kiss the manager's butts. The lifeguard stands are nasty. They're dirty and ripped to shreds, one is even covered in chewed gum. Many guards will leave their trash, dirty towels, guest's lost items, on stand and it will sit there forever. Not only is it awful to sit in, it's horrible for the guests to look at! You'd think some place like Caesar's Palace would want their property to look nice. The back halls and office get messy. No one seems to mop/clean anything unless they're told to. Other pool employees will try and be lazy, and guess what! Lifeguards get to clean up what they leave behind. Cocktail waitresses are suppose to clean trash before they leave (makes sense as they get a lot more money than us) but often times they don't, or won't clean up anything they don't want to touch, and don't check under chairs. So at the end of the night, when it's just guards cleaning the pool deck, we get to clean it all! Lucky us! And watch out for the cabana hosts, they'll skip out on cleaning their day beds. No benefits. No health care, no dental. Should we finish with pay? The biggest con of all, you get paid slightly more than minimum wage, but it's not the highest on the strip. (Also Venetian/Palazzo pays more and you don't have to clean at the end of the night! They have their cleaning crew do that!) The pay is not worth it for all the work you do. You are the cleaning crew for the pool, and just think of how much the cleaning crew makes for inside the casino! Might as well go for that job, plus then you get union benefits.

Advice to Management

Go through my cons list and ask what you can do to improve the job. Uniforms, fixing the life guard stands, and making sure everyone is doing their job would be a big start.

Caesars Entertainment2018-10-09