Caffe Bene "low pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Caffe Bene Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Jan 31, 2019

3.1
Pros
  • "Made new connections with the workers, and had discount on food and drinks(in 4 reviews)

• "I worked in caffe Bene at ktown Ny,NY and there are no pros(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay, extremely busy during peak hours, sometimes not enough workers per shift(in 6 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Low pay and crazy rush hour"

Former Employee - Barista in New York, NY

I worked at Caffe Bene part-time for less than a year

Pros

free food and drinks sometimes

Caffe Bene2019-01-31
  2. "Terrible!! PLEASE APPLY BASED ON LOCATIONS"

Cashier/Barista in New York, NY

I worked at Caffe Bene

Pros

I worked in caffe Bene at ktown Ny,NY and there are no pros.

Cons

low pay for way too much labor, carry up to 6 gallons of milk up three flights of stairs multiple times a day. Work in a closed freezer for hours without any gloves or anything, get shouted at by manager in front of all customers all day, etc.

Advice to Management

I've seen people work a day and quit here. Terrible management and abusive treatment to workers

Caffe Bene2015-10-03
  3. "a good social environment that lets you get cashier and barrister experience"

I have been working at Caffe Bene full-time

Pros

-The work is very easy and you don't need to be fast leaner to pick up -Mos manager are easy -The different cultures that come in this store will be good for experence

Cons

-low pay -the tips can be divided according to your hours -only 30 minute breaks

Advice to Management

Should look into more into sales and review from the people,there has been plenty of times where the customers want something different due to the fact that it is Korean based foods you have people complain.

Caffe Bene2015-04-19
  4. "Work in Starbucks Instead"

Barista

I worked at Caffe Bene for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros for this.

Cons

This is a review for the Northern Blvd location in Queens. I was one of the first members to be trained at this location back in 2013. The location wasn't even open yet, but we were messaged to come for "training". Instead, we cleaned up, set up the furniture, and pretty much got down on our hands and knees to make the place look presentable. We worked from 8am to 7pm, but were not given compensation for this work. The management team seem to be new to the food industry because they lacked good decision making and leadership skills. Within 6 months, there was a complete turnover of young staff (from high school students to college graduates) because of long hours, low pay, and unrealistic work ethic. For paychecks, the first couple of payments were in cash. There is an electric record of hours for reliability, but the management uses paper/pen and calculator to deduct trivial stuff such as uniform fee. There were a couple of times when I had to sit down with management to straighten out this problem - they almost walked away with $200. To cut costs, unused espresso shots are placed on the side to later be used for iced coffee drinks. All desserts, except for waffles are bought in bulk.

Advice to Management

Culture and good working environment are really important if you want to run a successful business. Make that a priority.

Caffe Bene2015-01-19

"Horrible Job"

Current Employee - Team Memmber in New York, NY

I have been working at Caffe Bene part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers and thats it

Cons

-Low pay and expected to do so much like clean everything you see, wash dishes, lift more than 30 pounds -Poor management; always had some problems, the systems for the registers were slow and shut down, always ran out of materials even lids, embarrassing to serve customers telling them we do not have lids, managers came late for their shifts and some morning shifts you would have to wait outside at 5 am by yourself - Treated their workers poorly; prepare yourself to be constantly yelled at for every little thing -Expensive products - Sometimes you weren't allow to take a break if it got busy, never was enough workers to help

Caffe Bene2014-10-11

"no growth, terrible management, very unorganized"

Former Employee - Team Member

I worked at Caffe Bene part-time

Pros

got to meet great co-workers, flexible schedule

Cons

I could go on and on about the cons of this company -long hours -low pay and expects SO MUCH (for basically minimum wage, I was to handle the cashier, make coffees and smoothies, clean the dishes, clean up the whole cafe... and more). Can you just hire more employees? -no growth within the company -- this is a poorly ran place -management was truly appalling; learned absolutely nothing, was very unorganized, and the manager actually lacked basic customer service skill (which is embarrassing). unprofessional -training is virtually nonexistent (I basically learned everything from my fellow co-workers and by myself through observation). -flexible schedule also meant expecting to show up whenever the manager called you -- extremely annoying when you are a student and you have other things to do. Again, lacks structure and order -an absolute rip-off (I actually felt sorry for the customers buying the ridiculously over-priced drinks/items here). Just proves that the company is very dishonest -just TOO MUCH items on the menu; one day a whole new item pops up on the menu and workers are expected to know how to make them instantaneously, without giving us proper training or instructions. A customer asks for the new item and the workers just give each other blank looks... This company tries to do so much at once.

Caffe Bene2014-06-10