Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute Reviews | Glassdoor

Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute Reviews

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The people were very genuine and cared about the students"

Former Employee - Instructor in Hudson, NC
    Former Employee - Instructor in Hudson, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits were great. The faculty and staff were excellent to work with. Everyone was caring and seemed to enjoy their job. The environment was drama free.

Cons

Every semester is under contract and depending upon funding you are not guaranteed a job. The hours are limited and usually under 35 hours a week.

2. "Best Truck Driving School"

Current Employee - Student in Hudson, NC
    Current Employee - Student in Hudson, NC

Pros

PTDI Certified, Great trainers who care about developing safe and efficient drivers.

Cons

Equipment has some miles on it.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of.

3. "Leadership Issues"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Hudson, NC
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Hudson, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible schedule to fit your everyday life. Pay is great and being in an out of classroom setting is awesome.

Cons

The Con-Ed Coordinators are very lax about their instructors. They have a few favorites that get by with doing whatever they want, and then the rest are scrutinized.

Advice to Management

Consider roles of your coordinators and the way they treat others that work under them.

4. "Instructor"

Pros

Staff is always very supportive

Cons

Absolutely NO benefits as a part time employee

Advice to Management

Hire more Full -time employees with benefits.

5. "Assistant to Humanities Chair"

Former Intern - Intern in Hudson, NC
    Former Intern - Intern in Hudson, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Holly Korta was an amazing experience. She is very smart, and enjoys teaching and managing several successful teams.

Cons

I wish a permanent position had been open at the time for me to apply.

6. "Crisis & Recovery Nurse"

Former Employee - Family Oriented Company, and Never MET the Owners in Gastonia, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

on-site educational and resource opportunities

Cons

lack of diversity in professionalism at professional levels in the company

Advice to Management

Cultural sensitivity and diversity is needed when staff addresses clients needs

"Not pleasant. When the new director of my department was hired I was not even given a chance to meet her in person."

Former Contractor - Culinary Arts Instructor in Hudson, NC
    Former Contractor - Culinary Arts Instructor in Hudson, NC

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with and mentoring the students in the Culinary program. I also enjoyed working with Brenda Dietz the founder and former director of the program. It is unfortunate that she retired after my first year of teaching at CCC&TI. I believe that together we could have taken the program to new heights.

Cons

I thought it was very impersonal and unprofessional for the new director to inform me that I was "no longer needed" as an instructor at CCC&TI by email without even having a chance to meet her in person to discuss my qualifications for the position.

Advice to Management

Do not be so hung up over degrees. Past experience and professional development count for a great deal. Sometimes practical experience is worth far more than a piece of paper.

8. "Close-knit group of employees with lots of respect for others."

Pros

Great working environment with lots of employee autonomy. They respect your work and are open to new ideas.

Cons

Parking situation can be difficult in fall and spring semesters. Not really a con if you don't mind walking a bit!

"The Administration of this Company (Aviation Department) "Lies, Deceives, and tells false statements about you!""

I worked at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get away from the Aviation Department, and you have a "Great" place to be associated with.

Cons

Aviation Department Instructors and some of the students are a bunch of "Backstabbing and Untrustworthy People." I have every laid my eyes on or talked to.

Advice to Management

Review your Aviation Department Instructors and replace them. They will lie to authorities and stab people in the back. They are not to be trusted. Some of the students are even worse than the instructors.