Caliber Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

Caliber Funding Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best Company that I have ever worked at in 30+ years"

Current Employee - Production Assistant in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Production Assistant in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The management of this company looks out for all the employees to ensure that they do have a life and stress the importance of family (not typical of mortgage companies). The most sincere and honest group of people that I have ever met.

Cons

I have been here less than a year but I can't see why anybody would not want to work here.

Advice to Management

Market this company so that it will be a household name and the company that all Realtors want to turn to first.

2. "Excellent support, fun atmosphere, nice benefits, awesome coworkers and managers"

Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Caliber has provided me with tools and methods to grow my business. They asked what support I needed. Then they followed through and supported me. Attitudes are great. My coworkers are knowledgeable and fun. The LOS is easy to use. I love being paperless. When I make a suggestion, they follow through and either implement it or explain why it's not implemented. Over 30 of my suggestions have been implemented, which have made processes flow more smoothly. From a company that is so large, it's amazing how well they listen to even 1 person. I am not a number, I am valued.

Cons

Even though LOS is easy, it's a bit slow. They are improving this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep listening to us and providing us with tools and we'll keep working hard.

"Great Company"

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the best mortgage company I've ever worked at. Leadership is very strong and fair. Allows you to build your business the way you want, and management is always there to listen to your suggestions. Setup allows loans to be closed very quickly and efficiently.

Cons

None at all, love everything!

Advice to Management

Thank you, and keep it up!

"Mortgage Company who gets it"

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at 4 different companies in the past 20 years, Caliber is far and away the best place I've been. The management understands that the customer is important and puts resources in place to make sure the process is smooth. From upper management to the branch level, everyone is on the same page and works together to make this a successful and satisfying place to work. Never been happier with an employer.

Cons

Our success and management forsight has helped us become very busy, which I guess isn't a bad thing afterall. Once we get staffed up this will go away.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Nothing to add. Great job!

"Do Not Waste Your Career At Caliber Funding"

Current Employee - Irving, TX in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Irving, TX in Irving, TX

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none at from what we see.

Cons

The company is bad on so many levels. Leadership can not be trusted at this place. Most everyone I speak with daily agrees that they will say anything to get what they want.

The company is not fun. The down economy is the only reason I am still here.

Leadership will lie to your face and talk about you behind your back quickly and expect you to trust them the next time around. If I only had finished my schooling or my degree and had any other options I would not work for Caliber Funding.

Do not work for aliber Funding please it is an awful experience and waste of my career move and would be a waste of your career too. Caliber Funding is not a place a successful person or any person with good sense in the industry to work.

Advice to Management

None

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!"

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing positive - stay away from this company by all means!!!

Cons

Bad management thus high turnover rate. Also, unethical management who lie, mislead, and mistreat workers verbally. Investigation should be led by outside agency to uncover the filth and unscrupulous, and illegal acts management is a part of scheming up. Minorities are marginalized and paid less than white co-workers for the same work. Not a great place to work at all.

Advice to Management

Fire current management and hire smart, proven, successful, visionary leaders of all races and experiences.

"Lack of culture and leadership"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Caliber Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits for a mortgage bank

Cons

Leadership constantly being replaced, lack of strategic direction, not profitable to date, mercernarial inl hiring and firing employees no sense of loyalty weak brand.

Advice to Management

Need to establish a winning culture that is results oriented. Need to allow time for changes to develop and not make knee jerk decisions.

"Horrible place to work!! Need to get out ASAP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Benefits are pretty good compare to others

Cons

Work hours are crazy, 55 - 60 hours week, they expect people to have no life. Managers are in it for themselves you are just a stepping stool, if you want a career, this is not the place! Horrible!

"Lost, no purpose and no direction - lots of high dollar execs though"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good HR and Benefits. Great to have a rich parent company.

Cons

No leadership and direction. Hedge fund company casulty ... Horrible culture and poor product and comp plan options. If your here, then your lost and you don't know your way to a better option.

Advice to Management

Sit down and find out what you want to be and then invite people to trust their careers with you. Just simple curteousy. And, it means your now a mature adult when you do things like that.

"Very frustrating experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

With so many dead and struggling mortgage companies, someone is bound to fill the gap. With the money behind this company, they have as good a chance as anyone.

Cons

Seem to be stuck in old modes of doing business and won't listen to suggestions about how the market has changed from a consumer's perspective. Everything is run from an internal, metrics driven, non-personalized position. It makes sense from where the accountants sit, sure. But in the end, you are dealing with a sales force that has to convince wary consumers that this new, unknown company has something special and different to offer... and that seems to be lost on management because dealing with the realities of real people instead of just numbers on a spread sheet is not as 'efficient' as possible.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who have experience in the field, and try applying something besides 'black belt metrics' to the equation of how to make things successful.