Caliber Funding Reviews | Glassdoor

Caliber Funding Reviews

Full-time Part-time

"Mortgage Company who gets it"

Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Loan Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at 4 different companies in the past 20 years, Caliber is far and away the best place I've been. The management understands that the customer is important and puts resources in place to make sure the process is smooth. From upper management to the branch level, everyone is on the same page and works together to make this a successful and satisfying place to work. Never been happier with an employer.

Cons

Our success and management forsight has helped us become very busy, which I guess isn't a bad thing afterall. Once we get staffed up this will go away.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Nothing to add. Great job!

2. "Join if you are badly in need of job and no one is hiring you"

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

May be some cool people. don't really have good experiences to share

Cons

- Very bad senior and mid level management.
    - Most of the managers and above are joke on the title and don't know anything about the management
    - very small company with bad and a lot of politics
    - company has no culture even companies with bad cultures have some culture
    - its a fund from loan star who buys trouble companies and sell them after making them profitable.
    - check how many CEOs have the company changed in last 4 years and you would understand the picture
    - you would hear few names very often and most of them can't even get job anywhere else

Advice to Management

First and foremost, get some education, then learn to manage and understand the realities that most of the people work for you only because they need a job

"Do Not Waste Your Career At Caliber Funding"

Current Employee - Irving, TX in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Irving, TX in Irving, TX

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none at from what we see.

Cons

The company is bad on so many levels. Leadership can not be trusted at this place. Most everyone I speak with daily agrees that they will say anything to get what they want.

The company is not fun. The down economy is the only reason I am still here.

Leadership will lie to your face and talk about you behind your back quickly and expect you to trust them the next time around. If I only had finished my schooling or my degree and had any other options I would not work for Caliber Funding.

Do not work for aliber Funding please it is an awful experience and waste of my career move and would be a waste of your career too. Caliber Funding is not a place a successful person or any person with good sense in the industry to work.

Advice to Management

None

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!"

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing positive - stay away from this company by all means!!!

Cons

Bad management thus high turnover rate. Also, unethical management who lie, mislead, and mistreat workers verbally. Investigation should be led by outside agency to uncover the filth and unscrupulous, and illegal acts management is a part of scheming up. Minorities are marginalized and paid less than white co-workers for the same work. Not a great place to work at all.

Advice to Management

Fire current management and hire smart, proven, successful, visionary leaders of all races and experiences.

"Lack of culture and leadership"

Former Employee - Technical Support in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Caliber Funding full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits for a mortgage bank

Cons

Leadership constantly being replaced, lack of strategic direction, not profitable to date, mercernarial inl hiring and firing employees no sense of loyalty weak brand.

Advice to Management

Need to establish a winning culture that is results oriented. Need to allow time for changes to develop and not make knee jerk decisions.

"Horrible place to work!! Need to get out ASAP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Benefits are pretty good compare to others

Cons

Work hours are crazy, 55 - 60 hours week, they expect people to have no life. Managers are in it for themselves you are just a stepping stool, if you want a career, this is not the place! Horrible!

"Lost, no purpose and no direction - lots of high dollar execs though"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good HR and Benefits. Great to have a rich parent company.

Cons

No leadership and direction. Hedge fund company casulty ... Horrible culture and poor product and comp plan options. If your here, then your lost and you don't know your way to a better option.

Advice to Management

Sit down and find out what you want to be and then invite people to trust their careers with you. Just simple curteousy. And, it means your now a mature adult when you do things like that.

"Very frustrating experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

With so many dead and struggling mortgage companies, someone is bound to fill the gap. With the money behind this company, they have as good a chance as anyone.

Cons

Seem to be stuck in old modes of doing business and won't listen to suggestions about how the market has changed from a consumer's perspective. Everything is run from an internal, metrics driven, non-personalized position. It makes sense from where the accountants sit, sure. But in the end, you are dealing with a sales force that has to convince wary consumers that this new, unknown company has something special and different to offer... and that seems to be lost on management because dealing with the realities of real people instead of just numbers on a spread sheet is not as 'efficient' as possible.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who have experience in the field, and try applying something besides 'black belt metrics' to the equation of how to make things successful.

10. "Very informitive"

Former Employee - Broker Relations Specialist in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Broker Relations Specialist in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Open communication with upper management. no ivory towers

Cons

One of many struggling companies in mortgage industry

Advice to Management

Get better products

"I am a very satisfied employee"

Current Employee - Branch Manager and Loan Officer
    Current Employee - Branch Manager and Loan Officer

I have been working at Caliber Funding full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a loan officer, Caliber has delivered on all of its promises to me. The have provided me with the products to close over 140 loans in just over six months. The technology platform is amazing, as is the compensation plan. I would also say that management has been very pro growth and pro sales. Everyone works hard, especially management. Not sure how hard work is a bad thing unless your just looking to collect a check!!!

Cons

I really have no complaints. So, if I had to have one, I would want better coffee!! Based on the pay, I can buy it myself.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the company with strong people. Don't fill seats for the sake of filling seats. This is why good people will want to work at Caliber!!!