Cover image for Caliber Home Loans

Caliber Home Loans

Is this your company?

Caliber Home Loans

Add a Review

Caliber Home Loans Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 29, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,047 of over 1K reviews
3.3
43% Recommend to a Friend
69% Approve of CEO

Found 49 of over 1K reviews

3.3
Caliber Home Loans CEO Sanjiv Das (no image)
Sanjiv Das

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on

Finance

3m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

147.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Caliber Home Loans~720618
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Caliber Home Loans? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Caliber Home Loans employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Caliber Home Loans and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The potential acquisition with New Rez has destroyed this company

Jul 7, 2021 - Loan Officer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Decent PTO and Pay Structure -Great environment to learn

Cons

- Terrible work life Balance - Upper management did not seem to have any regard for our well being

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0

This is how I feel

Feb 28, 2022 - Customer Contact Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-They start matching 401k right away (at least for me they did) -Their benefits package is great -it is remote (for now)

Cons

-They force you to work mandatory OT and some Saturdays -Not really any work/life balance it is mainly work -You do sales and customer service at the same time, so 2 jobs but you get paid like you are doing 1 -Communication between employees/especially management is horrific -Rarely feel appreciated

3. Join the Caliber Home Loans team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Registration Analyst

Oct 4, 2018 - Production Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have benefits such as 401k and health care

Cons

You will be miserable. Management needs improvement and the company as a whole is on a downward spiral. They are doing layoffs frequently and are pushing outsourcing and really do not care about their employees. Also super high turnover rate. There is only a work life balance because OT is banned. They will write you up for 1 minute of OT.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Yep

Mar 26, 2021 - SMB Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money money opportunities for advancement

Cons

Hours and work life balance

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good mortgage company with the ability to weather market fluctuations

Mar 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career Opportunities: It seems like the company does a good job of elevating talent from within to fill vacant positions. Several individuals I work with have been promoted internally to their current position. Compensation & Benefits: I'm paid abundantly fair, and I think the company does a great job of paying individuals at or above market rates. Benefits are pretty standard, but I was surprised at the lower costs of insurance compared to my last company. There are a few perks at the corporate offices which are kind of cool, but are probably not going to be enough to sway anyone making employment decisions. Work/Life Balance: In the area I work in at corporate, I feel like my time is respected. I've never felt like I couldn't call in sick, and I haven't ever had a time-off request denied. Senior Management: Most of the executives and business leaders that I work with are fairly down-to-earth, and all of them are extremely smart. Culture & Values: The company is very military-friendly, which is cool because veterans deserve all the opportunities we can provide them.

Cons

Career Opportunities: For me personally, I think I've reached my career ceiling here; this is in large part due to the fact that Caliber is quite saturated with management/executives. Compensation & Benefits: No cons here. Work/Life Balance: There will be maybe one or two late nights per month in the area that I work. Senior Management: A handful of executive leaders can be difficult to work with; many will make urgent, last-minute requests because of reactive (rather than proactive) tendencies. Culture & Values: I'm sure this tendency is endemic in the industry and beyond, but it seems like the company is often held hostage by sales leadership. Decisions are frequently made that might not be the best financially or strategically. We're hesitant to stir the pot with our friends in production to a fault.

Caliber Home Loans Response

Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear you are having a positive experience. We are making improvements to our company wide communication processes including a quarterly leadership forum and on the spot videos of our executives discussing the direction of the business. And, on the culture and leadership improvement front, we are undertaking a series of employee surveys so we can better identify areas where we need to improve. These surveys will be coming to all employees in the near future... we want to hear your input! Thank you again.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great until the merge

Sep 30, 2022 - Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

After merge it lost the intimate work environment. You became just a number and not a person.

8. 4.0

Good Company

Oct 26, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management and support are second to none.

Cons

Sink or swim atmosphere. Life to work balance can be difficult.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing Dept in Shambles

Jul 18, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn new skills..? Pay was good.

Cons

No work/life balance Constant change in management Many, many hours Verbal Abuse

10. 3.0

An okay Place

Aug 16, 2016 - Software Engineer in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance Fast Growing Decent Pay

Cons

High Employee turn over rate

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

Okay

Oct 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was excellent if you’re good

Cons

Work life balance is difficult

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews

Reviews by Job Title

Caliber Home Loans Photos

+ Add Photo
Caliber Home Loans photo of: Working Courageously
Caliber Home Loans photo of: Superhero to spooky animals and haunted ghouls, Caliber Home Loans wishes everybody a safe and Happy Halloween! Check out these cool costumes from our awesome employees.
Caliber Home Loans photo of: Caliber's Learning team volunteered at the Veterans Resource Center in Dallas recently, sorting clothing to be distributed to homeless veterans.
Caliber Home Loans photo of: Our 4th Annual Thanksgiving Extravaganza for more than 500 onsite employees..It’s our way of giving back and saying “Thank you” to the professionals who run our firm.
Caliber Home Loans photo of: The Caliber Home Loans Bothell Branch recently raised funds to help the YWCA USA's Adopt a Family program to share the joy of the holidays, helping over 1400 low income and homeless families!
Caliber Home Loans photo of: Who has Caliber spirit? Our newest class of producers. Like this post to say "Welcome" to the team!
Caliber Home Loans photo of: Supporting our military and veterans extends far beyond VA Loans. That is why we love partnering with The Warrior's Keep for events like their recent mountain hike.

Expert Career Advice

Caliber Home Loans Job Seekers Also Viewed

Nationstar Mortgage Logo
Nationstar Mortgage

Compare

Glassdoor has 1,047 Caliber Home Loans reviews submitted anonymously by Caliber Home Loans employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Caliber Home Loans is right for you.