Caliber Public Safety Reviews | Glassdoor

Caliber Public Safety Reviews

Updated Feb 16, 2018

Found 21 reviews

3.1
Caliber Public Safety CEO John McNulty (no image)
John McNulty
  1. "Support Analyst"

Former Employee - Support Analyst in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Caliber Public Safety full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, co-workers, and managers.

Cons

I really didn't have any cons

Caliber Public Safety2018-02-16

"If you're looking for a long term career with lots of opportunity, this is the place for you!"

I have been working at Caliber Public Safety full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Financially stable, responsible and results driven company. Stand by corporate values and consistently invest in developing employees and leadership. Huge promoters of work/life balance and recognizing achievements. Big company, lots of potential for growth and career advancement.

Cons

Lots of remote employees, you can work for a year and not meet your peers. Can make communications and process difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to make efforts to connect your employees and communicate team / company initiatives. Bridge the gap between management and entry level employees.

Caliber Public Safety2016-04-22

"Not ready for prime time."

I have been working at Caliber Public Safety part-time

Pros

Strong financial discipline. Responsible and prudent approach to sales and revenue.

Cons

Focused only on the bottom line. Little innovation and lack of investment from parent company.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They have been through many hardships

Caliber Public Safety2016-01-24
  4. "Field Engineer"

Field Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Caliber Public Safety

Pros

Small Company with good development of Proprietary software for the Public Safety dispatch Market.

Cons

Unstable company finances, The company has been acquired several times on the brink of insolvency. Management has a problem with vision of their market and operations

Advice to Management

Fire the entire upper management and replace them with people that know how to run a company. Then get a small unit that has vision to look to the future. Develop your base and support the customer.

Caliber Public Safety2015-11-04
  5. "Company has changed since buyout"

I worked at Caliber Public Safety full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fellow employees were great to work with

Cons

Information doesn't make it to the customer in a timely manner anymore from Finance.

Caliber Public Safety2015-10-12
  6. "Mixed bag under new ownership"

I have been working at Caliber Public Safety for more than 5 years

Pros

InterAct still has a bunch of employees who are firmly dedicated to Public Safety and its mission. Benefits package is competitive.

Cons

Since the acquisition by N. Harris Computer Corporation, the amount of internal and external communications have decreased. Customers and Employees seem to be leaving without any proactive response by management.

Advice to Management

Bring at least one public safety veteran into senior management to help steer the ship. Offer monthly all-hands updates to staff.

Caliber Public Safety2015-09-28
  7. "Rebuilding"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Caliber Public Safety full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interact's strength is the large percentage of front-line employee's who have Public Safety experience. The employees that carry out the day to day operations at the customer level are by far the greatest group of people I have ever worked with.

Cons

The company was hijacked by private equity as a play on cloud-based and SaaS computing. 4 years worth of investing, positions on the board, C-level leadership from silicone valley who were too arrogant to listen to the fact that public safety is different than the latest start-up app. They wanted to flip the company for hundreds of millions. Instead, the "revenue is king" strategy brought the company to the edge... of the cliff. The new company that bought up Interact will eventually right the ship, I believe, but it will be a long process.

Advice to Management

Public Safety is unlike any other industry, with small customer sites wielding enormous influence sometimes on literally dozens of other customers. Don't be afraid to spend the money to fix so many of the broken relationships we incurred over the last 4 years. Many of those relationships are very key to locking in entire area's of the country. Also, employees have endured years of financial stress and many has... stayed, loyal to the end. When you see specific departments shedding long-term employees you might have a leadership problem on that team. And regardless of current financial standing you really need to adjust pay up to meet the industry. So many of these people have completely done without any type of raise for many years.

Caliber Public Safety2015-08-23
  8. "new owners are terrible"

Anonymous in Winston-Salem, NC

I have been working at Caliber Public Safety for more than 8 years

Pros

My co-workers are awesome. Most of us have been here for a long time and I have made many lifelong friends.

Cons

The company was acquired by Harris and they have never taken on a company of this size so they're floundering. They promised there wouldn't be any more employee layoffs but, they have continually let people go since they took over. The management team is driven by their own egos and not by whats best for the company or customers. HR is nearly non-existent.

Advice to Management

Hire more HR to support the employees and work harder to support and serve the public safety industry they way they deserve.

Caliber Public Safety2015-08-17
  9. "Ego maniac management"

Former Employee - Engineer in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Caliber Public Safety full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The product serves the safety and well being of people and property.

Cons

The new management team have huge ego's. I was fired for disagreeing w a manager. His ego was bruised so he decided to show me who's boss. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Take a long walk on a short pier.

Caliber Public Safety2015-08-19
  10. "Dedicated Employees"

I worked at Caliber Public Safety full-time

Pros

Very passionate employees who serve their community

Cons

No clear strategy for success

Advice to Management

Done

Caliber Public Safety2015-06-15