California Association of Realtors Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Joel Singer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great experience"

Pros

C.A.R. provides a positive working environment along with friendly coworkers.

Cons

Location can be somewhat the heart of traffic but it is manageable

2. "Good mission, respected organization."

Current Employee - Senior Economist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Economist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Great benefits package.

Cons

Inertia. Resistance to change. Bureaucracy.

"Problematic work culture, no upward mobility, little in terms of pay increases"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

More work/life balance than other places

Cons

Some managers are overtly hostile, VPs aren't helpful, HR doesn't care to help fix negative work situations, Some people take 2+ hour lunches while other employees can't leave their desk

Advice to Management

Many of the managers and VPs are rarely in the office. Find out why they're able to get their degrees on company time and take so many paid days off (that aren't sick or vacation days). Something really wrong here. If an employee has a problem, no one really cares (it's always their fault). Some departments are better than others, but ask yourself why some, like Communications and REBS, are revolving doors. At some point, it's not them. It's you.

4. "Great Process! Positive people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The California Association of Realtors is a great, people-friendly place to work. I went through the interview process over the summer and have been working here for over two months. The building has great facilities and is close to restaurants and public transportation.

C.A.R. also has great benefits here. Way better than my last employer. I recommend that you apply and get a job here anyways you can, lots of opportunity to move up.

Cons

My only issue is the streets and freeways are always busy, but its manageable.

5. "Awesome Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time

Pros

California Association of Realtors is an amazing company to work for. The management cares about its employees- they even have this health & wellness initiative. The building is very nice and everyone here is very down to earth and relatable. Most of the employees have been here for 10+ years. I recently went through the interview process and it was very straightforward. I am a new employee and look forward to spending many years here.

Cons

The only downside I see is that the neighborhood is not that great. However, it is such a great company that I look past that one thing.

Advice to Management

Great job with everything! Keep it up!

6. "Great Company - supportive of employees"

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

C.A.R. is one of those companies that keeps employees in mind in terms of growth, benefits and work/life balance. The organization supports employee education and a healthy lifestyle. The work done here supports a significant industry within California and is striving to always improve it. This culture translates to the culture within the organization. Many long term employees, who still care about their goals.

Cons

Physical location is not the best, but the interior of the building is nice.

Advice to Management

Benefits are excellent and a great way to attract talent if candidates are passionate about real estate. Maintaining these benefits is one way to do that.

7. "Great place to work"

Pros

Good work environment
    Family-friendly
    Good work/life balance
    Great benefits

Cons

Long-term management
    No room for growth

8. "Good family. Solid benefits."

Former Employee - Information Technology Manager in Mission Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Information Technology Manager in Mission Viejo, CA

I worked at California Association of Realtors (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits
    Family atmosphere
    Reliable and trusted

Cons

Little room for upward growth.

9. "Stable Company Forced to be more Dynamic"

Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time

Pros

An older organization that is trying to be dynamic Professional great bosses (this may vary by department, I've heard communications *may* be a nightmare). Stability, and professionalism. You are working to support hard working entrepreneurs (Realtors), and the entire organization and management is aware of who the customers are, "customer service" is a priority across the organization and it shows. This is a traditional employer, who provides life benefits and strategies. The "customer base" of a trade association is always varied and makes strategy hard, this is interesting to view play out.

Cons

It is a pretty large organization, so has some red-tape, this is my backyard stuff when crossing departments, this has negative effects on say, the website, and efforts to improve things can be stifled by friction and inertia.

Interview process was a bit of a nightmare; and the time-in of benefits is a little silly: drivers get a free parking space from the start, but commuters have to wait until their fourth month to get the transportation subsidy? In the densest part of LA with the best public transportation? Huh? Who decided this is a good idea?

Advice to Management

Keep aware of competition, remain dynamic!

"Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at California Association of Realtors full-time

Pros

I started at C.A.R. with a set of skills needed to execute my job duties and after a couple of months, I have acquired a wider range of skills useful for different departments. Great work culture and good people.

Cons

Getting to work can be frustrating with traffic.