KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Jonathan Adkisson
0 Rating

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of California Casualty and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 3, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of support from supervisors and great overtime opportunities

Cons

Weekends are mandatory and 5 hours on saturdays

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with California Casualty! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your career with us. We do take a lot of pride in the quality of our management team so it is great to hear that they have been there for you on a daily basis – helping you to do your job to the best of your ability. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy the opportunities we provide for overtime. We are always happy to help our team earn a little more! By nature of the business we do – serving those that our oftentimes unavailable during the weekdays is a necessary part of what we offer. With that said, we do appreciate your hard work on the weekends as well as those weekdays! The big bonus is of course those overtime hours. Thank you again for the effort you put forward for those who serve our communities on a daily basis! They truly do appreciate you being a trusted advisor when they need us most.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good benefits

Aug 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly, and good benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company Mostly

Jun 13, 2022 - Partner Relations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people. Been around more than 100 years. Works with American Heroes. Decent pay.

Cons

Culture has changed greatly in last year. Not a lot of room for advancement. Horrible health insurance.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your career experience with California Casualty. We appreciate the hard work you put in for over two decades to serve those who serve our communities. It is rewarding to hear that during your time here, you enjoyed building relationships with the amazing people that make California Casualty’s mission possible. We are also happy to hear that you felt adequately compensated while employed with us. Attracting the best talent in the labor market and retaining the wonderful people that make us who we are is what drives our philosophy on compensation. We do want to acknowledge your concerns and advice as well. Beginning with our benefits package – we do recognize things can change over time and certain offerings can become unfavorable. California Casualty did make a benefits package adjustment at the beginning of this calendar year to optimize this important piece of overall compensation for its employees. The change helped us avoid rising costs with our prior provider and added additional policy features not previously available to our team members. We also want to be honest about the recent changes in our company culture and structure. There certainly have been some speed bumps over the past few years with rapidly evolving market conditions and natural disasters at an unprecedented level. We are confident though that with our recent changes - we have brought on a new leadership team and structure that will help California Casualty emerge as an industry leader and vital resource for the American Heroes that deserve the best of the best insurance coverage in their time of need. Thank you again and best of luck in your future career endeavors!

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great for entry level

May 24, 2022 - Actuarial Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Great co-workers

Cons

Long term view of company is not good

Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition Mgr & Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with California Casualty. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the strong work-life balance and team camaraderie within your department. We understand that having an energized workforce with teammates that know and can rely on each other is a crucial part of providing the best of the best coverage for those community servants that do so much for us on a daily basis. With that said, we thank you for your contribution to making that mission a reality. We also want to let you know that we hear your concerns and are not afraid to acknowledge the fact that there has been some adversity over the past few years. This company has survived and thrived through some of the past century’s largest socioeconomic events. It is our firm belief that the with the values we stay true to on a daily basis, as well as some of our recent reorganization efforts, California Casualty will continue to strengthen as an organization and deliver even more so on the mission to be there for American Heroes in their time of need.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great pay!

Apr 26, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company ethics, no micro managing

Cons

Unfortunately no remote work available

Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition Mgr & Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for the great review! We are very appreciative of your hard work over the past few years. It’s representatives like yourself that set California Casualty apart and provide our customers with the protection they deserve. Since our founding, the utmost focus on business ethics has been a cornerstone of our success. We are happy to see that you can still see that to this day and are carrying those values out on the phones with our customers and off the phones with your colleagues. We also want to let you know that we hear your recommendation regarding the ability to work remotely. We understand that the workforce is changing and, in an effort to provide the best possible work/life balance for our employees, we are excited to say that we are evaluating incorporating remote hybrid work options into the organization and hope to make that available soon!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Too many negatives

Mar 28, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Glendale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and that’s about I.

Cons

Toxic work environment, no help from upper management, upper management only cares about numbers and not their customers let alone employees. Training was not as described during the interview process.

Assistant Vice President, Service Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with California Casualty. We are sorry to hear that it was not what you were looking for in your next career. We are happy to hear that you felt well compensated for your work though as we do take a lot of pride in our compensation packages. Adequate compensation is an important aspect of bringing exceptional service to the forefront day in and day out for our hard-working group members. We hear your concerns and take your feedback with an openness to grow. Our end-goal as an insurance provider for American Heroes is to be there for those who serve us daily in their time of need. We understand that the pathway to this end-point can oftentimes be bumpy and sometimes require inward reflection. We thank you once again for sharing your thoughts so that we can take this moment to look inward and see how we can better ourselves as a team to therefore be better for those who rely on us most. We wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors!

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Calcas

Mar 1, 2022 - Director, Field Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible every day is different

Cons

Not innovative and not progressive thinking

VP Field Relations

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experiences with California Casualty! Our Partner Relations department plays a crucial role in sharing California Casualty’s unique offerings with those who deserve them most. For that we applaud your hard work and are happy to hear that you enjoy the flexible and ever-changing nature of your role. Bearing in mind the importance of what you do on a daily basis, it is imperative for us to acknowledge and consider your concerns. While larger providers certainly can move at a faster pace with innovation and progressive concepts – we have to delicately balance the care for our American Heroes with those changes that keep us moving forward. We hope that recent changes within the organization communicate that we are moving in that direction. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that we do have an open-door policy, so please feel free to discuss your concerns with management or Human Resources. We again appreciate you sharing your thoughts and hope that this helps with some of your concerns. Thank you again for your continued service to California Casualty and our American Heroes.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Jan 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, benefits and pay is decent

Cons

Technology and systems are old and outdated. You have to know and memorize things and know when the system isn’t correct.

3 people found this review helpful

California Casualty Response

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience with California Casualty. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the family-owned culture that makes us a unique insurance provider and employer. We do work hard to attract and retain the best in the business so competitive compensation is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the compensation package you received throughout your time here. We do hear your concerns regarding technology and some of the systems we have in place. Being a smaller family-owned company, there are limitations in regards to how quickly we can put new systems in place and still provide the utmost reliability to our group-members. We are happy to share with you though that our recent efforts to improve our overall system functionality have been met with great success and we look forward to a fully implemented system in the future! We are also always working hard to provide our team members with a career and not just a job. While many of our management positions are held by high tenured employees – please do know that every member of the California Casualty team plays a vital role in delivering on the commitment we have made to those who serve us on a daily basis. Thank you for your help in making this the case!!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

Dec 28, 2021 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, great people to work with

Cons

Uncertainty in the last 4 years with in the company

Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition Mgr & Sr. HR Business Partner

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with California Casualty! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy working with the wonderful people that make California Casualty a premier insurance provider for American Heroes. Without dedicated team members like yourself – it’s impossible to provide the best service out there. Thank you for being one of those great people you mentioned! We do understand that the last few years in particular have been difficult. With so many changes in both the industry and world as a whole – it has certainly been challenging to maintain the stability and forward progression we have had for 100+ years. However, it is our intent for hard-working team members such as yourself to know and have full confidence in the steps California Casualty is taking to maintain its status as a top-notch insurance company for both its customers and employees. Thank you for all your hard work!!

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Agent

Dec 8, 2021 - Sales Agent in Leawood, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable, but don't care about employees

Cons

Pay ever. Hanging for worse

Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition Mgr & Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for your contributions and sharing with us your experience at California Casualty! Each and every one of our team members is a crucial part of our success. It’s hard working and dedicated agents like yourself that have kept California Casualty strong for 100+ years. We hear your concern and can assure you that it is of utmost importance that our team members feel valued, appreciated, and part of an important mission. We wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 140 Reviews
</>Embed

California Casualty Reviews FAQs

California Casualty has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 145 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at California Casualty to a friend and 26% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, California Casualty employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at California Casualty. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

49% of California Casualty employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated California Casualty 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at California Casualty to be workplace, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with California Casualty Job Seekers