Cover image for California Casualty

Jonathan Adkisson
1 Rating

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of California Casualty and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Current

Nov 21, 2022 - Insurance Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Schedule Wfh Bonus Benefits

Cons

Systems are a little iffy

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

All around great place to work.

Oct 21, 2022 - Sales in Leawood, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good benefits, fulfillment in role.

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunity.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with California Casualty! We appreciate the 10+ years of hard work you put in for our community servants. It makes us happy to hear that you felt fulfilled, adequately compensated, and were surrounded by wonderful people during your time with us!! Our team is truly special and we are glad that you were a part of it for as long as you were. We also recognize that at times, with a smaller organization such as ours, advancement opportunities can be more limited than in very large organizations within our industry. We do try our best however to broaden the scope of our existing roles so as to provide development opportunities for everyone on a continual basis. Continuous learning is one of our core values and plays a large role in making it possible for us to provide the utmost level of coverage and service to our community servants. We hope that you were able to experience broadening of your role during your tenure with California Casualty. We also hope that you are enjoying your new endeavors and wish you the best of luck moving forward!! Thanks again!

3. Join the California Casualty team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee

N/A

Sep 22, 2022 - Field Marketing Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, good management, not much turnover

Cons

Less pay, a lot of travel

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for sharing about your experience with California Casualty thus far! It is great to hear that you have had an overall positive employment experience with us. Our family-oriented environment is certainly something we are proud of and happy for you to be a part of. It is also good to hear that you have a tremendous working relationship with the management team. Our leaders are one of a kind! It’s for that reason we are so lucky to have employees that progress for many years through their career with us. We also want to address a few of the areas you have expressed as a concern. In regards to travel, there is no doubt you have to be a road warrior as a part of our Field Marketing team. Being face to face with the community servants that do so much for us on a daily basis is important and we appreciate you being just that road warrior they need. In regards to pay, it is our full intent to make sure compensation is fair and rewarding. With that said, we encourage you to utilize our open-door policy and have that conversation with management. Through open conversation we can make sure you are getting the most out of your career – both from a compensation and overall fulfillment standpoint. Thanks again for your great review!! We appreciate your hard work and look forward to seeing where your career will take you! :)

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Small company problems

Sep 28, 2022 - Claims Adjuster
    Business Outlook

Pros

High pay, small work environment, good people.

Cons

High work load with salary (so mandatory overtime), no work/life balance, COVID handled poorly, hard to gain any seniority when some people have been there 10/15/20+ years. I experienced discrimination from a supervisor and felt head hunted even after multiple coworkers brought up the issues to management.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good benefits

Aug 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very friendly, and good benefits

Cons

None that I can think of

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with California Casualty! We are very happy to hear that you enjoy your benefits package. Fair and appreciative compensation for hard work is important to us, with that said, it is always great to hear that the unique benefits package we have put together for our employees is serving you well. Beyond benefits, we are even more excited to hear your endorsement of the “people culture” here at California Casualty. The character, heart, and community of our team all makes our promise to American Heroes one that we can deliver upon and deliver upon exceptionally. Thank you for your many years of hard work and commitment!!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company Mostly

Jun 13, 2022 - Partner Relations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people. Been around more than 100 years. Works with American Heroes. Decent pay.

Cons

Culture has changed greatly in last year. Not a lot of room for advancement. Horrible health insurance.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your career experience with California Casualty. We appreciate the hard work you put in for over two decades to serve those who serve our communities. It is rewarding to hear that during your time here, you enjoyed building relationships with the amazing people that make California Casualty’s mission possible. We are also happy to hear that you felt adequately compensated while employed with us. Attracting the best talent in the labor market and retaining the wonderful people that make us who we are is what drives our philosophy on compensation. We do want to acknowledge your concerns and advice as well. Beginning with our benefits package – we do recognize things can change over time and certain offerings can become unfavorable. California Casualty did make a benefits package adjustment at the beginning of this calendar year to optimize this important piece of overall compensation for its employees. The change helped us avoid rising costs with our prior provider and added additional policy features not previously available to our team members. We also want to be honest about the recent changes in our company culture and structure. There certainly have been some speed bumps over the past few years with rapidly evolving market conditions and natural disasters at an unprecedented level. We are confident though that with our recent changes - we have brought on a new leadership team and structure that will help California Casualty emerge as an industry leader and vital resource for the American Heroes that deserve the best of the best insurance coverage in their time of need. Thank you again and best of luck in your future career endeavors!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great for entry level

May 24, 2022 - Actuarial Analyst in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Great co-workers

Cons

Long term view of company is not good

Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition Mgr & Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with California Casualty. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the strong work-life balance and team camaraderie within your department. We understand that having an energized workforce with teammates that know and can rely on each other is a crucial part of providing the best of the best coverage for those community servants that do so much for us on a daily basis. With that said, we thank you for your contribution to making that mission a reality. We also want to let you know that we hear your concerns and are not afraid to acknowledge the fact that there has been some adversity over the past few years. This company has survived and thrived through some of the past century’s largest socioeconomic events. It is our firm belief that the with the values we stay true to on a daily basis, as well as some of our recent reorganization efforts, California Casualty will continue to strengthen as an organization and deliver even more so on the mission to be there for American Heroes in their time of need.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 3, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of support from supervisors and great overtime opportunities

Cons

Weekends are mandatory and 5 hours on saturdays

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience thus far with California Casualty! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your career with us. We do take a lot of pride in the quality of our management team so it is great to hear that they have been there for you on a daily basis – helping you to do your job to the best of your ability. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy the opportunities we provide for overtime. We are always happy to help our team earn a little more! By nature of the business we do – serving those that our oftentimes unavailable during the weekdays is a necessary part of what we offer. With that said, we do appreciate your hard work on the weekends as well as those weekdays! The big bonus is of course those overtime hours. Thank you again for the effort you put forward for those who serve our communities on a daily basis! They truly do appreciate you being a trusted advisor when they need us most.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great pay!

Apr 26, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company ethics, no micro managing

Cons

Unfortunately no remote work available

Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition Mgr & Sr. HR Business Partner

Thank you for the great review! We are very appreciative of your hard work over the past few years. It’s representatives like yourself that set California Casualty apart and provide our customers with the protection they deserve. Since our founding, the utmost focus on business ethics has been a cornerstone of our success. We are happy to see that you can still see that to this day and are carrying those values out on the phones with our customers and off the phones with your colleagues. We also want to let you know that we hear your recommendation regarding the ability to work remotely. We understand that the workforce is changing and, in an effort to provide the best possible work/life balance for our employees, we are excited to say that we are evaluating incorporating remote hybrid work options into the organization and hope to make that available soon!

11. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Too many negatives

Mar 28, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Glendale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay and that’s about I.

Cons

Toxic work environment, no help from upper management, upper management only cares about numbers and not their customers let alone employees. Training was not as described during the interview process.

1 person found this review helpful

Assistant Vice President, Service Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with California Casualty. We are sorry to hear that it was not what you were looking for in your next career. We are happy to hear that you felt well compensated for your work though as we do take a lot of pride in our compensation packages. Adequate compensation is an important aspect of bringing exceptional service to the forefront day in and day out for our hard-working group members. We hear your concerns and take your feedback with an openness to grow. Our end-goal as an insurance provider for American Heroes is to be there for those who serve us daily in their time of need. We understand that the pathway to this end-point can oftentimes be bumpy and sometimes require inward reflection. We thank you once again for sharing your thoughts so that we can take this moment to look inward and see how we can better ourselves as a team to therefore be better for those who rely on us most. We wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Reviews
</>Embed

California Casualty Reviews FAQs

California Casualty has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 150 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at California Casualty to a friend and 37% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, California Casualty employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at California Casualty. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

55% of California Casualty employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated California Casualty 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at California Casualty to be workplace, compensation, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with California Casualty Job Seekers