California College San Diego Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2019

Found 36 reviews

California College San Diego CEO Eric Juhlin
Eric Juhlin

"Most individuals are not motivated to seek tutoring. You need to be prepared for an accelerated program."

Current Employee - California College Specific Tutor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at California College San Diego part-time for less than a year

Pros

You are better able to focus on your school work, engraining it further into your mind.

Cons

Those that do seek tutoring seem to wait until the third week of class and try to get help.

Advice to Management

Pre-screen applicants more thoroughly, Math and English 99 were not appropriate for the type of program you are endorsing.

California College San Diego2013-11-27

"As an adjunct instructor"

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor, General Education in San Diego, CA

I have been working at California College San Diego full-time for more than a year

Pros

Current student body in need of good education and thus the company provides opportunities for adjunct instructors to grow in their abilities

Cons

Lots of hours and a four week mod system where every month (basically) instructors have new students and teach subjects that cover a whole quarter in a mod.

Advice to Management

Value internal customers

California College San Diego2012-11-21
  3. "great place to work"

Former Employee - RT Tutor in San Diego, CA

I worked at California College San Diego full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was hired on as a RT tutor because of my grasp of the knowledge. I have worked there ever since I finished their RT associate program. This is a great place to work to sustain yourself and keep the knowledge fresh while searching for career work. Moreover, they allow you to make your own hours, and work as much or as little as you are willing.

Cons

Living in California can be expensive.

California College San Diego2012-07-13
  4. "California College San Diego"

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in San Diego, CA

I have been working at California College San Diego part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rewarding work if you made genuine connections with students and watch them succeed academically.

Cons

The college is currently on academic probation but working diligently with accreditors.

Advice to Management

Hold on to faculty that cares about students.

California College San Diego2019-05-28
  5. "Violating Labor Laws"

Current Employee - Instructor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at California College San Diego part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great teachers! The teachers have strong educational backgrounds and care very much for the students. There are good leaders within the system.

Cons

Violating labor laws by insisting that a class can be prepared for in the time they allow for it and penalizing instructors who put that time on their time card instead of doing it on their own time.

Advice to Management

Be careful, this is happening at all for-profit/non-profit private schools. All it takes is a number of employees documenting their work activities and there could be a labor law case or a class action. Pay teachers what they are worth.

California College San Diego2019-04-18
  6. "Great place to start but corporate needs to straighten things out"

Former Employee - Career Advisor

I worked at California College San Diego full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good place to start to learn about education if you want to work in high education, allows you to start later in the day and set your own schedule as long as it's within reason so you can save your PTO and sick days for appointments and what not. Employee perk of receiving a free degree is very beneficial.

Cons

Corporate is their own enemy by creating massive confusion. No set guideline of rules that change on a monthly basis for every department. Pay could also use a bit of a bump considering that the other nearby career schools pay more for the position than CCSD.

Advice to Management

While the campus director I would gladly work for any day, my advice to upper management is to put together a strict set of guidelines that employees can follow that they can depend on that wont change in a month.

California College San Diego2019-03-11

"Make a difference in students lives"

I worked at California College San Diego full-time

Pros

Great people to work with. Positive management.

Cons

Not too much room for growth. Little or no training, corporate wide, but you will get trained if you have a good manager. If not, you will get micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Support your staff. You have great people that work hard. Pay better or at least give your employees better health benefits! A potluck is not a Christmas Party!!

California College San Diego2016-06-10

"California College San Diego"

I worked at California College San Diego

Pros

the employees are great to work with

Cons

need more updated equipment and technology

California College San Diego2015-11-02

"Graduated for My Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Administration"

I have been working at California College San Diego

Pros

CCSD makes it comprehensive and simple for students to attend and enroll in various programs.

Cons

I think that they should become regionally accredited instead of nationally accredited. I believe that the college credits and standards should be transferable to other well-known universities especially regionally accredited traditional universities.

Advice to Management

Make sure that students and staff have all the tools and resources through networking connections. Those who graduate with honors should have more job opportunities in the marketplace regardless of the economy.

California College San Diego2014-05-20

"A place that is ever-changing."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

Pros

The employees are friendly, The working environment is relaxed in the area that I work.

Cons

In my short time with this employer I have seen a lot of people let go.

Advice to Management

Set standards and stay with them, don't make changes for the sake of making changes.

California College San Diego2014-03-26