California Credits Group Reviews | Glassdoor

California Credits Group Reviews

Updated Jan 30, 2019

Found 11 reviews

California Credits Group CEO John Simpson (no image)
John Simpson
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Project Associate

I worked at California Credits Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, great entry level job

Cons

Not a lot of room for career advancement

California Credits Group2019-01-31
  2. "CCG"

I worked at California Credits Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Pay is not comparable to the marketplace.

California Credits Group2016-09-01
  3. "Project Admin"

Project Administrative/Receptionist in Monrovia, CA

I worked at California Credits Group for more than a year

Pros

One of the best companies I worked for, everyone was so nice, they worked with your scheduled.

Cons

Nothing bad to say

California Credits Group2016-07-16
  4. "do not work here"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at California Credits Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Young work environment. Worked in groups and developed relationships with many coworkers. Fieldwork was nice. Allows you to take a breather away from the office.

Cons

Takes forever for promotion. Company plays favorites. Black out dates would ruin requested time off. OT hours would be ridiculous at times.

Advice to Management

Should evaluate team leaders better. Need maturity within each team. Company at times felt like a high school with the many clicks formed. Better approach to generating tax credits. Need leaders who will take the time teach tax credits correctly.

California Credits Group2016-01-19
  5. "Senior Project Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at California Credits Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great people to work with -Work in teams -Ability to develop client-to-business relationship

Cons

-poor management -no sense of acknowledgement -no growth -management plays favoritism

Advice to Management

Get more involved with company. Instead of just seeing what you see and making judgement calls, try to understand and listen first. Stop taking away the little things that will make employees disgruntle, like floating holidays and day after Thanksgiving. Directors and managers should follow the same rules that applies to us (dress code, eating at desk, etc).

California Credits Group2014-07-12
  6. "If you work here, you're desperate!"

I worked at California Credits Group

Pros

-A office job. -Learn how to work on Team.

Cons

-Very low pay. -Work you hard and too many hours. -No respect for low end employees and uncaring about personal lives.

Advice to Management

No advice. They don't care about it or will use it anyways.

California Credits Group2014-03-28
  7. "Began as learning experience, turned into drudgery"

I have been working at California Credits Group

Pros

Small firm, exposure to lots of new things. Easy access to upper management. Technologically advanced.

Cons

Lack of investment in employees, no move made to keep the best.

California Credits Group2014-01-17
  8. "Company Review"

I have been working at California Credits Group

Pros

At its best this place really offered a lot of job experience

Cons

No employee investment opportunities, poor follow through on decision making, a job not a career.

California Credits Group2014-01-07

"Mediocre First Job (entry-level, degree required)"

Former Employee - Project Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at California Credits Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Experience a typical corporate office environment - Learn how to work with a team - Learn how to multi-task better, and even learn office politics - Great location (for restaurants, after-work activities) - Clean, modern office - Company parties (young workforce) - Business trips are fun - Mediocre first job to work for a year, and put on your resume. It's just income until you find a better career.

Cons

- Recent changes in floating holiday policies serve to anger the underpaid and overworked employees at the company. The company used to give 2 paid floating holidays to be used at any time (except for blackout dates), given to them at the start of the year. About two weeks after 2013, employees must now accrual the 2 days. I had already felt the company does not care about it's workers, and every benefit/trip was... forced and not something they actually wanted to do. Break this policy down, and you find that the company cannot give 2 days out of 365 for their employees, and they overrode their old policy with a new one that had yet to be implemented. This is an extremely petty policy, since 2 days out of 250-260 work days is only .008 of all work days in a year. Yet, the company does not have the decency to just give it to the people that make their money. In the end, it's not about the 2 days. It is about the way the employees are (mis)treated and have no say in any matter because of the distance between management and the teams. - Little interaction from lower-level workers and managers - No structured training program (learn on the fly) - Don't really learn anything that could be used for another job - Tedious, but mostly easy work (some may like that. Some jobs requiring tax terms and knowledge are harder but they're supposed to teach you) - Walking to the post-office in the heat

Advice to Management

Advice and interaction with an older, more accomplished manager to a low-level associate would have been nice. For a long time I was completing tasks mechanically, not knowing what I was really doing in the big picture. My training was not structured, I felt that my seniors and associates that were there longer were overworked, and didn't want to take their own time to train me, though that may not be their fault.... May want to hire associates to do certain assigned tasks, and build them up slowly from there. I learned things that I would end up not doing again for a long time so the memory repetition was not there.

California Credits Group2013-01-10
  10. "Once you start here you might never leave."

Current Employee - Project Senior in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at California Credits Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good if you like preparing corporate tax forms. Not as many hours as Big 5s

Cons

Implementation of CRM software use in 2010. More time logging emails/calls with every client. Busy season gets hectic but slow seasons can very dull

California Credits Group2012-08-11