California People Search Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 5, 2017

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Becki Clague

1. "Great Boss and mentor"

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Mateo, CA

I worked at California People Search full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked with Becki the President for over 4 years, she was tremendous, tough, and good at what she did. No doubt, I see a lot of negative ratings, but truly Becki is very generous if you do the work and are consistent, she is a bulldog and expects her employees to be, I made a ton of money with her, and I was a high biller in her firm, no doubt she can be tough, firm and hard, but that is what good bosses do, and she motivated me at least in the right way. I was very fortunate to have some great years with her, and the experience and exposure I gained in the firm were a big part of my success today. Thank you, California People Search. The flexibility is also great, and she pays a good base salary where many agencies don't and go for the higher commission, and terrible base structure. You can be really successful but you must be a self-starter. Lazy people or folks that feel entitled will get nowhere in this environment. Agency is hard! but rewards well.

Cons

You don't have much guidance, or supervision, kind of sink or swim, you have to be a go getter and be a aggressive sales person, otherwise you will just not do well.

2. "Terrible management"

Pros

Somewhat flexible. I honestly can't say anything positive about this place.

Cons

Becky (owner) pitted the employees against one another and created a very hostile environment. Not a nice place to work and would not recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Take some managerial and ethics courses.

3. "Great Company to work for, but you are in charge of your success"

Current Employee - Recruiter and Operations Director in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter and Operations Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at California People Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for California People Search is great. I enjoy the flexibility of my schedule, good compensation, and everyone on the team is nice to work with. I like working for California People Search because being a recruiter is challenging and you are in charge of your own success. The commission plan is set up to motivate you to do well. If you are willing to work hard you will be successful. The President is generous, kind, and a hard worker herself.

Cons

Wish we had a 401k plan that is really the only thing that I think could make things better.

"Worst Job and Boss I Ever Had. Ever."

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at California People Search full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quitting, leaving, ending employment here, finding another job

Cons

Owner pit employees against each other and gossiped about them to one another, unclear and ever-changing expectations, lack of respect for employees in the way they were spoken to, revolving door of recruiters and other staff, lack of tools to do your job, culture of anxiety due to tyrannical owner. No real ability to advance within this company.

Advice to Management

Find another line of work, have no idea how this company stays open

"Overall Negative Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at California People Search full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, other than that there are no pros to this company.

Cons

This company offers LACK OF:
    Leadership, accountability, collaboration with colleagues, upward mobility, training and development, and a creative thriving environment and culture. It is a small company with a lack of leadership, which creates tension between employees. I would advise one to go look at another agency where you can get the training, commission structure, compensation, and leadership that will motivate you to succeed and teach you the right skills to grow within the staffing and recruiting industry.
    Future employees BEWARE!

Advice to Management

No company can succeed without a great leader. Lying to employees and saying terrible things behind their backs to other employees does not benefit anyone.