California Singles Reviews | Glassdoor

California Singles Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2016

4.3
  1. "A place where my enthusiasm, work ethic, and talents are appreciated!"

I have been working at California Singles full-time

Pros

I love the team environment and the ability to run your own office. There really isn't any micromanaging and you have the freedom to be creative and build strong relationships with your clients. Compensation for our efforts in regards to commission is generous and new ideas are welcomed by management. We have gone through some major changes in the last year and things are definitely looking up.

Cons

no real room for advancement or growth. A great "for right now" job. No benefits or retirement.

Advice to Management

There is a very noticeable difference between the people who work hard and are successful as matchmakers with happy and successful clients and those who are not successful due to things like laziness, horrible work ethic, or blatant disregard for their client's feelings and success. I feel that reviews should be often and based on productivity, not seniority. I know I am worth more to the company than I am paid... but I stay because I believe in the management and I feel what I do for people is rewarding. It is very frustrating to be paid less than people you out perform on a daily basis.

California Singles2015-05-08
  2. "Wonderful Environment"

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning opportunity, open communication with Management, clean space, welcoming staff, opportunity to learn and grow,

Cons

The hours are some times a little inconvenient but management is understanding and willing to work with you in case of emergencies!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I love working here and I think of everyone as my second family!

California Singles2015-05-07

"my home away from home"

I have been working at California Singles full-time

Pros

Great coworkers Bonus/Commission opportunities POTLUCKS!! :) I have kids and my boss is flexible if I need to be off or come in late because of them

Cons

Clients can be pretty rude - especially if their feelings are reciprocated with a match, they take it out on matchmaking

Advice to Management

Would love a 401K

California Singles2015-05-07
  4. "Wonderful environment with Room for growth"

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small office environment with very hands on Management. Base pay plus AWESOME commission opportunities if you work for them. Full benefits. Even though you work as a team you have your own office and are able to dictate you day within reason.

Cons

Unrealistic clients is worst of it, but you have a team that assists so you do have a deal with it alone.

Advice to Management

Track outbound and inbound more often and without notice, not only monthly but on random days. so as to get a better understanding of efforts made and to see trends. More Positive team building to offset stress and build team unity.

California Singles2015-05-07
  5. "Helping people find the love of their life"

Current Employee - Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to come into work and love the people you work with is very important. Other jobs I have worked for do not put any care into the office environment and make it feel like your working for a company. Here it feels like I work with a company.

Cons

Clients can be pretty mean. If they do not get what they want right away, they give up and take it out on the employee. But it pays off when they end up finding someone special.

Advice to Management

The benefits can hopefully improve.

California Singles2014-10-03
  6. "Rewarding career, appreciative owner and family environment."

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Every day is something new and exciting. This is an industry that is demanding and needs individuals that are passionate about helping singles. Great management, opportunities for growth when you put in the effort and a lot of teammates to turn to for training.

Cons

The job can be demanding but the payoff of couples in love makes it worth it.

Advice to Management

More recognition for stellar performances.

California Singles2014-09-18
  7. "Hard work and fast paced but well compensated"

Current Employee - Marketing in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honest and ethical company who works hard to help members. I love it when our matchmaking department sends out letters from happy customers. Fast paced with an excellent opportunity to make a good living.

Cons

Hard work and fast paced. There's little time to sit and do nothing. Mostly evenings and weekends as that is when our clients are usually available.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have better hours, but I understand that this is the nature of this industry.

California Singles2014-08-19
  8. "Integrity"

Current Employee - Dating Coach in Fresno, CA

I have been working at California Singles full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

honest, caring, concerned about the clients success, Treats employees great.

Cons

late night work. a few office politics, work butt off

California Singles2014-05-21
  9. "I Found My calling <3"

Current Employee - Personal Matchmaker

I have been working at California Singles full-time

Pros

I truly believe that this where I am suppose to be and what I am suppose to be doing. Working here is fun, high energy and it feels like a big dysfunctional family.

Cons

When Clients don't understand that we can't go against policy by sending pictures and or match them every week...it's a process.

Advice to Management

Having boundaries yet, caring and understanding is definitely the way to go.

California Singles2015-05-13

"Fast paced yet rewarding"

Current Employee - Matchmaker in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at California Singles full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having personable co-workers who work as a team and are supportive of your work and personal life; we strive to be a family. Being able to help clients find their life long companion and getting to know others through out the country. The commission earned is a good rate.

Cons

The conversations with our clients can become overwhelming when they are unhappy with the service when the situation was not one I had control over. A lot of the times they want something to complain about and someone to yell at and we become the target. The hours can be trying on the home life when there is too much work for business hours. Even though we work as a team, much of the job is individualized and at... times co-workers do not give the support needed at the time. It can turn into those letting others drown and not caring.

Advice to Management

Take the time to sit down with each matchmaker monthly and review their work and work ethic. Pull the phone logs, where they can grow, what needs work, what they can do to support the team, and where they are beneficial for the team and penalize those who do not do the work required of them or refuse to support the team.

Found 13 reviews