California State University, Northridge Reviews
83% would recommend to a friend
(772 total reviews)
Dr. Dianne F. Harrison
82% approve of CEO
Found 772 of over 861 reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about California State University, Northridge? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with California State University, Northridge employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and the students expect to be passed." (in 66 reviews)
- "Salaries are low and haven't significantly changed almost since the last millenium." (in 19 reviews)
- "Minimum wage and only can work 20 hours on campuse" (in 10 reviews)
- "4. Management plays favorites, and there is lots of nepotism" (in 9 reviews)
- "Classes are extremely impacted and difficult to get" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of California State University, Northridge and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Executive AssistantCurrent Employee
Colleagues are nice to be with. It has a really great scholarly atmosphere.
Food needs more variety. Other than that are great.
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Annual Giving AssociateFormer EmployeeNorthridge, CA
Good pay, good vacation days, warm and friendly workplace environment, good management, and amazing benefits and employee programs.
High traffic area, better to live close by to avoid long commute. Enforces liberal values on employees, not much freedom to opt out of certain trainings
- 4.0Nov 8, 2023Marketing and Communications AssociateFormer Employee, more than 1 yearNorthridge, CA
Great place to work when you are a student and are trying to get as much experience and knowledge as possible.
The pay was not the best.
- 3.0Oct 31, 2023Student Assistant (SRC)Former Employee, less than 1 yearNorthridge, CA
Be a male and you get away with anything you do.
The Supervisor is always looking at writing the females up and watching them to make a mistake all the time.
- 5.0Oct 23, 2023Student Administrative Support AssistantFormer Employee
Loved working at the USU, I learned so much and management was amazing. They really want to help you gain valuable work experience to use once you graduate.
Sometimes had to work later into the evening if there were events.
- 3.0Oct 31, 2023CashierFormer EmployeeNorthridge, CA
Schedule prioritizes students’ classes and academic responsibilities. Convenient to work on campus.
Convenient job but pays minimum wage.
California State University, Northridge Reviews FAQs
California State University, Northridge has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 861 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at California State University, Northridge to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
83% of California State University, Northridge employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated California State University, Northridge 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.