CallidusCloud Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

Pros
  • Enjoyed the work environment and company offers room for advancement (in 14 reviews)

• s a great place to make an impact and grow your career (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is very poor with above-said things for the talented employees (in 5 reviews)

• With rapid growth comes many challenges (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Success and rewards there for the taking"

Pros

CallidusCloud is a place where you can reap the benefits of your effort and engagement. There is not shortage of opportunity at the company as it continues to grow and more exciting acquisitions are made. What makes it so rewarding is that you get out of it what you put into it, the same can not be said for many companies - I don't think everyone realizes this. The leadership team are approachable and have done a great job I think - In the few years Ive been here, the company has continued to grow, teams have got bigger and the results have got better. The ESPP is a great benefit.

Cons

There is not much handholding on offer here. There is a great opportunity to learn and advance your career, but you will need to be proactive and drive it.

There is lots going on at CallidusCloud and in some cases, there are not enough resources to achieve everything you want to. So be prepared to run hard and prioritize - if you can then you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it is working. Keep going with the quarterly all hands, they are fun and informative.

2. "A organization that listens to SALESPEOPLE'S NEEDS and TAKES ACTION"

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Dublin, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our Sales Operations team at CallidusCloud is the best I've ever worked with. This team provides world-class sales tools to enable salespeople to SELL MORE, FASTER. We use our own technology and have a roadmap to deploy all our solutions to our salespeople. Christine Dorrion and her team LISTEN to the current employees and invest in tools that help our salespeople uncover more opportunities and sell more. This company has Sales in it's DNA, from each and every Executives being involved in customer interactions and overall customer success. This is a world-class company to come sell for. We have a Customer First mindset that empowers employees to make decisions that are in the best interest of our customers. The best decision I've made in my career was coming to CallidusCloud as a Director of Sales.

Cons

Limited office space for managers to have individual offices.

"God awful management"

Former Employee - Reporting Consultant in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Reporting Consultant in Redwood City, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It could be great

Cons

The worst managers you can find anywhere. They have very little experience and often extremely arrogant and unpleasant to deal with. Being cursed at by certain senior VPs can be common place. Services is the worst place to be, you get no support, no praise, little bonuses and no stock.

Advice to Management

find new jobs. Unless there are changes this will sink

CallidusCloud Response

Mar 27, 2017 – EVP, Chief Talent and HR Officer

We were recently certified as a Great Place to Work (http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/calliduscloud). To become certified our employees participated in an anonymous survey administered and ... More

"OK company awful management team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This was a decent company with good benefits.

Cons

Management changes were not positive to the environment.

Advice to Management

Recognize the importance of people as human beings.

CallidusCloud Response

Mar 27, 2017 – EVP, Chief Talent and HR Officer

It is because of our dedicated and talented team that we are able to provide our customers with innovative product capability that no competitor or peer can match. Our employees like working here ... More

"Dynamic, high-energy company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud (More than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, fast-paced, high energy company

Cons

Employee churn can be a downfall

Advice to Management

Focus on execution

"Old School Trying to Be Hip"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I worked at CallidusCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free soda, water, coffee, and some snacks
    Monthly lunch, beer bash, and ice cream
    Beautiful office space
    Holiday parties at the office

Cons

It's run like a 1990's software company. Very top heavy and hierarchical. There is no "partner" with your manager. People run around like chickens trying to kiss up to the CEO, while he talks about all the expensive cars he drives. It's not a casual, open dialogue type place with upper management, though they try to talk the game that it is.

As with any company, your experience is based on the group you work in, and I'm sure there are some great groups, and people to work with at CallidusCloud, but I also see a lot of weird groups. Just weird setups, weird and poor communication to team. Back stabbing, etc..
    While there is a beer bash, most people grab their beer and go back to their desk to keep working (so again old school trying to be youthful)
    While there are Christmas and Halloween events, same thing. Very few people attend, and those that do grab food and go back to their desk...
    I just can't find a better word to describe it than weird.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be modern, and be modern. Stop the old school, "fear your boss" atmosphere.

"Awesome Job"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Birmingham, AL

Pros

Benefits, Office Environment, Flexible Schedule, Conferences opportunities, Supervisors are open to you working in different departments

Cons

Training structure, Commission-pay, Miscommunication with management (Fight for control)

Advice to Management

Miscommunication from management causes more mistakes in employee performance.

"Carrier advancement and Carrier path."

Current Employee - Project Director/Professional Services in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Project Director/Professional Services in Dublin, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Here at CallidusCloud, you have to be somewhat your own boss. Meaning, you are free and encouraged to participate and even lead in your area of expertise. With the companies growth it seems like the sky is the limit for opportunity, but you have to grab your opportunities and hang on. Over all, I have been so privileged to be a part of these amazing people that make up CallidusCloud. Up, Up and away to the top 5 Cloud Company arena.

Cons

I would like to see more actual PM organization used to bring various department and company initiatives together in a common effort. We could do even more than we are right now and more efficiently. More consistency in cross collaboration tools.

Advice to Management

Enforce teaming between departments with the VP/SVP leadership. Any barriers to team work and cross departmental collaborations should be quickly squashed.

"Great people, great community."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work at CallidusCloud are extremely welcoming. The community is also great because there are people from many different backgrounds that can work together. Free food is always a plus too!

Cons

For now, I can't think of any cons.

"Review"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dublin, CA

Pros

Best, dynamic talent
    Opportunities for career growth
    Not transparent

Cons

Poor management of resources, no cost to living salary adjustments