CallidusCloud Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
CallidusCloud President and CEO Leslie Stretch
Leslie Stretch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work-life balance,Excellent work environment" (in 17 reviews)

• "Great commission structure, work-life balance and no micromanagement" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes work life balance is a challenge but, management is good about understanding the need for down time too" (in 5 reviews)

• "There is a total lack of respect shown from senior management to non-management employees that I've never experienced in my career" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced, performance focused, amazing culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Callidus is a fast paced company with an amazing culture and visionary leadership.

CallidusCloud employees work hard and play hard. This is a place where performance is key and your performance drives your compensation not your tenure - MVP can be anyone in the company and presidents club is not about sales only! Opportunities and room for growth and the company really does offer you the flexibility to pursue your interests.

One of the few places where i have not seen red tape and focus on getting things done. All employees are encouraged to follow their passion and changing groups or role is very easy and even encouraged. I have seen management work hard ensuring not only that we do not lose good talent by providing enough opportunities but also rewarding top performers.

Also, very considerate to work with employees individual circumstances. In my time here, i have seen HR going to extra length to try finding solution for an employee's personal situation.

The leadership team has been visionary to build portfolio of a suite of products which together, are one of a kind in the market, has is very focused on the company vision and have really delivered results.

Cons

From my point of view, not any cons that i can think of. You are responsible for your own destiny here, there is help and guidance available, but you need to seek it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing more of what you are doing. Its working !
    Encourage more direct and transparent conversations at all levels.

"Rocket ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Mature products, proven scalability, deep domain expertise and dominant in the Enterprise space.
    - Fast paced, moves faster and more aggressively than supposedly nimble startups.
    - Good brand and reputation, customers genuinely like and value the solutions.
    - Great benefits - 401k matching; medical plans with broader coverage and low out-of-pocket cost; unlimited time off policy.
    - Rapid growth means lots of opportunities to grow a career by taking over new responsibilities or move to another area.

Cons

- Not for the faint of heart. Rapid execution means constant adjustments and operating under uncertainty, making decisions quickly and acting on them immediately. If you like to plan in detail your every move months in advance, CallidusCloud is going to feel like a tornado to you.
    - It is a work hard, play hard kind of place. If you want a relaxing and easy gig and cruising in your job, this is not your place.

Advice to Management

Maintain your culture, preserve sense of urgency, continue international expansion.

3. "Good environment"

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All the coworkers are Very friendly and supportive,

Cons

I live in the city. It's kinda far.

"Old school"

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

Donuts and bagels.
    A handful of equally bright and emotionally intelligent people. The rest are condescending and unprofessional.

Cons

Every company has its fair share of bad apples (managers as well as employees) so we're not here to talk about that. We're talking about the surprisingly old school, hierarchical, and political environment at Callidus. It's bad for business to be as hierarchical as they are at this size, specifically in the Bay Area. Some of their leaders are unqualified, entitled prima donna's - it's quite comical! It's clear that people/talent is not Callidus' top priority, which means they do not stand a chance in the Bay Area. Most teams are led by fear and that's sad to say in 2018. If you're looking for a place for autonomy, transparency, and impact, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

None, since they are known for rejecting feedback.

CallidusCloud Response

Apr 4, 2018 – EVP, Chief Talent and HR Officer

We foster a culture of respect, innovation, creativity and transparency- workplace politics, fear and hierarchy has no place in our work culture. Our team is very important to us, that is why we have... More

5. "Sales Executive"

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

Great commission structure, work-life balance and no micromanagement.

Cons

Need a little more direction and vision from leadership.

"Sales Director"

Current Employee - Sales Director
    Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is truly an amazing company, and an unknown gem in the software business. I have been selling application software for over 30 years, and have never made more money or had more fun. The portfolio is powerful stuff that adds real value to sales and the selling process. Impactful stuff that you don't get with CRM. It's also fun to open the eyes of VP of Sales, Sales Ops and even Finance on what we can bring to their business. Great comp plan. I can guarantee that few in industry are making the money you can make here. This company rewards success 10X over other places I have been. Executive management is stellar.

Cons

Not many. Can be demanding and you have to be a self-starter. You also need to understand a mature sales process to work well here.

"Life post-acquisition exceeded my expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Entrepreneurs often share horror stories of counting down the calendar post acquisition. This is NOT one of those stories. As a founder, I feel challenged, appreciated and rewarded on a daily basis. I now spend more time on product and sales - the two things that I personally find most rewarding

I regularly discuss with my founder firends how lucky my team and I are to have been acquired by this company. I have made many introductions to a few founders to the Corp Dev team and I wanted to document why

* It is a public company but is very agile and behaves like a big startup
    * Great culture that aligned with ours - work hard, play hard.
    * Transparent communication - open door policy and easy to have straight-talking conversations directly with exec team. CEO is v. approachable
    * Respect for the team and individuals - open to opinions, the way things may have worked and open a discussion. Straight-talking encouraged
    * Independence - indepedence or autonomy to grow the business. Especially on product direction which is always important to a founder

As a company, we feel like we are an empowered division within the big company. We are growing the business at a great pace and feel rewarded in doing so.

Cons

Getting up to speed with internal stakeholders and process (more a reflection of being in a different timezone / office)

Advice to Management

keep up the empowerment of your people - the right people always respond to ambitious goals and challenges

"Great Company, Culture and Management"

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time

Pros

I've been working for CallidusCloud for about 2 1/2 years, and I really enjoy my job. I can actually say that I look forward to coming into work every day. There is a very laid back culture which makes it a very comfortable environment. It mirrors the culture of some of the largest high-tech companies in Silicon Valley. The management team is top notch and are always looking for ways to keep their employees happy. This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for, and I look forward to a long career with CallidusCloud. I would highly recommend this company if you're a hard worker looking for a fast-paced, fun working environment.

Cons

I think annual performance reviews would be beneficial.

"Good company with strong products, needs resource management investment"

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career opportunities, flexible work schedule, decent compensation, strong products, executives are passionate

Cons

Longer working hours, limited training opportunities, higher workloads, low r&d

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees and laborforce, improve work/life balance.

"Unprofessional and the worst job I have ever had."

I have been working at CallidusCloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good, I can't believe it's a public company with the tricks they play.

Cons

You will be asked to jump through hoops for interview after interview, which will be with people that treat you like you are nothing more than the dirt on their shoe. You will have to answer ridiculous questions and be subjected to your first glimpses of the shady way they operate.

Advice to Management

Get a life