Cambia Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Mark B. Ganz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance options - reasonable workload - remote work is an option for most - relaxed dress code (in 18 reviews)

• Flexibility to work from home for some positions (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is less desirable, management changes in fast pace (in 7 reviews)

• Incredibly hostile upper management that seemed at odds with each other at all times (in 10 reviews)

1. "Data Scientist"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Data Scientist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team members to work with.

Cons

Seattle is boring, pretty boring.

Advice to Management

Nothing. It is great.

Feb 12, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for the 5 star review and for being a part of the Cambia team! Please reach to out to me anytime to share ideas for boosting the excitement in the Seattle office.
    Elizabeth Hall
    Director... More

2. "Current Employee"

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Visionary leadership and focus on innovation products, services, and partnerships will allow Cambia to be competitive in the consumer healthcare space.

Cons

Crowded space with aggressive competition. Cambia will have to move efficiently and effectively to compete.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

Apr 18, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for the review, and I’m glad you are enjoying your experience here. Please feel free to contact me directly to share any additional feedback you may have.
    elizabeth.hall@cambiahealth.com... More

3. "Highly ethical & driven to change lives!"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have always felt supported by my management team no matter what. Decisions are made only after careful and thorough analysis of total impact. Coworkers are professional and empathetic, and really keep the customer needs above all else. Excellent benefits and time-off policies. Excellent location close to everything. Everyone in the organization from the top down acts with the highest ethics, and the best of intentions. We’re a diverse work force, and everyone seems to work well together towards exceeding organizational goals.

Cons

None! I am overjoyed to be a part of the cutting edge of healthcare innovation and it’s a thrill to come into work everyday!

Advice to Management

The Pacific Northwest is an expensive place to live. Consider creative ways of assisting lower-income earning employees to achieve the dreams of home ownership and college educations for their children without the need for them to hold outside employment.

Mar 29, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Wow! Thank you for a glowing review. I'm thrilled to hear that your experience is so positive, and we strive to uphold our ethics and values in all that we do. Did you know Cambia was recently... More

4. "Their heart is in the right place, actions don't always align"

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

The Cause and Core Strategies of the company are very focused and feel right.
    The people that work at this company care, a lot, about what they do and what they are trying to achieve.

Cons

There is only so much that can be done with a do more with less mentality.
    There are so many levels of leadership it can be hard to get things done, with the people doing the work having very little option to be innovative.

Advice to Management

The actions of some of our leaders are not reflective of the Cause and Core Strategies. Salaried staff are consistently being asked to do more with less and having one person work the job that should be three is unfair to the health and wellbeing of your employees.

Apr 13, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I agree that Cambia employees are truly passionate about our Cause. I'd love to chat with you to understand more about your experience at... More

5. "Healthy Work Culture"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive, progressive, open-minded, flexible, positive.

Cons

It is a large company & can be hard to collaborate between projects/departments.

Mar 29, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for the 5 star review! We strive to have a healthy culture, and I'm glad you feel we are doing well there. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at Elizabeth.Hall@cambiahealth.com to... More

6. "Offer great benefits"

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has great benefits and flexibility with work schedule and remote option. Good vacation and 401K an yearly bonus.

Cons

Hard to advance or transfer. Training was bare minimum to perform job duties and very unorganized. Very clicky environment with management and some fellow employees. Very hard to thrive and grow.

Advice to Management

Please provide a more organized and complete training program for newer employees. Avoid favoritism amongst employees when promoting and opportunities come up. Take a genuine interest in all of your employees and their development.

Mar 29, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am glad you have been with us for a long period of time and find Cambia’s benefits to be great. I’d like to hear more about your concerns. If you are willing... More

7. "Cambia is a great place to work with skilled people."

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Never a lack of work and all the employees are super focused about their work. Water cooler talk is best avoided and will get you nowhere. Has very knowledgeable tech staff and diversity.

Cons

Not a good work/life balance. That is really the only drawback.

Mar 8, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad you are having a positive experience at Cambia. If you'd like to share more with me directly, please feel free to reach out.
    Elizabeth Hall
    Director... More

8. "Analytics Intern"

Pros

Great work and team! Lot of fun activities for interns also amazing leadership experience.

Cons

Too many layers of management and that's why slow in moving forward.

Mar 8, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for your review and for the work you did for us during your internship! If there is more specific feedback you or any of our interns have, you can easily contact me at... More

9. "Release Engineer III"

Current Employee - Release Engineer III in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Release Engineer III in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, great place to work, good benefits and pay.

Cons

Yearly salary adjustments barely align with cost of living increase.

Mar 8, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I am glad you have been with us for a long period of time and find Cambia to be a great place to work. Please feel free to reach out any time to share any ideas you... More

"Poor leadership choices and sexism in leadership"

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Cambia has excellent benefits like generous PTO and an excellent cafeteria. There are also a number of interesting products in their portfolio and they at least try to promote a consumer conscious mindset. You will also find some very talented and intelligent employees in certain parts of the company.

Cons

Unfortunately, there are also many strange leadership choices--think general managers without business educations or enough experience to create strategies for their division and CEOs that have to cover multiple, non-related companies in the Cambia family. This means that there are a lot of yes-men that are not critical of business decisions and don't consider gaps until it is too late. There are also always disgruntled employees who lack proper leadership and have few opportunities for growth. I have also heard complaints from multiple female leaders saying that there is a culture of gender discrimination in leadership.

Advice to Management

Look for leaders with real business experience and emotional intelligence; if you are going to take a chance on someone, try to at least add to the diversity of your leadership group. Don't continue to play the good-ol-boy game that is evident in your management team right now.

Feb 6, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cambia. We strive to provide a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we have strong female representation in our management, senior management and Board of... More