Cambia Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Mark B. Ganz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance options - reasonable workload - remote work is an option for most - relaxed dress code" (in 18 reviews)

• "Flexibility to work from home for some positions" (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance is less desirable, management changes in fast pace" (in 7 reviews)

• "Incredibly hostile upper management that seemed at odds with each other at all times" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Healthy Work Culture"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive, progressive, open-minded, flexible, positive.

Cons

It is a large company & can be hard to collaborate between projects/departments.

Mar 29, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for the 5 star review! We strive to have a healthy culture, and I'm glad you feel we are doing well there. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime at Elizabeth.Hall@cambiahealth.com to... More

"Pretty darned good...5+ years here so far"

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity. Lots of experience. Lots of platform exposure. Work from home.

Cons

Middle management is a political s---hole. Minimize exposure and life is good as an individual contributor. I have had 4 outstanding managers, 1 good manager, and 2 terrible managers here (lot of re-orgs and manager turnover plus couple of job moves I made = 1 new manager per year on average...would prefer 2-3 years per manager).

Advice to Management

Get middle management all rowing in the same direction...there is an awful lot of unnecessary political strife in this layer.

Jul 2, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at Cambia. I agree this is a time of great opportunity for us! If you have specific feedback you would like to discuss on your "con" comments... More

"Gender Discrimination is here"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent insurance, decent PTO bank, annual bonus, good coworkers, excellent cafeteria with home made organic choices, close walk to PSU, public transit, etc.

Cons

equal pay doesn't exist here... men get paid MUCH more money for the same job than women do, paying to park in downtown Portland is $300/mo with no assistance/reimbursement, benefits are VERY expensive (about 1/2 my check for my benefits package for family coverage) and it's not worth what i pay for it.

Advice to Management

you drive people out... try having a little empathy & understanding. Would you like to be thrown a major project with no direction and told, 'figure it out' and then left to fend for yourself? An employee's motivation is a direct result of the sum of interactions with his/her manager and management is seriously lacking here!

Jul 11, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for your thoughts on your experience at Cambia. Our dedication to our Cause and focus on transforming health care creates a special workplace, and I'm glad that you have also been enjoying... More

"Revolving door in Leadership"

Pros

Great pay, company supports social causes.

Cons

Politics politics politics. If you're not in the in crowd, you're out. The leadership turnover makes it so you have to prove yourself over and over.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees' history outside of Cambia, not just at Cambia. Take the time to get to know your team.

Jul 2, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Cambia supports many social causes through three areas: the Cambia Health Foundation, employee impact and community engagement. Please feel free to... More

5. "Administrative assistant"

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

People are nice and easy to work with

Cons

Just started so don’t know the cons yet

Jun 7, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Welcome to Cambia! Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear you’ve had a positive experience so far. Feel free to reach out to me any time if there's anything else you'd like to share.
    Elizabeth... More

"Human Resources Specialist"

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Great potential for future vision. Company President has a strong moral compass and does well in transparently communicating challenges and future vision for the company.

Cons

Most processes are decades old. Using spreadsheets to track merit increases, only upgrading key data systems years after they have expired, not being proactive in business needs.

Advice to Management

You need to recognize that you are behind the curve (especially in HR) and your thinking and strategy are things that most companies put into place 15 years ago.

Jun 7, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are committed to offering a great employee experience, including implementing our HR technology roadmap. If you would to share any feedback... More

"Murky strategic direction"

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

My peers care a lot about members. The company attracts many people who are passionate about what they do and work hard. The food offered in the cafeteria is amazing as are the gym benefits.

Cons

There appears to be a deliberate ambiguity to create strategic alignment between departments that could be working cross-functionally. The impact of that are territorial attitudes and gossiping. There is a fear of cannibalization.

Advice to Management

Either find a way to align your departments or make the clear cut decision to consolidate your departments.

Jun 7, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I agree the employees at Cambia are truly passionate about our Cause. I’d like to better understand your concerns. Please reach out to me directly if you are... More

"Software Developer (6 years)"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nonprofit health insurance gives warm fuzzies.
    Lots of positive change over the last 6 years in both technology and attitude.
    Attracts lots of people who care.
    Diverse workforce with involvement in all sorts of activities (PRIDE, Habitat for Humanity, etc).

Cons

Sometimes upper management layers lose track of reality.
    Our nonprofit status only applies to Regence (the insurance biz). The other companies under the umbrella are not nonprofit.
    Some projects are ultra-high visibility (member site), which can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Re-purpose a few management layers; there's a lot of cruft there. Empower the people doing the work more, we know what we're doing better than you do. :)

Jun 7, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to see there are so many things you like about Cambia, including the people, technology and activities. If you would like to talk in more... More

9. "Great Values, Certain Management not so much."

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Offer lot of events and activities to show appreciation.

Cons

Some of management is disorganized and hard to reach when needed.

Advice to Management

N/C

May 21, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I’m glad you enjoy the events and activities we offer to our employees. Feel free to reach out to me any time if there's anything else you'd like to... More

10. "Regence - FEP"

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Great training program, involved trainers and coworkers, free gym on site

Cons

No free parking, micro managing, high turnover rate

May 7, 2018 – Director, Employee Experience

Thanks for the feedback. It’s great to hear you enjoyed our training program. Feel free to reach out to me anytime if there's anything else you'd like to share.
    Elizabeth Hall