Cambia Health Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 3, 2017

1.0
Mark B. Ganz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work life balance options - reasonable workload - remote work is an option for most - relaxed dress code (in 18 reviews)

• Flexibility to work from home for some positions (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is less desirable, management changes in fast pace (in 6 reviews)

• They will push political agendas onto their employees with emails from upper management, etc (in 8 reviews)

1. "Leadership OUT OF TOUCH"

Former Employee - Research Analyst
    Former Employee - Research Analyst

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule depending on position.

Cons

Nepotistic Girls club...if you’re not part of the clique you probably won’t get promoted. Low pay scale and business realignments every 2-3 years will probably leave you out of a job.

Advice to Management

Value the people who do the WORK for your company. Stop paying the executives so much and share the wealth with hard working employees. Low wages and morale are rampant in your company.

"Get it together, Cambia"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My immediate team was knowledgeable and productive, super-smart, and an overall nice bunch of guys.

Cons

Most of my entire team was slowly let go, one-by-one, for poor decisions that the people firing us had made. This is not uncommon for engineering at Cambia, and I highly recommend steering clear.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

3. "Do Not Contract Here!!"

Former Contractor - Developer in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Developer in Portland, OR

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work from home options, people are nice but often are retiring in place

Cons

Horrible place to be a contract worker. They cut 6 months down to 3 the day before I started. Tack on insane politics and resistance to change and you have a recipe for disaster.

Advice to Management

Get your head back to reality and treat all of your people well.

"Clinical services"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, PTO, Close to home

Cons

Members used to be number1 employees were pretty close as well, going back a few years, fast forward to now and new clinical services management. Members do not matter anymore it is all about saving the company money, it is horrible that people are told to leave facilities when they are not ready. New clinical services management calls staff losers, if people leave she says weeding out the losers. If you voice a concern the response is if you don't like it you can leave....best decision I have ever made was to leave and I will get my family to change insurance providers knowing what I know now.

Advice to Management

Treat members the way you would want to be treated follow the golden rule withnstaff as well.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cambia. If you would like to share more thoughts on Clinical Services, please reach out to me directly.
    Elizabeth Hall
    Director, Employee Experience... More

"Transform Management/Leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paid time off, and annual incentive program.

Cons

Constant layoffs, not just annually. Most employees are working in fear of losing their jobs. Too many layers of management, and some lack understanding of direction. This is a strange culture of fear and lack of comradery. I am surprised that the rating is a 3. I would rate Cambia a 2. If you are looking for a company that you feel your experience and skills will add value, you might check out other companies before making this leap. Consider these reviews before making any employment decisions.

Advice to Management

You can't run a successful project with an unhappy workforce. You hired great employees willing to join Cambia to contribute to its success. You should continue helping your employees grow to be the best they can be for Cambia. Get into regular teamwork events, start doing community service, and do that quarterly. Management should be held accountable for the successful outcome of the teamwork events, and the community service through the incentive program. Start with transforming yourself so that you can be a good leader, and change the way these reviews read.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cambia. I would like to learn more about what you have been experiencing, if you are willing to share. Please feel free to contact me directly.
    Elizabeth... More

"No Value for Hard Working People"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good Place to Learn New Technologies. Nothing Else to Say.

Cons

Lots of Micro Management. No Weekends. No Work Life Balance. Always Complains Even if you Work for 24 Hours. Horrible!!.

Advice to Management

Value the Employees.

"A large ship that needs more direction and solid leadership"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation, wonderful benefits and interesting co-workers.

Cons

Lacking strong systems, poor communication and awful planning and direction.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director, Employee Experience

Thank you for sharing your experience at Cambia. If you would like to share more, please feel free to contact me directly. I would like to learn from your experience.
    Elizabeth Hall
    Director... More

"Whole lot of talk...so little to back it up."

Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Medford, OR
    Current Employee - Internal Auditor in Medford, OR

I have been working at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Health insurance, paid time off, and somewhat flexible schedule. Offers other employee benefits; i.e. 3 weeks paid maternity leave, some positions are work from home.

Cons

Supervisors and managers at lower levels are unqualified, and undereducated for the positions they hold. Unfair pay and promotion practices. I have personally witnessed employees having to apply, interview, and even have writing assignments to get a level promotion within a position, and then with another employee (not some great worker) they will just be given the same promotion. I have personally witnessed bullying by management when they do not understand the subject being discussed (because they're not qualified anyway) and feel intimidated by the subject matter. Management makes decisions as a reaction and are not proactive even when they know a change is on the horizon and could be prepared.

I have been a victim of unfair pay practices, newly promoted employees into my position being given the position without meeting the experience and job requirements, and then even being given pay that is several dollars above me...even though I trained the employee and they do not even begin to do most of the tasks I am required to in the position, and honestly couldn't do because they do not have the appropriate skill set or system knowledge.

Reviews and promotions are based on popularity with your direct supervisor, not measurable objectives and outcomes. So, hope your supervisor likes you, and beyond that is willing to fight their peers for your raise.

HR will ignore employees who bring these pay and promotion issues to them. Or they will direct you to your supervisor, even if that is the person you have an issue with.

More and more of their work is being outsourced to over seas companies in India, but they make every effort to hide that from customers. For example, a letter sent to a member from an onshore employee will have that employee's signature, but that same letter sent from an off shore worker will show the department managers signature...makes sense only if you don't want customers to know you outsourced your work to India.

They will push political agendas onto their employees with emails from upper management, etc. All claiming they're trying to give you the facts, but fail to give facts about opposing opinions. No employee should ever feel like they're being persuaded to vote one way or another on an issue.

They also won't tell you about the numerous investigations, and lawsuits they're entangled in.

They constantly talk about ethical culture, but truly do not live it. It is just a facade, and when put to the test they fail....they fail in fair pay and employment practices most notably.

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words, especially louder thank your colorful corporate speak.

"Healthcare Services"

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Downtown location, some good coworkers, nice facilities, on-site gym

Cons

Out of touch and delusional senior management- by far the worst that I've ever experienced in my entire career; people are overworked without a clear direction on what they should be focused on; senior leadership has extremely poor communication to staff; staff is unclear on direction and strategy of the company

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers; try and make an effort to listen to staff and be aware of your surroundings and the environment;

"A company only out for a dime"

Former Employee - Provider Customer Service in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Provider Customer Service in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Cambia Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the pay.

Cons

The way they treat someone with a medical problem is absurd. Myself, and another person had a severe medical issue & the only thing they said was in regards to going over breaks. As a verbal warning.
    The seniority plays a HUGE role. Don't ever try to report a manager, or managers friend for ANYTHING. oh boy will it be turned into your problem and get you in trouble.

Hearsay should have no place in the work. Yet this company and gossip is what makes it or breaks it for you. I would recommend keeping to yourself as they will twist ANYTHING & EVERYTHING to their advantage to get you out.

Exceeding past all your peers? Well if you're not in the cool guy crowd or in with all the managers watch your back. They will try to get you out as fast as they hired you.

Have something you want to report? GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING & have a non biased third party there! If not they will believe the one with seniority & you won't have a chance to defend yourself.

Advice to Management

CARE ABOUT YOUR EMPLOYEES!