Cambridge Associates, LLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

3.3
David Druley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work-life balance is a positive (in 51 reviews)

• The opportunity to learn is there (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (hearing someone worked 90 hrs in a week is not surprising) (in 21 reviews)

• Further exacerbated by the low pay (in 15 reviews)

"Love my job-cannot complain"

Current Employee - Anonymous, Boston Office in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous, Boston Office in Boston, MA

Pros

It really all depends on your department. I enjoy the Large Company, flexibility of managers, great co-workers.

Cons

Knowing that some procedures that you see could be improved to be made more efficient, but theres nothing you can do but make the most of it.

Advice to Management

Who am I to give advice to Sandy. Shes obv. running a very successful and stable company

"Great first job at a prestigious, well-known firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Pros

Ability to work with sophisticated investors, plenty of resources for professional development during down time, extremely intelligent colleagues all over the globe

Cons

Must wait for someone to leave before someone else can be promoted, work can be routine at times, limited management opportunities in some groups

Advice to Management

keep employees in the loop, continue to provide professional development activities,

3. "Great Culture, C-Level Mgmt Rocks!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Culture
    Thought Leaders in Industry
    Benefits, Flexible hours
    Challenging Projects
    You see it, you get to fix it
    Great place for self starters
    People

Cons

Communications to middle management needs to improve, not enough networking events or opportunities so these future leaders can forge realationships

Getting Bigger, losing intimacy/closeness that is part of firm culture

Continuing Ed benefits could be better

Needs to be more innovative with regard to how research and investment reports are given to clients

4. "Effort Driven Company - Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

+ Amazing room to grow if you're interested --> we house some of the most interesting (and confidential) information in the industry. We have access to EVERYTHING.
    + Wonderful department culture --> employees in my department have a fantastic outlook, are very team oriented, and senior management does an incredible job.
    + Room to grow if you put in the work --> I was promoted in less than a year because I take on extra work and am always willing to go the extra mile. Effort is truly rewarded.
    + Great benefits --> 4 weeks off after 1 year with the company
    + Non-exempt position --> starting January 1st, 2012, as a Junior RA or Research Associate, you earn time and a half for all overtime.

Cons

There is some monotonous work involved in these positions, but it lessens as you get further in to your role. Also, long(er) hours are no stranger to me, but it's not excessive.

Advice to Management

In my department, we have some fantastic senior managers that we work with. My only advice is to make sure that we can take on everything that we commit to, because we take on an extraordinary amount of work and sometimes it leads to pretty crazy hours.

5. "My experience has been unique, rewarding and educational."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Respectful management, Flexibility to balance work/personal commitments, Great compensation and bonuses, Recognition of a job well done.

Cons

Long Hours, non-rapid growing roles

6. "Great entry level job - lots of opportunities for growth"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

Pros

I've found my time at Cambridge to be incredibly rewarding thus far. Management is incredibly supportive and invested in your professional growth and development. The department that I work in has a very team-based, collegial atmosphere. People are very positive, upbeat, and willing to lend a hand. Lastly, the firm is a true meritocracy and hard work is always rewarded.

Cons

Given the nature of the finance industry, occasionally long hours are required. When you start out, you're not given too much paid vacation, but I believe by industry standards it is fairly generous.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the level of support and guidance you offer. This support coupled with the transparency provided is greatly appreciated.

"Great Place to Start My Career!"

Current Employee - Research Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent Location in Arlington. Our building is right next to the Metro (Ballston on the Orange line). Our floors were recently renovated - two kitchens on each floor, a gym and parking downstairs, a cafe with good healthy food, large workspaces.

- Fun environment. Every month we have either bagels or ice cream socials for that month's birthdays. We have a Holiday party in December (last year it was at the Ritz in DC) and a Picnic in the summer.

- High Caliber Colleagues. My department is very selective when it comes to recruiting which means that all of my colleagues are highly capable individuals. It feels good knowing that my colleagues care just as much about their work as I do.

- Interesting Work. I can't share too much here, but I get to build relationships with individuals at all levels of Cambridge and as well as those that work at the industry's leading investment management firms.

- Generous Benefits. Tons of time off, comparively speaking, excellent health and 401k benefits.

- Opportunities for Advancement within the Firm. There are been at least 4 or 5 individuals in my department that have moved to other positions (vertically) within the last 8 months.

- Top-tier Management. Our management team is top-notch. They truly care about their teams and treat us with the utmost respect. They are in-tune to the fact that we won't be at Cambridge forever and provide us with general professional development whenever possible.

Cons

I wish I was paid more - but doesn't everyone?! Some of the reviewers may complain about compensation at Cambridge, but new college grads will be able to afford a pretty comfortable living.

8. "Great working environment, Great people"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most people are willing to cooperate, resonable and smart. Great work/life balance. Open minded leaders with long-term perspective in enterprise development.
    The company also provides great career path for the internal employees, and many people work for the company more than 10 years, even 20 years.

Cons

I could not tell much about the cons, since I like this company. If I have to something, I will say that the work pace could be a little faster. Be more responsive to the market change and be more client-oriented.

"Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I'm very curious to see where this company is in 3-4 years. They are doing a lot of internal software development and are expanding their OCIO segment. Great company that listens to employees and helps them get to where they want to go from a career standpoint. Entry-level pay is not competitive but it definitely gets better as you are increasingly able to add more value to the business. Great boss, great colleagues, and great location. It truly is a very team-oriented environment.

Cons

I can see other folks in different positions within the company having some issues, but as it pertains to my job I really have a hard time coming up with cons.

Advice to Management

They know what they are doing and my advice is probably not super beneficial.

"Get off the sinking ship"

I have been working at Cambridge Associates, LLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cambridge is a growing company. Cambridge has a unique culture like no other, they are client focused, and hard work oriented. In the financial world Cambridge is on top.

Cons

(IT) Management needs to get in touch with their employees; communication is seriously lacking always leaving employees wanting more or further discouraged, everyone is afraid of loosing their jobs, this has created an "on edge" work environment. Leaders lack accountability. Testing is not complete prior to huge projects mostly just thought up and implemented. The network crashes on a monthly basis, with no resolve and sugar covered explanations.

Advice to Management

Stabilize the network before implementing new procedures