Cambridge Educational Services Reviews

Updated Mar 3, 2020

2.1
Cambridge Educational Services Founder David P. Waldherr (no image)
David P. Waldherr

"Great place to work!!!"

5.0

I have been working at Cambridge Educational Services full-time

Pros

Cambridge has a fantastic mission with passionate and hardworking employees. Everyone here works as a team and is always willing to step up and help one another. This is also a place where employees will grow and learn skills through unique opportunities that most other companies do not offer. Lastly, the company is very flexible with days off and last minute situations.

Cons

Since Cambridge is a rapidly expanding company, employers need to know how to work independently and be flexible. They try to meet the needs of as many customers as possible which means that sometimes this can get tricky.

"Waste of Time"

1.0

I have been working at Cambridge Educational Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

None besides the cool coworkers.

Cons

The owner of this company is a complete nutjob. He’s delusional, clueless, and can’t understand anything that’s going on. He’s reminded me of a 4 year old trapped inside a man’s body. Absolutely no social skills, throws temper tantrums when mad (quite often), and creates a mess whenever he gets involved. Tries to psychoanalyze employees but comes off as a sociopath. Honestly pathetic how the one factor holding this company back is this clown of a CEO himself.

"I wish I could give negative stars"

Former Employee - School Relations Associate

I worked at Cambridge Educational Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I met some great friends and coworkers

Cons

Cambridge Educational Services is the worst place I hope that I ever work. As a brand-new college graduate, I thought the offer I received was a good opportunity at the time that turned into a horrifying nightmare for the short time that I worked there. The CEO not only has unrealistic expectations from new employees, he will very often scream and belittle them to their faces to the point of tears. Not only is the CEO terrible, but the other executives at the company are too spineless to stand up to him in support of the helpless admins. I could say more, but I really just wanted to echo the warnings on this page. PLEASE take these negative reviews SERIOUSLY. Worst mistake I ever made and I am haunted with the memories of the CEO to this day years later.

"STEER CLEAR: Worst Place to Work!"

I worked at Cambridge Educational Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch once every 2 weeks.

Cons

Literally everything else. I am a smart, passionate, and motivated person who will put in extensive effort to be successful. I read the terrible reviews prior to starting at the company, but I thought it wouldn’t be that bad. I was wrong. You will be belittled and demeaned to the point that you won’t even feel like yourself anymore. You will be walking on eggshells not knowing if the CEO is in a great or bad mood. You will receive instruction on how to do a project (to the point of being micromanaged), and then get screamed at and humiliated the next day for the way that you completed the project even though you did the project exactly as directed. This place will crush you. A note to new grads and interns: this is NOT the way that most companies are run. Put in the time to find something else. Within months of starting a similar position at a different company, I was promoted and praised for being so dedicated to the company. I never once felt appreciated while working at Cambridge. I genuinely can’t stress enough how horrible of a place this is. Also, you will not receive the bonuses that are promised to you. The pay for the amount of work that you are expected to do is so low that it is insulting.

Continue reading

"Abusive CEO. Unorganized company. Unwilling to take action to improve."

I worked at Cambridge Educational Services full-time

Pros

With much life and career experience, I can honestly state that there are zero Pros to working at Cambridge.

Cons

In addition to those listed above, read all other negative reviews here and you will read my exact feedback. None of the negative reviews are exaggerations and none should be taken lightly. BEWARE: any positive review on here from a current or former full-time employee is extremely misleading and is an attempt to discredit anyone leaving a negative review. There are only a handful of full-time employees at this company and there is ZERO CHANCE that any of them wrote a positive review with sincerity. Some of them are paid well to stay in spite of the cons, so I imagine they feel obligated to cheer for their own team. Don’t be fooled!

"Do not work here"

I worked at Cambridge Educational Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

None, run for the hills

Cons

- Owner treats employees terribly, tries to psychoanalyze people and dehumanize workers - Saw multiple people demeaned to the core, crying - Every day was like walking on ice, waiting to be yelled at for no apparent reason - Poor organization -- "meetings" to be yelled at were called at any time, "meetings"(particularly at the end of the day on Fridays) ran over with regularity - No rigid role structure -- They try to get almost everyone to work in sales, no matter your title.

Continue reading

"my review was removed...."

I worked at Cambridge Educational Services full-time

Pros

you can gain experience in all departments if you are young, fresh, and need to figure out what to do with your life

Cons

i wrote a very detailed and honest review earlier, evaluating all the positives and negatives of working here. that review was removed and a day later, a five star review was posted. fishy.

Continue reading

"Great Job and Internship Opportunities"

5.0

Pros

*There is a very positive work atmosphere. You work with amazing people – everyone on the staff is friendly and more than willing to help at any time! *The benefits are among the best I have seen. *The entire training program has been very recently restructured to ensure both new and old employees are set up for success. *There is a great balance of independent work and team work. Employees are allowed to independently get work done, but department members are always willing to help when necessary. *There are fun office outings, including the annual trip to Whitewater, WI, giving employees an opportunity to bond and get to know each other. *Employees are given their own, personal space at work, making focusing easy and day-to-day office life more enjoyable *Some positions are given awesome travel opportunities!

Cons

As mentioned, every work place has its cons. At Cambridge, you are definitely expected to think outside the box and contribute to developing ideas and improving the workplace. Some may view this is a con, but I think it gives all employees a great opportunity to learn, share, and be heard. With our current staff and company structure, I personally find working here very enjoyable.

"Opportunities to Grow"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cambridge Educational Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cambridge provides everyone with direct access to all facets of operations. You gain a ton of experience in a short period of time. Company is expanding educational offerings so you have opportunities to grow by giving your input to various departments. Employees are trusted with independent decision-making. You can travel to any part of country if you want to expand customer base, attend trade shows or give educational presentations.

Cons

Lots of responsibility as you have direct input to direction of company. High expectations. Customer service is number one priority so you have to make sure the customer is always happy. Education is seasonal so there are months where workload is much higher than other months. Interns are expected to contribute to company mission. Sales has requirements to get incentives and bonuses.

"Applicants Beware!"

I worked at Cambridge Educational Services full-time

Pros

Literally none. You might think "oh it's a job, even if it's bad at least I have money coming in, I just need something on my resume" but it's NOT worth it.

Cons

Literally everything every other negative review has said. Don't even bother interviewing.

Found 32 reviews