Cambridge International Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Kimberly Harokopus

1. "Corporate Intern"

Former Employee - Corporate Intern in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Intern in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge International Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the environment and opportunity to learn

Cons

Not a lot to do marketing wise

2. "Facility Security Officer"

Former Employee - Facility Security Manager in Goose Creek, SC
    Former Employee - Facility Security Manager in Goose Creek, SC

I worked at Cambridge International Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Good Benefits, Smaller Company..you not just a number

Cons

there tends to be a bit a nepotism that occurs within management than gets in the way of doing your job and doing it correctly

3. "Small Company, Big Ambitions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge International Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Great technical and program management. Company is aggressively pursuing growth.

Cons

Leadership is isolated and non-responsive. There are a few individuals who "know everything" and that culture inhibits expression of new ideas. No acknowledgement for jobs well done; it's just another day.

Advice to Management

IF you have a growth strategy, articulate it so everyone can feel invested in the onjectives.

"Arrogance"

Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at Cambridge International Systems part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no 'pros' except for a nice onboarding

Cons

Hired as proposal manager, left after 2 weeks. Arrogant employee culture, colleagues ask you to produce work products, then when done, they're ignored. No orientation for new employees. Laziness in producing federal bids, think all they have to do is cut and paste from other proposals, wasting their B&P. Can't address a requirement when put in front of them in full daylight. Inability to think critically, just cut and paste. Have won a few props recently but have no chance of growing/surviving outside of the SB realm into full and open competition. Need to get rid of fed-civ leadership, won't win anything in full and open. Really don't know why hired by Cambridge as the company had no interest in listening to the expertise it allegedly went out to acquire, rude people, just run over you and ignore your work

Advice to Management

Quit wasting your B&P, you're no longer a SB. Create a workplace of respect for work asked for/work done.

"Unbalanced and going nowhere"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Arlington, VA

Pros

Started out great, team was all about getting the work done, had support from customer, work appeared to be solid and progressing.

Cons

Certain members of team proved to be untrained or incompetent, customer interaction was spotty, and project work ground to a halt after about 90-120 days on program. No clear signs of resolution or mitigation seen, too much emphasis on programmatic milestones and not as much on technical achievements.

Advice to Management

Take an interest in your staff and accommodate their needs and strengths. Make the office (either in-house or with the customer) somewhere you want to be, not just a place to go collect a paycheck.

"I learned good things there"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Cambridge International Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will give you opportunities.

Cons

You can get laid off at any given time.

Advice to Management

Give us a warning.

7. "Abundance of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Virtual Performance Administrator in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Virtual Performance Administrator in Arlington, VA

Pros

I started at Cambridge as an intern. My management was very active in exposing me to different aspects Cambridge's business. Many senior members of Cambridge took the time to sit down with em and explain their departments, they gave me assignments which lead me to gain an understanding of the interconnection of the different departments in this company. I learned not only, the norms of these departments but specifically the Cambridge way of doing things. After a year of interning, I was hired on as a full time employee. I still feel like I am being exposed to the latest technology and many of the senior managers still take the time to help me understand how I can do my job better and more efficiently. I believe I will take these suggestions and advice with in any career I may have down the line. Ultimately, I would like to move up at Cambridge. They have given me many opportunities in fields which I never thought I would be exposed to. I feel I thrive in this environment because of the closeness and support of the people I work with.

Even though Cambridge is a rapidly growing environment, employees are empowered with the ability to obtain the tools they need to be successful. I have seen this company double in size since my intern days. The executives and senior management have been more than helpful in making sure everyone has the tools they need to be successful in their positions. Ultimately, they want us to be successful in all that we do. It is a great advantage to be so close to the leaders of our company. I am on a first name basis with the C.E.O and President. I feel like they both are approachable and more than willing to listen to any concerns or ideas that I may have.

Cons

While the headquarters is in a wonderful location, right on top of the Court House metro station, it may be hard to find parking visitors and interviewees. I would suggest calling ahead and getting directions to the underground garage (which we do validate)

Advice to Management

I feel like the management has gone above and beyond in helping me grow personally. I see people promoted within the company which is something I look for in a company. I have seen them train their staff as well. Many of my colleges have received relevant certifications to their positions. I would advise the management to keep these programs and training. These type trainings keep us up to date and able to remain competitive with our competition.

8. "Cambridge is growing and a great place to work."

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

Pros

The company was recently awarded several new contracts and is well positioned to win more contracts from government and commercial clients. Cambridge has a lot of experiences overseas. Overall, it's an exciting place to work.

Cons

The company has an entrepreneurial culture. It may not be a good fit for people who prefer to work for a large company that has a large bureaucracy.

"Staffing"

Former Employee - Senior Logsitics Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Logsitics Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cambridge International Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

not sure there was any?

Cons

Company understaffed, mis-allocated staff and undermanaged (didnt hire an "official" project/program mgr) a brand new team supporting a government contract.

10. "All in all not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Analyst in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Cambridge International Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, management was decent, but confusing with constant changes

Cons

Management may have been a little too not involved at times.